BY L'ORÉAL PARIS

!Sorry, this product has been discontinued.

L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Blonde HiLights Permanent Creme haircolor gives intense blonde highlights even on dark hair without brassines.

• L'Oréal Paris Excellence HiColor My hair is dark brown almost bl...5 Answers
  • Can I mix two of the colors of my choice to get the color I want?...1 Answers
  • I'm doing my hair as i speak, and it burns a lot!!! Is this norma...5 Answers
Genevieve T.
Seattle
I have used this twice and will not use any other permanent red hair color with developer ever..The pros are if you follow the directions and use the right level developer and add a absolute perfection color booster or a intensity protein bonder to the die when u mix it then you will get the most beautiful Ariel little mermaid red..I mixed the colors magenta and Red together and this is a pic right after I died it the first time. Check out my next review on how I touch up my red hair with semi permanent die by Arctic fox.
Oh the con to this color choice is be prepared to have a lot of upkeep..no more washing your hair daily and if u don't want it to fare fast then use cold water when washing. This brand has so far worked great for me but lasts maybe a month before fading and then I have to retouch it so it can be expensive.
Alexis A.
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Natural Blonde more...
First let start by saying when I first discovered this hair color....... I was shook, I was going for a red -red color and my hair was originally dark brown so I wanted something that would take and be noticeable and let me just say this color did exactly that. P.s I know the review is on the blonde color,which is what’s in my hair right now but When I first discovered this brand I brought the red from my local Sally’s. This is by far the best hair color, very true to color and easy to use. All you need is this and the developer to mix it with and that’s it. This is the only color that I buy to color my hair, although I do have one complaint with this color is the smell it has a very STRONG smell so if you’re someone that is really sensitive to certain smells then this may not be for you. But if you can deal with the smell then I recommend you try it Furthermore I felt this hair color didn’t tend to dry my hair out as much as other colors I tried.
Jessica F.
Bakersfield , CA
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Magenta more...
So everyday I get asked the same questions about my hair. Here it is, I’m happy to share with you all what I use. I do my own hair, I am NOT A PROFESSIONAL! I’m just sharing with all of you what works for me!
I use 5 boxes of HiColor HiLights in Magenta from @lorealhair and I use either a 20 or 30 developer, either or works just fine for me. But if I have to choose one, (30) I purchase everything at @sallybeauty my before hair color was dark brown, I did not have to bleach my hair what’s so ever to get this color. I’ve been red/magenta for about 4 years now. YES four years. I love my Hair! Hope this helps someone out there. I also have a VIDEO On touching up my hair on MY CHANNEL. Go head and check it out. Link in my bio. 🎀
#lorealhair #magentahair #redhair #saloncare #hilcolor #hilights #sallys #notaprofessional #hairgoals #redhairdontcare #linghair #ariel #youtuber #youtube #akjfamily #akjespinozafamily
Chelsea C.
Flagstaff, AZ
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red more...
This is the best color I have found for darker hair. If you are looking for that truly bright fire engine red with no pre lightening this is what you want. This hicolor Hair Color Works amazing I use it with 20 volume developer and my hair comes out a super bright red with no bleach or lightener at all. It's not crazy expensive with each tube being about $6 each when my hair was all the way down to my rear end I only needed three tubes which seems like a lot but I also have very thick hair. If you have darker hair and want brighter colors with less effort and less damage this is absolutely your product. I have about a medium chocolate brown color for my natural hair and this honestly gives me the brightest red I have ever achieved without bleach or lightener and I feel like it truly keeps my hair from being overly damaged.
Angie R.
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red more...
So I have no clue why Influenster says this hair dye is discontinued but I see no information about that anywhere else. This hair dye truly is the only hair dye that actually gave me the bright red hair I wanted. I used to go to the salon and they said they needed to do it in processes because I wasn't going to bleach my hair. It was getting too expensive even for a beauty school so I decided to try this out after hearing so many great things about it. The hype is worth it, this really is a great hair dye and I will always continue to use it!!
Imee A.
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Magenta more...
A little history on my hair, although I have naturally dark brown almost black hair, for over a year I have been dying it 'light brown' using various boxed dyes. That said, I can't really speak for results on dark hair or virgin hair. However, as you can see from the picture, the results are super vibrant, so if your question is simply "will this show up on dark hair?" my answer is oh yes, yes it will. It's been close to 4 weeks since the inital application and I haven't noticed a big change in color. I shampoo every 3-4 days, some of the pinkish hues have washed out so now my hair just looks like a very vivid, medium red. I think, however, it's fair to say that this color does not wash out as easily as some other dyes. FYI, I think somewhere on the box suggests using 40 Volume Developer, but I kind of chickened out and used 30 instead. Hope this helps!
Erika E.
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Magenta more...
Absolutely LOVE this particular line!

I used it a few years back to color my entire hair a pretty magenta red.

LOVED it! I will definitely try it again next Spring.

Just for reference I am a natural brunette.
I have black hair and I did not have to lighten my hair prior to dying it.

As you can tell my hair color was VERY bright and vibrant.
I have hair that is past my shoulders and had to use two tubes to completely cover all my hair.
The first picture shows right after I colored my hair.The las picture shows my hair after two months of no touch up.

So needless to say the color is semi permanent,but it does last long! The last pic shows my hair after two months of no retouching.First two pics are a week after coloring my hair.
Chanel B.
Arlington
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Magenta more...
WOW! So I had never colored my hair before EVER, and I didn't want to bleach it then dye it because that was too many steps I thought! I wanted my hair a magenta color went to Sally's and found just that! I put this on my hair for around 30 minutes rinsed it out and wow it was literally exactly what J wanted with no complaints! My hair didn't feel like straw my hair wasn't damanged, and another pro it lasted for 2 months! I wash my hair every week and I was too lazy to buy specially "color treated hair products" so I didn't I use my same shampoo and conditioner and my color didn't get stripped or dull no touch ups for 2 whole months! I honestly recommend it! It was the fastest easiest process ever! No toning, bleaching, touch ups, nothing!
Allanah N.
Atco, NJ
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red Fire, L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Copper, L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Copper Red more...
Another top pick of mine! I love these because they’re made specifically for dark hair! One and done! You may need a little bleach soak to get it up, but it does come out of the sink! The washout is super minimal. I only have to retouch my roots every once in a while but very rarely have to dye my whole head.
Shelby D.
Ardmore, OK
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Magenta, L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red more...
I just redyed my hair this color and it’s beautiful!
Just one application is the picture shown! It did amazing! I highly suggest this brand and color range for dark hair females. I’ve done it on virgin and also chemically treated hair. First time I went with this I mixed it with red also and i had Virginia hair and it did amazing as well!
Tamar M.
I have black dyed hair. I want a liitle change and thought about the red highlights at tge bottoms of my hair. will this work on my hair, or do I need to bleach first? ( I wanted to get bright red ombre/highlights)
Daniela L.
Bakersfield, CA
I'm doing my hair as i speak, and it burns a lot!!! Is this normal? It's itchy but burns like if I just spilled boiling water on my scalp and skin. My scalp is really hot , you can feel it. Helppp
Jasmine W.
Winston Salem, NC
I want to try this product but am not rlly too sure as to how it would turn out. We're u guys impressed w the results? I would love to see some pictures if anyone has used this so I can see what the color looks like.
McKenna M.
Does this color fade easily?
Lizeth P.
L'Oréal Paris Excellence HiColor My hair is dark brown almost black will this work on me and how many boxes will I need 🤔