BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #4 in Permanent Hair Color

100% Gray Coverage. Even on stubborn grays. Absolutely gorgeous gray hair coverage. Nourishing hair color.

There’s a reason it’s called Excellence®. Excellence® triple protection means three ways to protect your hair: seals, replenishes and conditions. Exceptional quality now with 5X more conditioner. Rich, radiant, gorgeous color all with Excellence® exclusive non-drip crème. 100% resistant gray coverage. No Haircolor Cares More, Covers More.

Our formulas are modified from time to time, so this ingredient listing may not exactly reflect the ingredients in the product you purchase and use. Always read the ingredient list on the product label before use.

Note:

Below Is The Most Comprehensive Ingredient List For This Product, But Please Note That Ingredients Vary By Shade. Please Check The Box At The Store For An Ingredient List At The Shade Level.

• Propylene Glycol

• Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein
  • 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol
  • Soluble Collagen

L'Oréal Paris Excellence® Creme Hair Color
  • "Great hair color with a natural shine, after it's been used however for 4-6 days after it can leave your hair very oily" in 1 review
  • "Lasts a long time and doesn't smell thankfully!" in 1 review
Rachel B.
Farragut
Purchased at: Walmart
Review for: Other more...
Complete waste of $9. The color smelled so strong it burned my eyes just to be near it! This color didn’t cover hardly anything! I’d say virgin hair might work with this, but honestly the smell of it makes it not worth it at all. L’Oreal has much better color lines that don’t smell bad and actually work. Do not suggest this one at all!
Himali B.
New York
Review for: 1 Black more...
My mom uses this Loreal hair color and she loves this color. She has been using this many years now and even though she has tried few other brands but she keeps going back to thisbfor root touch-ups. Its so easier to use this hair color when you are Coloring your hair home or even for root touch-ups. The usage directions given in the packets are easy to follow. The hair color is really good quality and doesn't dry up or damage hair. The color is shiny and looks quiet look natural. I definitely recommend this hair color.
Noa S.
Raleigh, NC
I use medium brown once a month. I onky buy this brand because I can't find comparable products that is cruelty free.
It covers my grey hair but the roots still look lighter than the rest of the hair, and this is also the part that fades the fastest. The process is easy enough. It does drip though and can get everywhere and if I don't wipe it right away it might be more difficult later. I like the conditioner that I comes in the box because it makes the hair a little less dry and a little more manageable.
Amy P.
Minneapolis, MN
It actually lightens my hair and isn’t warm or brassy- it’s just perfect. This has been my go to color for as long as I can remember. I even have strangers and hair dressers compliment my hair color!
Yina C.
Brooklyn
Review for: 3 Natural Black more...
This my favorite creme hair color i been use since i was 19 year it give you the right color. You cant compare to other cuz is the best. Yes its easy to use you just apply. Yes i will buy again.
Glaidson B.
los angeles
a year ago I painted my hair at home, after the discoloration I applied and L'Oréal Paris Excellence® Creme Hair Color after leaving in the middle 30 minutes I had a great result a perfect blonde hair, the tincture helped my hair stay hydrated and a blond not yellowish . for a long time I had the desired result
Brandy W.
Kirbyville, MO
Review for: 4RM Dark Mahogany Red more...
I like to change my hair up and go red sometimes.  I have previously used Loreal Superior Preference Medium Auburn as my go to red, but I'm having trouble finding it lately.  I decided to try Excellence Crème in Dark Mahogany Red this time.  I love the pre color conditioner.  The color on the box closely resembled Medium Auburn.  I used the touch up method.  I did my roots first and left it on for 20 minutes and then the rest of my hair for only 10 minutes.  I was hopeful. I also LOVE the after color conditioner.  When it rinsed and was still wet I was very disappointed.  My roots looked bright red and the rest of my hair a purple-ish tint.  I cried!  However, once it dried it matched better and looks a lot more normal.  It's not perfect but it's better than I thought.  I'm hoping it fades pretty, as well.
Caroline H.
Beverly Hills, CA
Review for: 7.5A Medium Ash Blonde more...
By far one of the best drugstore hair dyes. Easy to use, not messy/drippy, and won’t leave your hair damaged or dry. Color was even better than I expected and didn’t fade too quickly. Will definitely be using again. (Edit: I actually used  L'Oréal Paris Superior Preference® Hair Color ).
ahleighya s.
powder springs
I honestly do not feel like this color came through for my im sure its because i have dark hair but it made me hair feel and look grundy. I wish i could go back in time and change my mind. Nothing really helped the drying this dye gave to my hair not the conditioner or and contents of the box. Im glad my hair has grown out since then!
Angela H.
Sterling Heights
I use to use L’Oréal preference but I noticed it wasn’t covering my gray hair. I started used the excellence and have not gone back. They have a better applicator and it definitely covers my gray better. The only thing I don’t like is the conditioner that is included. I prefer the conditioner in the preference hair color kit. Better performance and smells better
Shauna E.
Poughkeepsie, NY
I have course hair will this work for me?
Josephine H.
Tempe, AZ
I haver really long hair, do you think one box of this dye will be enough to cover all of it evenly?
Crystal C.
Do you have any tricks or tips that you do when using? (For example putting vaseline around hairline to prevent stains)
Josephine H.
Tempe, AZ
donna t.
Meriden, CT
Does it cover the grey completely?