BY ELVIVE #6 in Leave-In Conditioner

Hair is made of protein. Daily brushing, heat tools, & overworking it can cause dryness & damage. Our Protein Recharge leave-in treatment nourishes with each use to help increase strength, flexibility, and protect against every day damage.97 percent less breakage *vs. non-conditioning shampoo

• How would you describe the scent of this product? I find ...14 Answers
  • Girls qualify for a #ElviveRevive campaign (3 weeks ago),...8 Answers
  • Have you tried this leave in conditioner by L’Oreal Paris...19 Answers
Jamie K.
Aurora, IL
So if, hypothetically speaking, they were looking for someone’s photo to put in the dictionary next to damaged hair… I think I would be a candidate. I’ve been coloring my hair on and off since middle school. My obsession with hair color started with red, and has kind of ended there. While I’ve been almost every color of the rainbow, I’ve consistently been an intense auburn shade of red for almost eight (8) years. Bleach has been a friend a couple of times and, what’s worse, I use box color! ::gasps:: Hey, when you find a red that stays, and you only have to do root touch ups, you kind of just stick with it. ::side eyes Garnier Nutrisse:: Hey Garnier, wanna sponsor me? I’ve been a loyal color user for the last 8 years! Your light intense auburn is my ride or die! Okay, back to the original reason for this post.So Influenster, which is an amazing way to get products sent to you for review, sent me a lovely little package with a hair product to try. It actually came at a great time because I had been wanting to try out some leave in conditioners. I’ve always used oil in my hair after my showers, which has worked for me, but I was ready to try something new. So I got this lovely little package in the mail.

What is it you ask? This is L’Oreal Paris Elvive Total Repair Leave In Conditioner. This little baby is a protein recharge leave in conditioner that is supposed to nourish, increase strength, flexibility, and guard against every day damage. Per L’Oreal Paris’ website, this is how they describe what this product can do.“Hair is made of protein. Daily brushing, heat tools, & overworking it can cause dryness & damage. Our Protein Recharge leave-in treatment nourishes with each use to help increase strength, flexibility, and protect against every day damage. 97 percent less breakage *vs. non-conditioning shampoo.”The info also claimed that you’re supposed to notice a difference in just one use. Of course, I was skeptical of that. Usually hair products take a couple of uses to notice a change, but I was game to give it a go anyway. I would also like to note that this stuff smelled good. I’m picky about the scent of things. So basically, if it smells bad I’m not usually to enthusiastic about using something. Especially when it’s going on something so close to my nose, but this stuff smelled good so it was fine.

After washing my hair I used about a nickel sized amount of the leave in conditioner. I then rubbed it between my hands for easier distribution. While I have a lot of hair, it’s fine, so I have to be really careful about what and where I apply product. So I applied this to the mid section and ends of my damp hair. Unless I’m going somewhere and need dry hair ASAP, I usually just let my hair air dry. In this case, I showered before bed. After applying the leave in conditioner, I ran my brush through my hair. What I did notice is that my brush went right through. My hair is prone to tangles, and I have an undercut which somehow makes the rest of my hair tangle easier. I’m really not sure why, but those are the cards I was dealt with this hairdo. Haha!When I woke up in the morning I was curious to see how my hair was. It felt soft, and getting a brush through it was still super easy. I’ll be honest, I’m always afraid that my hair will look greasy and weighed down when I use new products. I can honestly say my hair felt fantastic. It wasn’t greasy, it wasn’t weighed down, and it actually had some body to it. I was impressed. And to top it off, it still smelled good. Definitely a plus in my book!

Did I notice a difference in one use? Yes. Was it anything earth shattering? No. But I will say that I noticed a good difference from the oil that I was using. I continued to use the leave in conditioner so I could write this review with complete honesty. What also has been nice is, while using this product I did some more coloring on my hair. I still have my red hair, but with light violet roots. I feel like this conditioner has helped protect my hair from some of the punishment I put it through, haha! I will honestly say, I like this product. I haven’t touched the oil I was using since I got this stuff. I like that it doesn’t weigh down my hair. I also have frizzier hair, which is one of the reasons I started to use oil. Frizz isn’t fun, and in the winter time it’s out of control with the heat on and dry air.So to answer your question, yes I’d use this product again. When it runs out I do intend on purchasing it. It’s totally replaced my oil. There is also a whole system that goes with this line that I’m interested in testing out. So if you have damaged hair like I do, and are looking for an affordable and good leave in conditioner, I’d say give L’Oreal Paris’ Elvive Total Repair Leave In Conditioner a try. It retails on L’Oreal Paris’ website for $6.99, but you can find it at most Targets & WalMarts for about a dollar cheaper. I think they even carry it at some Walgreens locations, but it is an in-store item only and you can’t purchase it on their website.
Julie D.
This product gets a light four stars from me.  I have fine hair and have to be careful about what I put in it, because it can make it look greasy or weigh it down.  I can use this product, but not as directed, which I'll explain later.  I'll go on into my pros and cons!

I love the smell!  It does smell like a hair product but in a nice way.  Even the next morning, when I'm sweating through a workout, I can smell the scent return, which I love.  The biggest pro for me was unexpected.  The first time I dried my hair with the product in, I found that it made my hair look and feel thicker and more voluminous, which is something I'm always looking for in a product.  I don't think the packaging mentioned that so it was a pleasant surprise!

I can't say I see a load of difference when I let my hair air dry after using this product.  The biggest difference I can feel is that it takes away any tangles.  I can easily run my fingers through my hair after applying this.

I apply it by using about the size of a nickle in my palm, rubbing my hands together to spread it out into wet hair, and then only applying to the ends of my hair, including the back and underneath.  I can't apply it to the roots or it'll be greasy looking.  I usually get a tiny bit on the hair that frames my face but it's easy to put too much and then you're left with it looking unclean the rest of the day, so using the right amount is key.

I'll probably buy this product again, as long as it keeps making my hair look better when I dry it with the dryer.  I'll have to use it a little longer to see if it actually protects against damage, but overall, I like the product!
Christine D.
Suffolk, VA
My husband and I both tried this product.  I have damaged hair from years of color processing and he has damaged hair due to short baby fine hair with constantly wearing a hat or beanie it's always breaking.  Our opinion of this product was that the smell is amazing!!  My opinion as far as how it did on my hair is as follows.  The ends of my hair did great with this product it moisturized and revitalized them so they were smooth and sleek.  The hair near my roots not so much I'm thinking due to that hair being healthier it actually left it feeling a bit greasy towards the end of a day.  With that being said I did notice if I applied heat (blow dryer or hot rollers) I did not experience any greasiness.  It added volume and made my hair look and feel replenished.  My husband did not have any problems as far as greasiness.  He would put a dab in every am after his shower and his hair looks fuller and healthier than it ever has.  We love this product so much every time the tube is low it hits the list of re-stock!!
Sabeena R.
Houston , TX
I received this product complementary from Influenster and I have been trying it out for the last 2 weeks. I have “virgin” hair that has never been color treated but my hair naturally is coarse, thick, and very wavy. After I recently had my baby my hair has really taken a toll for the worse. It has become very dry, frail, and lifeless. I usually wash my hair 2-3x/week and use shampoo and conditioner. I normally let it dry naturally then straighten/curl because it gets so frizzy. After using this product, my hair felt healthy, shiny, and voluminous. I like that the product itself is lightweight yet very moisturizing to my hair. I love that it also has a heat protectant because I tend to use heating tools so frequently and my ends get fried! Overall I would purchase this product again and use it on the daily!
Melissa S.
Elive Total Repair 5 Protein Recharge is a leave-in conditioner to protect hair from every day damage and leave hair feeling soft. Finding a good leave-in conditioner that doesn't weigh down my hair hasn't been easy. Elive Protein Recharge contains sweet almond oil and sweet almond fruit extract. The conditioner in the tube has a light scent of that almond, it isn't overwhelming. I'll use it this week and will find out how soft my hair feels afterwards.
Update: I used it that night, about a quarter sized drop. My brush went through my hair easily after I rubbed Elive Protein Recharge  though the bottom half of my hair. I left it alone until it air dried and then brushed it once again. My hair was so soft but, not weighed down. The tube is in my drawer next to my brush so I can reach for it after each shower. I'm impressed. And the scent is important to me. As someone with migraines, a heavy scent is a no-no. Elive Protein Recharge isn't like a perfume. A loved one would have to lean in to smell it in your hair - that's a good thing.

#EliveRevive #proofin1Use #influenster #complementary #loreal #AlmondOil #EliveTotalRepair
Makayla B.
Norman, OK
This product is actually really nice. I usually make my own protein mask when I feel like I need to do a treatment and this is a great alternative to that. The fact that I could just slide it into my hair routine was something that I really liked. The only downside to this product is that if you use too much your hair will not appreciate it. When I used it the first time I think I might have used too much so my curls were really separated and crunchy and I didn’t enjoy that at all. However, after a wash and deep condition a few weeks later I tried it again and I loved it, it was exactly what my hair needed. It restored strength, shine, and moisture. I’ll defini continue using this product and I would recommend it to all my curly girls out there. It may not be the best product for everyone, but trying it won’t hurt and it may surprise you! L'Oreal Paris Elvive Total Repair 5 Protein Recharge Leave In Conditioner 5.1 fl. oz. Tube
Vanessa J.
Clintwood, VA
I’m in heaven with L’Oréal’s Elvive Cream leave in conditioner! I’ve searched everywhere for a leave in conditioner that was like the kind my mom keep in her beauty shop! I just couldn’t find anything to match it! When @Influenster sent me the Elvive in a free #voxbox I thought please let this work !!!! Did it ever! I saw results from the first use, I was shocked! I could comb though my hair with no problems, or revitalizes my hair, I was have a lot of breakage and so much hair coming out! My hair was all over my house literally had to cut it out of the Vacuum weekly!😫 the first time I used it my hair stopped doing that! I highly recommend this product!! It’s been a lifesaver, I’m going to buy their whole line! Shampoo, Conitioner, the leave in conditioner will always be in my hair care collection now, anything else they have in Elvive I’m trying! Thank you so much Influenster for sending me this one! #lorealhair is amazing!!!
Nicolette D.
Downey
Let us start with my hair...It has been color treated for so long that it is hard to tell what the natural color is. It is also very thick. On top of that I receive medical infusions every 6 months the medication makes it way out of my pores into my hair making top at times greasy and the bottom very dry. I had been washing it more often than usual and that was in turn making the ends drier.

This product was a God send!

First it smells lovely. That is so important in a hair product because you have it so close to your face all day. Secondly the small amount that you need to use makes it such a great value. Thirdly it does exactly what it says it is going to. It makes your hair softer and more manageable right from the first time that you try it. I was able to run my fingers from the center to the ends without it separating and coming out in chunks. In addition it brought my curls back! Which is amazing. Now I am able to let my hair air dry and the body is still there.  I have a wave within my hair and the dryer it is the more that I have just separation within my hair and it just looks all fly away and broken. With this product it dries without heat manipulation (hair dyer, curler, flat iron) and looks like a natural beach wave.

In short I love this stuff!
Megan B.
Waukesha, WI
I honestly wasn't expecting much from this product as most of the hair care products I've tried all seem to work pretty much the same and don't seem to make that much of an impact regardless if it's a $5 product or a $35 product. However this has become one of my favorite hair care products and a permanent staple in my collection. After showering I scrunch my hair with an old shirt (it cuts down on frizz) to dry it, apply this product, and then wrap my hair up in the shirt for anywhere from 20 minutes to a couple of hours (it's called 'plopping' - look it up and try it, it works wonders for wavy/curly hair!) and then proceed to let it air dry. This product is amazing, it's replaced the majority of my hair care products I was previously using. It leaves my hair soft and silky. In the 30 days I've been using it there has been a noticeable difference, my hair is stronger, softer, and more lustrous. It also smells great, not too overpowering. I received my first bottle free from Influenster and loved it so much I went out and bought two more bottles. I've also purchased the total repair shampoo/conditioner from the new Elvive line and am very satisfied with those as well.
Devon U.
I received this complimentary product from Influenster. Overall I really enjoyed this product, but there were a few really stand out features. First, the Elvive Total Repair was light weight. It can be difficult to find a product that provides moisture without being too heavy. I really enjoyed how my hair still felt light, but softer and less frizzy. Secondly, I enjoyed the smell of the product. It wasn't too overpowering or perfume-y, but did have a nice scent. I liked that the ingredients included almond, but the one draw back was the extensive list of other unpronounceable ingredients. I try to stay away from products with such a cocktail of additives. I'm glad I tried it though and I will continue to do so. Lastly (and probably most importantly) after using it consistently I feel a difference in my hair. My hair feels stronger and less damaged.
Marla P.
Woburn, MA
How often do you use this product? Say, if you shampoo your hair four times a week, how often do you add this product as your leave-in conditioner?
Ana O.
[product:l'oreal-paris-elvive-total-repair-5-protein-recharge-leave-in-conditioner-5.1-fl.-oz.-tube] wil this still work if i use it with my hair dry? Or just when its still wet?
Margarita F.
Rochester , NY
Have you tried this leave in conditioner by L’Oreal Paris? what do you think about this product, do you like it? L'Oreal Paris Elvive Total Repair 5 Protein Recharge Leave In Conditioner 5.1 fl. oz. Tube
Leslie S.
[product:l'oreal-paris-elvive-total-repair-5-protein-recharge-leave-in-conditioner-5.1-fl.-oz.-tube] How much does this work as a heat protectant?
Lauren E.
Tempe, AZ
How would you describe the scent of this product? I find it quite nice.