BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #14 in Face Masks

Transform Skin in Just 10 Minutes. 3 Pure Clays and Charcoal. For Dull and Tired-looking Skin.

Indulgent. Transformative. Perfectly Clean. L’Oréal Paris Skin Experts have created a super-charged pure clay mask with the power and benefits of Charcoal to detoxify and illuminate your skin in just 10 minutes. Our indulgent and powerful formula for this detox face mask provides a luxurious experience while potent pure clays and charcoal act like a magnet to clean out pores and draw-out and capture deep impurities (such as dirt, oil, and pollution). This creamy, non-drying formula leaves skin feeling clean, velvety, and rebalanced. Detox and Brighten Pure-Clay Mask addresses your dull, tired skin to reveal a purified, even, and radiant complexion. Immediately, skin looks brighter with a healthy glow. Deep pore cleansing–dirt, dust and pollution are removed from skin. Skin’s complexion looks fresher and more even. Use After Use, skin is clean as if detoxified. Skin feels as though it can breathe better. Skin is healthy looking and more beautiful.

• Has anyone tried this? What was your experience?15 Answers
  • Is dis suitable for all.skin types???3 Answers
  • Has anyone used this and the glamglow mud mask? I'm wondering if ...1 Answers
Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.
This product is by far my favorite of the L'Oreal Pure Clay mask collection because it left my skin feeling incredibly smooth and soft to the touch. The application process can be kind of messy, but I promise the end results are worth it. To be completely honest, when I first opened the container, my first thought was that I probably wouldn't be a fan because the texture and consistency reminded me a lot of paint. But once I got past that I really fell in love with it. The mask is simple and easy to apply because it's thick and spreads evenly, so there's no guessing if you've missed a spot, but I would definitely suggest a headband or hair clip to keep your hair out of the way. You don't want this mask drying into a hard clump in your hair, especially if your hair is longer than shoulder-length. (Speaking from experience).

During the fifteen minutes after it's applied, once it starts to dry you'll notice right away how it makes your skin feel tight. You can also tell when it's completely hardened because the color turns into a light grey coating. The most challenging part for me was removing the mask, and it took a good fifteen minutes or so before I finally had it all washed away from my face (and hair). But once you feel how soft and supple your skin is afterwards, you'll be SO glad you tried it. My pores have a tendency to become clogged with oil, especially on my nose and cheeks, which can lead to breakouts, but you can really tell how the charcoal in this mask draws out the impurities in your skin. The fragrance isn't too powerful or overwhelming either, and that is an added bonus, especially if you're like me and you have a problem with heavily scented products aggravating your allergies. I would recommend this product to anyone, and even though I have no doubt that it will become a staple in my beauty regime.
Hannah V.
Hannah V.
Berwyn, PA
This is a really nice mask if you have oily or acne-prone skin. I purchased it hoping it would be similar to the GlamGlow Super Clearing Treatment. While this isn't like the GlamGlow mask (except for the color), I think this is a nice clay mask. I use it when I'm feeling a breakout coming on and it really helps to reduce the intensity of my blemishes. It seems to draw out the gunk in my pores and leave my face feeling soft and clean without over drying my skin. The consistency is very very smooth and creamy. A little bit goes a long way. I prefer to apply a thin layer since that dries faster and its easier to rinse off. I tend to have very sensitive skin that gets really red and blotchy if a product irritates it. I've used this mask 3 or 4 times and it hasn't caused any irritation. The only downside is the smell: its STRONG. The fragrance isn't necessarily a bad smell, it is just really intense and kind of reminds me of men's deodorant or cologne which is weird for a clay mask. If you are sensitive to strong smells, I might not recommend this mask, but for a mask under $15 I can get past the smell. I would definitely recommend it!
Jade Y.
Jade Y.
MOUNT WOLF, PA
This mask is personally one of my favorites because there are no difficulties with applying the mask on your face. You easily just glide it onto your face. That's how smooth the mask is. This mask has 3 pure clays and charcoal. The charcoal acts like a magnet drawing out all the impurities which is basically dirt, dust, and pollution. Also, the 3 different clays are Kaolinite, Montmorillonite and Ghassoul. Once you apply the mask, wait about 10-15 minutes before rinsing or scrubbing it with water. You will automatically see the result in your face. Your skin will look brighter with a healthy glow, impurities are perfectly removed, skin tone looks more even and skin looks smoothr. You would use this 3 times a week for the best results. If you used it 3 times a week, you will notice that your skin is clean as if it is detoxified, healthy looking and breathes better. Overall is you want this to address you skin concerns for a purified, even and radiant complexion. I would suggest this for you because it gives the best results after your first use. Also, I would like to thank L'Oreal for letting me try out this product for free.
Monica M.
Monica M.
Houston , TX
First off, I tried the L'Oréal pure-clay mask detox and brighten, and I immediately got a strong odor. The mask smells like men's cologne, but honestly in a very good way. It was a little overpowering at first, but I soon got used to the smell. It makes your face feel really tight when it first starts to set, but it doesn't feel uncomfortable or overly drying. At first I went a little heavy on the amount I put on, a little goes a long way. It was very difficult to get the clay mask off and I had to keep wiping away. However, the pure-clay mask did its job! I felt like I had bloatchy areas and my skin looked a little dry and worn down. After just two uses my face felt more refreshed and smoothe to the touch. I felt like that patchy, blothcyness is starting to even out and my skin color seems a little more even. If this is the result of just two uses of the detox and brighten L'Oréal pure clay mask, I cannot wait to see the difference in my face after multiple uses! I will definitely be buzzing about these clay masks. Tomorrow I'm giving the purify and matify mask a try.
Chandria B.
Chandria B.
Huntington, WV
The packaging is beautiful. Very high-end looking with a very heavy glass jar. However, the amount of product inside is honestly a little disappointing for the price tag. There are much cheaper masks (I'm talking $2-3 vs this ones $12) that give you many more uses. The smell is a little earthy, but it's not that strong and I actually like it. It also fades as it drys. I really like that it goes from a deep deep gray to a light gray when it's dry so you can tell what spots aren't dry. It also dries pretty quickly if you apply a thin layer as it instructs. It makes your skin feel tight as it dries, but that's not too shocking for a mask meant to draw the crap out of your pores. Once it's fully dry, you can actually see the circles of oil it's pulling from your pores on the oiliest parts of your face, which is super cool. It removes pretty easily by rewetting the clay and gently rubbing off with a washcloth. This made my skin red directly afterwards, but didn't break me out.
Kristen W.
Kristen W.
Griffin, GA
I am a mask junkie. Especially when it comes to mud masks because I have oily skin that is acne prone. Prior to this one, I was obsessed with the Borghese Fango Active Mud Mask. But this L'Oreal clay mask is something else. First of all, it spreads across the skin a thousand times more easily than any other mask. Secondly, it dries faster so I am not waiting around for nearly an hour. Thirdly, you actually see it cleaning out your pores. I knew I had lots of pores on my nose and cheek, but I never realized they were so clogged. After rinsing with warm water, my skin feels (and looks) squeaky clean and smooth. My pores actually appear smaller and the blackheads practically jump out on their own. It does have a fragrance, but it doesn't bother me. However, if you are sensitive to scents, be careful. Because my skin is oily, I use it two to three times a week with no problems. If you are drier, once a week should be just fine. I absolutely recommend trying it out.
Kirby M.
Kirby M.
Eugene, OR
I had such drastic results after one use, I almost cried because I was so happy. I've dropped easily $1k on skincare in the past year with no improvement, and then I tried this because it had so many positive reviews. I have had dark sebaceous filaments/blackheads on/around my nose for years, and nothing worked on them.

The texture of the mask is incredibly smooth, so I was able to apply a pretty thin, even layer. I've used many different clay masks through the years, and they're usually kinda bumpy and chunky so they apply unevenly. As the mask dried, I could actually see the excess oil being drawn out of my pores. After washing the product off, the clogged pores that I had been so self-conscious of for so long, were completely clear. I couldn't believe my eyes! I wish I'd taken before and after pictures, but I wasn't expecting such immediate results. My skin finally looks clean and clear. I'm a convert for life.
Sara Z.
Sara Z.
Phoenix, AZ
Just bought this product while I was grocery shopping today, needed something for my pores and was hoping to kind of just give a random one at the grocery store a go. I heard the clay masks were the way to go, so I kind of just went with it and in 1 use I literally noticed a huge difference. I kind of walked into this a little bit cynical because of the claims on the back, but I'm not even joking, every single result that they stated on the back, was absolutely true. My skin looks brighter with a healthy glow, it took away some of my redness, it completely pulled the stuff out of my pores, there was literally nothing left in them. I noticed a huge difference in the size of my pores after 1 use. My skin feels smoothr, like it can breathe more. And this is literally everything on the back of the box. This is actually the best face mask I've ever used and I was just blown out of the water surprised.
Rebecca S.
Rebecca S.
Brownsboro , TX
My poor sensitive would like to take this moment to say OUCH. I was really looking forward to this mask, as I had heard such wonderful things about it. The best thing I can say is that. in my opinion, it is a perfect drugstore dupe for GlamGlow Super Mud, which also irritated my skin. In all fairness, I have to say that my sister also used this mask at the same time and had no problems - her normal/dry skin was fabulous and glowing.

However, his mask left my sensitive combination skin red and angry (not too surprising as it does contain kaolin, redness is to be expected), but it was also itchy after thoroughly rinsing and moisturizing. It does have quite a strong, but not unpleasant, smell; very floral. I can say that my pores were very clean afterwards.

Also, expect a small breakout after your first use; the charcoal and kaolin pulls all the yuck to the surface.
Jazmin W.
Jazmin W.
This is a great detoxifying face mask. It comes in a very nice glass tub with a lot of product. It smells great, kind of perfumy, and it has a smooth, creamy consistency. It also applies very smoothly and evenly, like a thick paint. When it starts to really dry on your skin, it gets really tight, tighter than any mask I have tried and it gives a slight tingling sensation. The tingling sensation feels like it is detoxing my face and removing impurities. It is easier to remove than I expected but since it is a clay it gets a little messy, but it is easy to wipe up without leaving any residue. This mask leaves my skin feeling soft, super refreshed, and I notice a slight brightening effect as my skin looks less dull and more alive. I am also glad it didn't irritate my slightly sensitive skin.

I received this item in exchange for my own, honest opinion from L'Oreal.
Shan S.
Shan S.
Spain
How many times a week can this be used? Xx
Melissa S.
Melissa S.
Has anyone tried this? What was your experience?
Cari R.
Cari R.
Mc Donald, PA
Which of the 3 masks would you recommend for normal/dry skin?
Catherine M.
Catherine M.
Nashville, Tennessee
What affects do clay masks have on your skin?
Carly C.
Carly C.
Arlington, VA
Is this any good? I've been thinking of trying it, but not sure if it's actually worth it.