Add a Photo
L'Oréal Paris Colorista Semi-Permanent Hair Color for Light Blonde or Bleached Hair

By L'ORÉAL PARIS
#17 in Hair Color

L'Oréal Paris Colorista Semi Permanent Hair Color allows you to play with COLOR YOUR WAY. Go all out or flirt with color by customizing your look and transforming your style. Colorista has 7 bright shades designed for light blonde/bleached hair and 4 shades with a hint of color designed for brunettes, no bleach required. Mix it up and try the #ClearMixer to create your own custom pastels. Colorista fades in 4-10 shampoos so you can wash it out and play again!

Important: Hair color and bleaches contain ingredients which may cause allergic and/or other types of reactions. A skin allergy test is required 48 hours before each use of a hair color product. Bleaches contain persulfates. Bleaches and high-lift hair color shades cannot be used on relaxed hair; for other hair color shades, wait at least 14 days after bleaching, relaxing or perming before coloring. This is a safety summary. Read all product labeling and instructions completely prior to use.

Apply color to desired sections of hair. Wait 15-30 minutes. Rinse and style as usual. Always refer to accompanying directions for specific instructions.

AQUA / WATER / EAU

Photos (64)
Cassidy W.
Cassidy W.
Concord, CA

I love this stuff!! I had bleached hair for a while and then currently brown hair that was starting to wash off so I'll say it was a light brown color. I was a little nervous because I used the shade indigo, which is for light hair only. I used two packages because I have longish and thick hair. On the outside of the box it says to use on fully dry hair and the inside says towel dry hair (so I tried one box of each) and it was a lot easier and more pigmented when I used it on dry hair! I left it on a little extra, about 40 mins and it's sooo pretty. It rubbed off a little on my hand when I was blow drying it but I haven't noticed the color rubbing off on my clothes are anything. Overall love this product and would definitely recommend it! Looks dark blue inside and purple in outside light. I included a photo of my hair before for reference!

UPDATE: I've had this product in my hair for over a month and it has faded to a really pretty teal color. I was my hair every few days but it has definitely been more than 8 washes. If you want it to wash out faster I know they have a shampoo that helps it remove/fade faster. It did wash out of my roots faster because they are a lot darker, but it has stayed in the blonde parts for a long time! The first photo is the current color after 5 weeks.
Mandy M.
Mandy M.
Colorado Springs, CO

I really like this Colorista hair dye, I have tried every brand of fashion colors and this ranks up with the top brands. What I love - This dye has a great consistency, it's not super thick which can be very difficult to apply, it's more of a conditioner consistency. Applying it was easy, there was no discernable scent which was great. I left it on my level 9 bleached hair for 30 minutes and one thing that really surprised me was when I was rinsing there was almost no color loss. I've never rinsed a fashion color and had the water run nearly clear the whole time. My hair is soft, maybe a little more conditioned than before applying the color. The pink was very true to tone, sometimes when I apply colors to my blonde hair the colors can be off. It turned out a very pretty dusty rose shade since my hair is not a white blonde. I'm very curious how long the pink will last and how the color will change as it fades.
The only thing I didn't like is the brush that was included in the kit, the bristles were too far apart and for my thick hair it just didn't work. Maybe if you're going for streaks that brush will work but I was going for an all over color.
Bri R.
Bri R.

UPDATE: This really does wash out after 3-4 washes. This is a great alternative to try a color before you use a semi-permanent.

I love this dye! I used the softpink300. I can't say how long it, but it was only on my hair for fourty minutes (total from start of process to wash out) and the pigment is great! I have bra length hair and a lot of it and the 4oz bottle was not enough, my hair has blonde and pink tones, which was my desired effect. I stretched the contents because I only had the one bottle (tip: cut open bottle because there was quite a bit that didn't come out).

Pros: pigmented, smell is tolerable, pretty color, color match was good, very easy to spread on hair, does not dye skin, hydrates the hair and leaves it silky and smooth
Cons: needing more than one bottle can get pricey ($10/ bottle), need to cut open bottle to access all product

The before and after photo included is in the same location with only natural lighting. The goofy photo depicts what it looks like completely dry and in sunlight.
Courtney D.
Courtney D.
Estero, FL

This is on my old bleached hair when I got it professionally done around 4 months ago. I had major roots and did not want to redye them, so I decided to go for an ombré look. I used the shade purple400 and the clear mixer. I started off with a 2:1 purple/clear ratio but soon after added more of both. I kept this on for around 45 minutes unlike the 30 minutes the package states. It took awhile to wash out initially. After blow drying my hair, I am shocked. All I saw were negative reviews, but mine has nothing negative!
Update: Took around 2 weeks of washing my hair everyday and most of the color still wasn't out. After a month or so it fully faded. Picture is about 2 weeks of fade.
Nina B.
Nina B.

I'm mixed/ bi-racial, which means I have very curly natural course hair. I have never ever dyed my hair before. So I was very nervous to use the bleach but I'm getting older and I wanted an ombré effect. So I had picked up the L'Oreal Colorista bleach kit. My mom and I did it together. We of course only did the tips (I attached a picture of the color on me with semi-straight hair and my natural hair) it is easy to use. The color is not as ombré blonde as I expected but I like this color way more because it contrasts with my hair. I highly recommend it for beginners or those of you with virgin hair. Trust me you won't regret it
Isabella G.
Isabella G.

Siempre quise tener el cabello de un color diferente como el azul, pero tenía miedo ya que muchos tintes maltratan el cabello y desde que probé este producto me encanta por qué es una gran alternativa, es muy sencillo de usar lo único malo es que veo que es muy caro y aún así lo volvería a comprar por qué vale la pena

I always wanted to have hair of a different color like blue, but I was scared since many dyes mistreat the hair and since I tried this product I love why it is a great alternative, it is very simple to use the only bad thing is that I see that It is very expensive and I would still buy it for what it's worth
Sarah V.
Sarah V.
Cincinnati, OH

I decided to try this product because I wanted to do something fun to my hair that wasn't permanent and would be hard to get out. This dye says it lasts 4-8 washes but after 1 wash it faded a lot and I have a feeling after the 3rd wash it will be completely gone. I think it's pretty pricey ($10) for a dye that doesn't last. You definitely need to have light blonde hair for this product to show up. I absolutely love the color right after I did it but I'm disappointed at how fast it's coming out. I got it in purple too which I will still try out to give me an idea for a permanent color in the future.
Danielle B.
Danielle B.
Tiffin, OH

Well first i will say im new to doing anything like this and I don't have any real pics of myself (love being behind the camera. Anyways I have absolutely nothing but good experiences with all L'Oréal products but especially the hair dyes. I used the color purple cause its my fav color and it lasted way longer then 8 washes which was awesome since I fell in love with the color it even faded out real pretty til it was pretty much out. I have really thick hair so I used 2 boxes but all and all I would really tell anyone to for sure try it.
Callie O.
Callie O.
Judsonia, AR

I have used the peach and soft pink together several times. I bleached my dark hair first and mixed the soft pink and peach on my hair. I don't shampoo a lot bc I use dry shampoo so I had to touch it up every 2 Weeks. It would be very faded after about 4-5 washes. The best part about colorista is the colors turned out gorgeous on my hair which is like I said bleached and it is very easy to apply. The next time I had to bleach my roots, I put the pink and peach on in sections instead of mixing the them around and I love it even more.
Amanda C.
Amanda C.

This works and it works well-but semi permanent is a stretch at best when u r a blonde. I allowed my daughter to choose pink-she was 4 but it was summer time. Why not? We dip died the very tips of her hair and it was beautiful-although the pastel pink is darker than the box states. At any rate-she still had pink hair by the end of summer. It washed out quite a bit but her hair was strawberry blonde on the bottom. Definitely worth it as long as u realize it stains your hair and the stains won't come out!
Noemi F.
Noemi F.
Baldwin Park , CA

So this won't have the same effect on brown hair?
Ivanna B.
Ivanna B.

Does it still show with darker hair?
Iris R.
Iris R.
Brooklyn, NY

Are these permanent?
Marissa A.
Marissa A.

How does this work on dark hair?
Tammy M.
Tammy M.
Rncho Cordova, CA

I wanna try these but i have dark hair