BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #4 in Semi-Permanent Hair Color

No mix. No ammonia. Semi Permanent Hair Color. 7 shades for bleached/light blonde hair. 4 shades for brunettes who don’t want to bleach.

L'Oréal Paris Colorista Semi Permanent Hair Color allows you to play with COLOR YOUR WAY. Go all out or flirt with color by customizing your look and transforming your style. Colorista has 7 bright shades designed for light blonde/bleached hair and 4 shades with a hint of color designed for brunettes, no bleach required. Mix it up and try the #ClearMixer to create your own custom pastels. Colorista fades in 4-10 shampoos so you can wash it out and play again!

Important:

Hair color and bleaches contain ingredients which may cause allergic and/or other types of reactions. A skin allergy test is required 48 hours before each use of a hair color product. Bleaches contain persulfates. Bleaches and high-lift hair color shades cannot be used on relaxed hair; for other hair color shades, wait at least 14 days after bleaching, relaxing or perming before coloring. This is a safety summary. Read all product labeling and instructions completely prior to use.

• Aqua / Water / EAU

• My hair is brown right now but I want to make a change .....1 Answers
  • I'm dying my hair blue and was wondering how L'Oréal Pari...2 Answers
Alisha D.
Battle Creek, MI
Review for: SoftPink more...
I found this Semi permanent hair dye while searching for a dependable hair dye in the color of Rose Gold and saw countless positive reviews & YouTube reviews/demos for Loreal Colorista dye's. So, I stopped by Target to pick up a box so I could change up my hair, & for some reason online it said they stocked the Rose Gold shade in store but when I got there they didn't have it so I ended up buying the Soft Pink color for light blonde hair. I didn't mind the price of $9.99, it's pretty decent for a hair dye. Later that night I debated doing a Ombre effect or streaks/highlights with the Soft Pink color & ended up doing streaks all thru out my hair. The box comes with a tube of the hair dye (no mixing) 6 black gloves, & a bristle comb to apply it to your hair. When applying this to streaks of my hair I REALLY liked that I could apply this with my fingers and let down a section of hair over it and it doesn't bleed through and leave blotches of the pink all over. The formula was thick and almost gel like to keep it only on the strains of hair I wanted colored. The only issues I had with it was the gloves I know they are always kind a one size fits all and I don't like how they keep pushing out passed my finger tips so I ended up ditching the gloves and applied this with bare hands because I didn't want to mess it up because of having to keep adjusting the gloves. The other issue was with the dye itself, when applying it to my hair it kept getting sticky on my fingers leaving little blobs of dye kind of the consistency of glue that's almost all the way dry. I really don't see this as an issue that really effected my hair, just kind of annoying to keep stopping to wipe it off my hands. Before I used this dye, I dyed my hair light blonde to ensure that the pink would show up (before dying it all blonde my hair had a lot of bleach blonde highlights, & my roots and the underneath were light brown) which helped the pink show up rather well in my hair. The shades that the Loreal Colorista come in can show up in different shades of the color you pick which is normal with any hair dye. Mine didn't show up as a light soft pink, more of a dark pink & I'm completely satisfied with this color since the color I originally wanted was Rose Gold! Since this is a Semi Permanent hair dye it's only supposed to last 4-8 washes. I wish Loreal would come out with permanent Colorista shades, I'm very happy with the color I ended up with & how easy the application was. And I only had to use half of the tube I got so when the dye starts to fade I plan on doing my hair the same way again. Getting 2 uses isn't bad especially for the price! ❤
eden l.
Brentwood
Review for: Red more...
i expected this product to fade wuickly, so i washed my hair in cold water every day. eith that said this product, that was supposed to last a couple weeks, wouldnt come out even after 3 months. i had to use Color Oops Hair Color Remover to try to get rid of it, and even that didnt completely work. i ended up dying it a very dark brown over it and that mostly covered it. i wouldnt mind that it stayed for so long other than the fact that it bled a little every time i would wash it, and color would stain my towel every time, even after i had died the brown over it. This product is awesome, but know it will stay around for a long time if you take care of it well! (first photo is day of dying it, second is 2 months later, snd third is my original hair color
Shannon C.
Cumberland, RI
I bought the indigo,and being blonde it came out beautiful. .I got so many comokiments...the only thing is that when it started to fade...it turned into this awful aqua teal kinda yucky color, I used song vitamin c tablets and dawn dish soap ( literally the only thing that will take blue dye out of hair) I also mixed the dye with coconut conditioned,its pretty oigmented and you can name it go pretty far.
Myah A.
Review for: Burgundy more...
This was not one of my favorite semi permanent hair dyes. Although it was affordable it did not work that well for me. It didn't take well or last long. I don't know if it was because I have brown hair or my hair was too thick but it just did not do the job for me. But I have died over my brown hair before and it was super pigmented so I'm thinking it was the brand. I wouldn't say I don't recommend this because it may work for others. i personally will not be purchasing this again.
Melissa B.
Columbia, TN
Review for: SoftPink, Pink, Peach more...
I love how Colorista works. Very easy to use. No fear of commitment. Use gloves, saturate the area you want to show color and give it a half hour. Rinse, condition and style. I have used the peach, magenta and pink. I felt these colors were pretty never garish and lend themselves to complimenting your makeup in rosy and peach hues. L'Oréal Paris Colorista Semi-Permanent Hair ColorYou can even soften the look by adding different colors in streaks. I wanted the rose gold effect so I did not bleach out the blonde. The one draw back I found was trying to go back to my champagne dyed hair color. Maybe my hair was too dry or I used the product so much and for so long. I was pink. Eventually, I had a concert that I needed more serious hair for and had to dye it back to blonde. Maybe if I gave it more time it would have come out. I am in love with this product and have more unopened stashed again for when inspiration strikes. L'Oréal Paris Colorista Semi-Permanent Hair Color
Ally 🌻.
This is a semi-permanent hair dye. The box reads that it should take no more then 10 washes to come out. I dyed my hair in October, 2017. It is now February, 2018 and my hair still hasn't returned to its natural color. Comparing the length to the roots leaves a considerable difference. My hair is naturally medium brown and I used the red meant for light brown hair. As you can see, there are 3 distinct colors of hair. The color was beautiful at first, but it doesn't leave. They make a certain shampoo to get rid of it, but I shouldn't have to buy another product to get rid of a supposed temporary dye.
Kendall N.
Review for: Blue more...
If I could rate this product zero stars, I would. DO NOT USE THIS IF YOU HAVE LIGHT BLONDE HAIR! It will stain it a nasty green color and will NOT wash out in the 5-7 washes like the box says! I had to visit a salon and pay hundreds of dollars to have the green tint bleached out and now my hair is damaged. It says it is designed for light blonde and bleached hair which is a lie! Only after I discovered that the color was not washing out did I find reviews saying that the color can last for up to SIX MONTHS! This should honestly be taken off the market.
Crissy L.
[product:l'oréal-paris-colorista-semi-permanent-hair-color-for-brown-hair] claims to be for brunettes who don't wish to bleach their hair, so I thought it would be excellent for my two TEEN daughter's they both have brow hair of course so we tried teal and the burgundy. For dark brown hair it did nothing at all couldn't really see the color at all she used the teal color. My other daughter's has just a tad bit lighter hair you could see the burgundy color. Their natural hair color is pretty much the same so I'm not to sure why the teal didn't show.
Laura R.
Willow Grove
I love this product!!!! I purchased it because I wanted a few streaks of pink in my hair.  I went to my salon and my hair dresser told me to purchase it.  She told me it would be more cost effective for me to do it at home rather than to have her do it.  She was right.  It lasted for the time I needed and didn't damage my hair.  This product offers a variety of colors as well.  You only need a little bit.  You def. get your $$ worth.  You'll love it!
Yolexis C.
Review for: SoftPink more...
So I tried this thinking my hair was going to be completely pink! Boy was I wrong but actually relieved. My hair is bleached and the color seems to pop a little. A lot of people told me it looked like a rose gold on my hair. After washing it once, the color faded. It’s a pretty good product if you’re fearful in committing to an outrageous color. Cheap and nice to use.
maya s.
I have black hair and I'm wondering if it would be a bad idea to use a temporary dye to make some of my hair light brown and then use a blue dye on top of it..
Elise R.
Does this product come out of your hair completely after time? Im blonde and I've used semi-permanent dyes before and they have stayed in my hair for months and I've had To bleach my hair to get rid of the colour.
Cynthia A.
How does this color work on dark hair?
Nayeli P.
Flushing, NY
Since I have black hair would I have to bleach my hair in order for the color to show?
Ivanna B.
Does it still show with darker hair?