BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #5 in Hair Bleach & Lighteners

Customizable looks: all over, ombré, or highlights. DIY looks inspired by the pros. Use with Colorista Semi-Permanent Color.

L'Oréal Paris Colorista Hair Bleach lets you lighten all over, get gorgeous highlights, or create an ombre effect to customize your unique Colorista look. Bleach hair at home before you decide to color. Once your strands are lightened, get ready to play with Colorista Semi-Permanent Color! Bleach hair at home before coloring.

Important:

Hair color and bleaches contain ingredients which may cause allergic and/or other types of reactions. A skin allergy test is required 48 hours before each use of a hair color product. Bleaches contain persulfates. Bleaches and high-lift hair color shades cannot be used on relaxed hair; for other hair color shades, wait at least 14 days after bleaching, relaxing or perming before coloring. This is a safety summary. Read all product labeling and instructions completely prior to use.

Developer Ingredients:

• Sodium Hydroxide

Buy on Jet.com*
Cyn s.
fernandina
Where to begin? I’ve colored my hair for years. As well as my daughter’s. And I’ve always used L’Oréal when I’ve used box color. Now I’m know box color is not the best thing to use. So I actually stopped coloring my hair with box color. However my 23 year old daughter bought this product and insisted that I use it. I’ve been trained 8 months at Paul Mitchell (decided to get my esthetician license instead) so I know a little bit about hair. I should know better than to use box color. But money is very tight right now. So I honored her wishes and decided to do it. She bought two boxes. Her hair is fine and shoulder length. Also she has not colored it in about 8 years. This lightener was the worst. It was so thick i found it difficult to saturate the hair. And it would not come out of the squeeze bottle. It would get clogged. So I finally had to put it in a plastic bowl. And even then not all of the solution would come out of the bottle. I had to cut open the bottle. Just to scoop enough product out to try and saturate her hair. Needless to say it’s very blotchy and orange. Even on the spots where there was the most saturatation. I found it incredibly difficult. The consistency was so thick it just wouldn’t spread. It was almost like putting paste in her hair. Now maybe I got a bad batch. I don’t know. But I’ve never had this type of issue ever. Her hair is dark blonde. It didn’t even lift in spots where there definitely was product. And yes it was left on long enough. I don’t recommend this product. I could see orange hair happening to someone like me who has medium brown hair. But not someone who is already blonde to begin with. Not only has it made my poor girl look like an Umpa Lumpa but it was a nightmare working with this product. I would post a photo but she’s too embarrassed.
Alison D.
Minneapolis, MN
I used this in a pinch....I love coloring my hair, I am usually mix my own color because as we have all been told and know, box dye isn’t good for you but sometimes I get an urge and Target and closet than the supply store. I picked this up and used it sparingly to lighten my overly processed dark hair. I knew it would pull orange due to box dye, and processed color as previously mentioned but it didn’t pull an awful color, which was impressive to me. I did do a bit of toning to even the color a bit as I have a lot of build up. Overall, I was pretty impressed for a box color and a buying an impulse purchase! It definitely gave me a much lighter hue without the dramatic change. (Pardon the super cute absolutely no makeup, pimple flaunting picture 😂 just hoping to share my experience with the color)

I gave this 4 stars simply because it’s a box color, it wasn’t super harsh, I processed for 45 minutes but as a beauty believer and former stylist, I sincerely believe it’s important to be very cautious with color, doing it yourself and especially box.
Sasha S.
Washington
Let me just state I have went from black to platinum blonde at home with no issues many many times. I decided it was time to go lighter so I had my hair a soft black that hasnt been dyed in about 5-6 months and used a product (colorfix) to take out the majority of my black with no damage which it did leaving it a auburn red. I bought the  L'Oréal Paris Colorista Bleach  because other bleaches have worked but were really rough on my hair so I wanted to try a new kind. This was a complete fail. I followed instructions and did what I normally do with bleaches. Literally all this product did was take the red tint out and left my hair brown. Sucks. If i could give this zero stars I would. Left picture is before colorista, right is after. Garbage.  Save your $9 and buy something else
Tammi M.
Quincy, MA
This was the only bleach my local grocery had in stock. Since I prefer bright, unusual colors I'm no stranger to bleach and this has to be one of the worst I've ever tried. Does not mix well and the bottle applicator was a joke. Maybe using a bowl and brush would have gone better but I doubt it. Didn't lighten as much as I wanted it to and didn't lighten at all in some spots even though I coated my hair completely. The only reason I'm giving it two stars is because it doesn't smell as strong as other bleaches I've used. Probably a hint why it doesn't lighten enough huh?
Devona L.
Charlotte, NC
I wanted to lighten up my ends a bit for the spring time and I came across this product at Walmart. It was under $10 so I decided to give it a shot. I was pre lightened previously so I knew it would work. It does in fact lighten your hair, but I’d recommend just going to Sally’s and buying bleach and the volume developer you need separately so you know what volume developer you’re using. You’ll avoid damaging your hair! L'Oréal Paris Colorista Bleach.❤️
Cat D.
Fowlerville, MI
For back story, I've done my own hair successfully for years. I was out of the products I usually use, and decided to try this. I thought I would lighten my blonde a shade or two, plus I had a couple inches of new growth. My natural is a light brown almost "dishwater blonde." Unfortunately it barely bleached the new growth, which ive never had an issue with bleaching my natural color. It only partially worked and that's kind of lame. I don't recommend using it.
Hailey H.
Paragould, AR
DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY! I purchased this last night, and as someone that has been bleaching my own hair at home for years, I can say that this is the worst product I’ve ever used. Powder does not mix well into the cream and did minimal lightening on my hair after sitting for an hour. Upon reading reviews on loreals website afterward, and comparing to the reviews here, I seriously think most people reviewing on Influenster have never even tried the product. All of the reviews on Loreals website were similar experience to my own and overall very poor. Extremely disappointed in this product. If you’re looking for an at home bleach, purchase Clairol Frost & Tip!
Maggie Z.
York
I gave this a try, and I must say, I'm impressed! For only including bleach and no toners, I'm surprised at how blonde it really got my hair to be. Of course, there was a little brassy color to it, but it's nothing that could be fixed. If you really want to jump down in color I recommend applying this twice. I really feel as though it didn't harm my hair too much, and I really liked that it didn't have an overwhelming smell to it. It's super cheap, and with some practice, this can turn out just as well as a salon visit would, but for a lot less money! I definitely plan on continuing to use this product, and possibly some more fun colors to go with it!
Caden B.
The steps are clear and easy and the bleach isn't super strong smelling, which I always struggle with, but ventilation is still important because it can still give you a headache. If you're bleaching dark hair though you will need a separate toner from the conditioner they put in the kit because your hair will be yellow.
Gabriella A.
Framingham, MA
I have all over pink hair and need to touch up my roots every month and a half or whenever I have the money (on a college budget).  I usually use Splat's bleach in their hairdye box but I was unable to get it so I thought I'd try this. I do it myself which means I'm prone to missing spots. This bleach, even when I know I put it on a section, it did not even lighten a bit. It did lighten most of my roots but now I look like a mess. If you want to use this, I would recommend having a friend help you and make sure you got all the spots. It wasn't too smelly and it's actually bleach free so it barely tingles (unlike Splat).
sara h.
I JUST used Color Oops! on my hair before writing this post - I want to go a grey/silver color . my hair is mostly healthy , even after all the damage i’ve done in the past to it. Would it be okay to bleach my hair with the Colorista Bleach later tonight even if i used the color oops the same day?? L'Oréal Paris Colorista BleachColor Oops Hair Color Remover
Is the bleach permanent even when the color from the colorista semi-permanent color washes out
annabel l.
Bridgewater, NJ
Is this bleach good? Are there any other hair bleach products that you would recommend besides this one? Also does anyone have any tips for bleaching ends, like what is the best way to ombré your hair? I have dark brown/black hair
will this affect my septic tank?
Ashlyne S.
Goodyear
Considering it is a bleach, I know that there will be some damage. But how bad is it? I treat my hair with a special cream and coconut oil before and after, but on a scale of 1 to 10 how effective and how damaging is the bleach?