Betsy F.
I was able to go from a vivid blue to the platinum blonde I had prior to dying it blue. I heard a lot of horror stories about having to have multiple dye jobs to cover blue and color stripping formulas that leave hair wrecked. Luckily that was not the case with this haircolor remover. My hair is pretty soft when typically it is slightly corse. I only needed a box and my hair is slightly passed my shoulders but thick. I would suggest 2 boxes for any length passed your chin if you need color removed from root to tip. My roots that got some of the corrector on them are slightly lighter. And there is no odd smell.