BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #10 in Hair Color Removers & Faders

Remove unwanted permanent hair color. Colorist secret hair color remover. Salon inspired.

Correct color mistakes with ease! This product removes artificial at-home or salon haircolor from your hair, leaving it ready for a new application. Haircolor Remover does not restore hair to its original, natural shade, but instead prepares it for re-coloring so that you can color your hair with any shade you like.

Our formulas are modified from time to time, so this ingredient listing may not exactly reflect the ingredients in the product you purchase and use. Always read the ingredient list on the product label before use.

Note: Below Is The Most Comprehensive Ingredient List For This Product, But Please Note That Ingredients Vary By Shade. Please Check The Box At The Store For An Ingredient List At The Shade Level.

Haircolor Remover Powder:

• I recently died my hair a medium chestnut brown. Will thi...2 Answers
  • How would you compare this to color oops? Will it remove ...1 Answers
  • Does this fully remove all traces of hair dye? Has anyone...3 Answers
Buy on ULTA
  • "I've used this several times while coring my hair after highlights back to my natural dark brown when it came out black." in 2 reviews
  • "When you use this product you should make sure you have your next hair dye ready to go." in 2 reviews
  • "Also, it will only bring you back to the lightest color you've had, so if you have brown hair and always have, don't use this product in attempts to go blonde." in 2 reviews
  • "It really does work and is a lot less damaging then other hair color removers I've tried." in 1 review
  • "I wanted to remove a box black from my dark brown hair and ended up with orange leopard spots all over!" in 1 review
Jordan W.
United States
L'Oréal Paris Colorist Secrets™ Haircolor Remover I wanted to take my hair to a lighter brown after years of dying it black. Using this color remover definitely took me to a very golden orange-ish blonde. I was very pleasantly surprised with how light it took my hair. The only downside is it totally dried my hair out...like completely. I'm about a month out and I'm still trying to repair it. I also redyed it the light brown 5 days after doing the color remover which didn't help. But I'm slowly getting my hair back to its normal health and I feel the damage is to be expected. The damage my hair took wasn't detrimental enough to deter me from using this product again and, in fact, I'll be using it again as soon as I get my hair healthy to aid in getting it to a silver color. I highly recommend this one! I've included pictures of before the color remover, after the color remover, and after I dyed it again to show the success. (After uploading I see that the phots go in after, during, before order. Sorry!)
Crystal C.
putting the stars in the middle due to the fact i havent used it just yet. will be this weekend to lighten the black out of the midlength-ends of my hair to switch to a red shade. will be my first time using a color remover, hope it works. will update my review then.

update: it lifted the color out of my hair just enough but definitely not as much as it may on others who have used this product. black can be a pain to try and get rid of, granted. keeping it at 3 stars tho, mainly for the fact that it will lift the color out. but alas, didnt work the best for me. i wish better luck for those who choose to try this that it works for their needs.
Ashten N.
Webster, Tx
Well firstly. I saw no where on the box about it havin bleach. Secondly. It clearly states it wont change your natural hair color. Thats a lie. It has worked to strio the hair of color. My hair is almost all blonde lol!
Melissa R.
Tempe , AZ
I have used this product a couple times before and I does removed previously dyed hair & it is long lasting , it's cheaper than most color removers which is great , it doesn't bleach your hair or leave it damaged but it does what it's meant to do, would buy again !
Salina L.
Plumas Lake, CA
This is the best and quickest hair color remover I've ever used,I just used it tonight to get rid of my pink,it took me back to the blond that was underneath (I'm a natural brunette) but that's okay I wanted to get back to the light color,it didn't take long,I literally saw the color change,it also doesn't have that bad ammonia smell as if you were actually coloring your hair.
sherry S.
I love this stuff! It turns my hair a beautiful strawberry color. (Darker strawberry blonde) at first I was concerned but I keoy the color for a while it came out pretty nice once dry. Later I used red and my hair was more like Ariel's hair but that's what I was going for =D I highly recommend this product. Use it wisely and with common sense. It goes strip use at least 2 boxes if your hair is longer then your shoulders and use it correctly. Or you WILL get spots. If you're too worried, pay out the a$$ for a salon.

Personally great product for what it does. When it removes a really dark color, it will leave an odd color. You'll need to redye to another shade.
Betsy F.
I was able to go from a vivid blue to the platinum blonde I had prior to dying it blue. I heard a lot of horror stories about having to have multiple dye jobs to cover blue and color stripping formulas that leave hair wrecked. Luckily that was not the case with this haircolor remover. My hair is pretty soft when typically it is slightly corse. I only needed a box and my hair is slightly passed my shoulders but thick. I would suggest 2 boxes for any length passed your chin if you need color removed from root to tip. My roots that got some of the corrector on them are slightly lighter. And there is no odd smell.
Laura S.
Pinckney, MI
This product does what it says it will! If you are looking for an easy fix to a hair dye mistake, this is it. It'll take you back to your most recent shade. However, if you have a history with bleaching your hair chances are you will be left with brassy hair :(. Also, it will only bring you back to the lightest color you've had, so if you have brown hair and always have, don't use this product in attempts to go blonde. Furthermore, I do not recommend this product to people with black hair; you will not see MUCH color change (only a little) --- you could do it a few times though if you'd like. It is a lot better for your hair than bleach.
Jennifer B.
Dry Ridge, KY
I had really dark brown, almost black, with some red in it. I used two bottles. My hair is to my shoulders and to me the scent was not bad. I left on 20 minutes and my hair was the same color as the girl from the movie 5th Element. Weird thing was that I did like it lol. I recolored my hair a lighter brown color but it came out a light copper, straw shade. Will go a little darker next time. I would say try it but don't be surprised by the color. Will buy again.
Shelby N.
Elyria, OH
I love this color remover. I really works to get all the color out and conditions you're hair in the process. My normally coarse hair always feels soft when I'm done using this product. The smell can be a little bad, but not as bad as color oops and other color removers I have tried. Went from blue to my original bleached hair and it worked great!
savannah W.
Donora, PA
Can I bleach my hair the same day after using this product
Amanda B.
Is it safe to bleach your hair shortly after using this color remover? My hair didn’t go as blonde as I had hoped so I put blue in. Now it faded to a murky greenish tint so I used this color remover. I want to go totally blonde (ombré, not near the roots) but I don’t want to fry my hair.
Carolina C.
Does this fully remove all traces of hair dye? Has anyone tried this?
Kandice C.
Carlisle
I recently died my hair a medium chestnut brown. Will this bring it out without frying it.
Can I relax my hair after I use this?