BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #89 in Hair Mousse

24-HR Body + Volume. Extra Strong Hold. Heat Protection.

Our high-performance, lightweight, aerated mousse gives lifeless hair a volume injection for 24 hours. Infused with thickening agents, hair is boosted for a long lasting, bouncy and volumized look.

• Alcohol Denat

• Has anyone else has trouble with this mousse? it seems to...5 Answers
  • Does this work well for fine hair without looking crunchy?3 Answers
  • I like the smeel even if people thinks smells like old pe...3 Answers
Julie D.
I disliked this product enough that I'll be returning it, which I don't often do with hair products.

Straight off, after spraying some into my hand, it started turning back to liquid immediately, leaving my hand a sticky mess that I had to go wash afterwards, trying not to drip this gunk everywhere.

I read the reviews on here after purchasing but before trying it, and saw a lot of people complaining about the scent.  I figured I might like it anyway, but as soon as I caught a smell of it, I realized everyone else was right.  It stinks.

I dried my hair upside down, as I always do with mousse, but as soon as I flipped it back over, it began going flat.  The product hasn't added any volume.  Instead, for my troubles, my hair looks very dry now.  It looks lifeless and straight and disappointing.  I don't want to apply any more heat to fix it for fear of damaging it.  I'll add that I also used oil to try and rectify the dry look, but it helped not a bit.

Not a great experience.  I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone.
tiffani B.
oxford, WI
I have super short hair (undercut pixie) and this does give me good volume on the longer parts. So it gets 3 stars for that....BUT it smells SO bad that I dread using it. It smells that perfume that most elderly ladies use. It would be fine if the smell was faint but it is so strong it gives me a headache. I'd love them to do the same formula with a better smell.
Maren S.
Ft Leonard Wd, MO
L'Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle BOOST IT High Lift Creation Spray
Best spray ever! I love big hair and this one is awesome! I don't need to tease my hair much and only need a little bit of this spray to make it stay up all day ! Love this
Hima N.
I love this product because it is so affordable and it leaves my curls more volume and is very light so it does not weigh them down. This product is great because it does not leave my hair greasy or feeling crunchy. It also does a great job of keeping my hair less frizzy.
Sarah R.
Poca, WV
Smells great and a little goes a long way! I love the foam texture and the bounce it gives my hair! I would recommend this to anyone with drab hair. Best applied while hair is fresh and wet. Floral scented mousse.
Lisa C.
I love the way this hair spray keeps my hair tamed. A little frizz but not to back. The smell of this hair spray is amazing. It’s affordable too. The one I got is strong hold works pretty good for my hair. I would definitely recommend and purchase again.
Devona L.
Charlotte, NC
Another amazing product by L’Oreal. I use this after washing my hair for a flexible finish. It also leaves my hair shiny and full looking. This product is very inexpensive and I will be buying it again. I highly recommend for thin or thick hair!
Sarah Z.
Durham, NC
I bought this mousse because Target was out of my usual.  I rarely throw away products, just usually suffer through them, but this one I threw away. The smell is very strong, for one, and it ended up making my hair heavy and dirty-looking. I wasn't a fan of the product and decided to throw it away and go back to my old stand-by brand. I wouldn't recommend it.
Sierra C.
Glasgow
When I’m wanting a full curly look, this is my go-to! It gives my hair the extra umphh that I’m wanting. I usually apply it right into my roots and it gives great volume. I also put a small amount in my damp hair before straightening it
Elizabeth C.
Bronx, NY
When i go for a big curly look i love to use this with my diffuser. My hair is usually flat but when i use this after scrunching it into my hair and using the diffuser i get big volume with curls. It can be sticky on the hands while applying but with the pay off i dont even mind it
Lucy P.
Merion Sta, PA
Has anyone else has trouble with this mousse? it seems to be so crunchy for me! I've seen great reviews, though. :/
Chelsey R.
Does this work well for fine hair without looking crunchy?
Raquel P.
Seattle, WA
I like the smeel even if people thinks smells like old people ahahah! However, i don't see the volume added to my hair

back