Add a Photo

By L'ORÉAL PARIS
#8 in Mousse

Give Your Hair a Heat Break.

24 HR Flexible Control. Frizz resistant. Soft, Touchable feel. No residue.

L'Oréal Paris introduces the new Advanced Hairstyle AIR DRY IT Ruffled Body Mousse. Enhance your hair's natural curls and waves without the heat. No residue left behind.

This rich, lightweight foam builds body, enhances waves and curls and provides hold. Get beautiful, natural, effortless style. AIR DRY IT.

Photos (89)
Brandy B.
Brandy B.
Los Angeles, CA

I got this product as a free sample for my review through Influenster. I have very coarse, naturally curly hair and use a hair dryer on my hair roughly 3x a year, always with a humidifier. So I am an air dying fanatic! I usually use a really hydrating leave in conditioner and then top it off with a curl-defining styling cream to lock in moisture.

I haven't used a mousse in years so this was a fun throwback. I liked the scent a lot-- it was nice and pleasant. The feel of the mousse was really sticky/tacky in my palms and it felt really dry going into my hair? But again-- I have REALLY coarse hair so, that may have a lot to do with it.
I used two huge palmfuls of the mousse to cover all my hair, and then I ran errands around town. It took a while to dry, but that's normal for me-- no difference there.

I liked the way my curls looked with this-- very beachy and fun. It *DOES* add volume, which I do NOT need lol, but it would be a plus for those ladies with fine curls or, maybe someone with fine hair that wants to enhance curls?

It dried not too crunchy-- no 80's poodle curls-- and I scrunched it a bit to break it up so it looked less ramen-y. Overall, I liked this enough that I kept it and would use it again, although I don't think it's an every day look for me. I like a little bit more definition than this offers. But it delivers a very soft, beachy look and that is something nice to have once in a while.
Anggy G.
Anggy G.
Medley, Florida

I bought this last week on a whim at our local Walgreens. There was only one bottle of the Air Dry It Mousse available ... When I say I have tried every curly hair product on the market, it would be an understatement. I have NEVER in my life been able to let my air just air dry and actually walk out in public without some sort of "touch up" with a curling iron ... My hair looks better than ever in my whole entire life and my hair workload is cut by 30 minutes! My hair is curly, bouncy, shiny, SOFT and does NOT frizz .. even in ... RAIN?!? Now I am on the official hunt for more of this amazing and LIFE changing mousse! I'm hoping L'Oréal will give me some insight as to where and when this will be available. Now I feel like I have to guard this one bottle with my life and use sparingly until I am able to purchase more. I've already traveled to numerous drugstores around the area with no luck finding it :( Also, for what it's worth ... this is my FIRST review everrrr... of any curly hair product, so I want L'Oréal to realize just how special their new product is. It is truly is a LIFE SAVER for curly haired people!!! Please, please, please help me locate more of it!
Jessica B.
Jessica B.
Dale City, VA

This product was sent to me for free by Influenster for testing purposes and while I have already finished the campaign and reviewed this product on Loreal's website, I felt the need to review it here too because I am still using it every single day. I used to be a huge fan of mousse back in my middle and high school years but as an adult I pretty much stopped using it all together, until this product was sent to me. I've been using it every day for the last 3 weeks to a month and I still have SO much product in the can (and my hair is long and thick). I find that this mousse gives my hair the perfect hold and enhances my natural curls beautifully. I was so surprised on the first day I went to test this products and didn't want to put anything else in my hair. As I mentioned in my review for Loreal's website, the weather here is not hot and humid yet so I don't know how it's going to hold through that weather but as of now.. I've been loving this. My reason for not giving it 5 stars is because I would like it to have some benefits such as moisturization, which I don't get; however, I do think this product is worth a try.
Jennifer J.
Jennifer J.
Fountain, CO

I have very thin and fine hair; this product is
not designed for that specifically, yet it worked remarkably for my boring
hair!  I distributed this throughout my
hair; flipped my hair upside down and scrunched and scrunched away.  I then allowed it to dry, naturally.  This Mousse added beautiful, textured waves
to my hair that I have never seen before without having to create with a
heating tool.  The waves held strong,
throughout the entire day; no residue nor crunchiness nor greasiness was to be
found.  I will purchase this product and
I definitely recommend. I received this @LOrealParisUSA #AirDryIt Ruffled Body
Mousse from @Influenster complimentary for being a #Influensterchamp for a
#Contest
Amanda M.
Amanda M.
Poland, IN

I am a new mom with zero time to blow dry and style my dark thick wavy hair. I was over putting my hair up every day just so I wouldn't have to look at the frizzy mess. I started searching for products I could go buy without having to find a salon and I found great reviews on the L'Oréal Air Dry mousse. I picked it up at my local store and was so happy that it also cost SO much less than some other specialty products for wavy and curly hair. I have used it daily for a week now and absolutely love it. I do use a big handful and brush through my hair after I shampoo and condition to get the look I want. It does not leave your hair crunchy or sticky and I can brush my hair later in the day without causing it to frizz. If you are looking for a product that feels natural and works then I highly recommend this product. I'm excited to try the rest of this product line!
Patricia14598 I.
Patricia14598 I.

Among the variety of products I use in my hair I never thought about using foam, perhaps because my experience in the past had been and emphasized extremely negative, so when I received the box I did not feel any emotion. Two or three days passed and I was encouraged to use the product even though in reviewing the list of ingredients I realized that it did not fall into my category because I do not use sulfates, parabens, or silicone ... so following the instructions, Shake, stylize as usual and put the foam on wet hair wait impatiently to dry and the first time was surprised, the result was fantastic, frizz-free curls for 24 hours, nothing thought, not hard, just like you like it Bounce and feel free. Of the three washes I've tried with this product I can say that I feel really satisfied.
Hannah M.
Hannah M.
Lodi, CA

I was given this product for free in exchange for my honest evaluation. and my honest statement is true: I really love this stuff! I personally have issues keeping and maintaining my hair. Frizz being the main focal point in ruining a lot of pretty looks for me. But this stuff has really helped keep the frizz at bay and tame fly-aways. All you need is a very small amount to really see results. The scent is absolutely divine, something as a stand=alone, you can wear without drawing too much attention unlike most hair stuff that have a lot of chemicals and unwanted smells. It gave my naturally curly hair more body and volume without creating that flat-squished look I would normally get with typical gels or mousses. I really recommend and approve of this product.
Hannah V.
Hannah V.
Berwyn, PA

I've been really loving this mouse! I air dry my hair all the time and I feel like there is a gap in the market for products formulated for air dry styles. Most hair products are intended for use with heat styling and leave something to be desired for air dry fans. I will typically braid my hair when it is wet and let it air dry for effortless loose waves. This mouse really helped to lock in the waves without leaving my hair feeling crunchy, sticky or heavy. My hair feels soft and the waves last for days. It smells awesome and despite rain and humidity my hair is frizz free. The bottle says "limited edition" but I"m hoping that the funky packaging is limited edition. I'll be devastated if this product is limited edition.
Lily S.
Lily S.

I absolutely love this product!!! I have always shied away from mousse because it left my hair with that crackled stuck together wet texture which just wasn't for me.... But then I got this gem in my voxbox to try out and I am so please with how light yet stylish my hair is and just letting it air dry!! As a mom of four boys I don't have the time to get ready every day let alone take the time to blow dry my hair or style it... This product is fantastic I just run it thru my damp hair and let it dry playing with it as it does to give it Evers volume and bounce! Thank you L'Oréal for an amazing product.... Thank you Influenster for sending it to me for free to review because now I am in love!
Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY

This mousse smelled great and is an amazing price for the amount of product you get. I received this product complementary from influenster for testing purposes but all opinions are my own. I used this on my fifth day dirty hair. Dampened my hair and added a good amount of mousse and then french braided two pigtails and used a light hairspray and let dry then took them out and let them sit. Pic below. It looked great for a few hours but then it frizzed and fell out. My curl pattern is broken to bits from daily flat ironing for over a decade. This would never help me but I do think this would be great for someone who likes their hair texture and just needs a little definition and light hold.
Jaimary F.
Jaimary F.

My hair is very wavy, this will work?
Evelina R.
Evelina R.

How does it smell?
Nicole g.
Nicole g.
Wilder, KY

Does this leave your hair crunchy?
Anna B.
Anna B.
San Francisco, CA

Does this product make your hair feel a lot of product is in it, or have a more natural feel?
Victoria N.
Victoria N.
Charlotte, NC

Would this work well with very thick curly (4a/4b) hair?