L'Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Ultimate Straight System

L'OREAL PARIS' FIRST SYSTEM WITH KERA-TOURMALINE FOR UP TO 48 HOURS OF LONG-LASTING STRAIGHT*

*Based on using complete system with heat styling tools

Does this work good for fine, straight hair?
what did you like about this product? is it benefit for the oily hair?
I have used the staightening balm so far I like it. Is the shampoo and conditioner good? I have dry frizzy hair.
Start your review of L'Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Ultimate Straight System!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“...cleanliness and when incorporated by the conditioner makes your hair super soft, lightweight and manageable.” in 9 reviews
“I have really short hair now so this was enough an it worked ok but it smells great so I'll give it 3stars but I'll stick to my normal stuff” in 7 reviews
“It smelled great but I dont know if it helped with the straightening of my hair seeing as I use other products on it when it comes out.” in 7 reviews
“When i straightened my hair it was super easy and my hair was less frizzy which is amazing ! ” in 6 reviews
“I really enjoyed this product and would purchase it the next time I need to buy shampoo and conditioner.” in 4 reviews
Erie, PA
I tried the sample foil packets I received in a subscription box and I'm hooked. I have wavey, frizzy hair normally but I straighten it every day. This smells absolutely delicious. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I loved the smell. One thing I really liked what the shampoo seemed to glide through the hair easily and didn't take much working in. Every step just made my hair feel so great after rinsing. In the morning when I woke up I did have wavey hair (that's what I get for sleeping with it wet granted it looked prettier than normal) but I noticed while straightening it how nice my hair looked/felt. I had less frizz though ultimately I'll always have frizz. I felt like this did wonders for my hair even after one wash and I could see it immediately. I will definitely be purchasing.
Dark Brown / Color Protection, Damage, Frizz / Oily, Wavy, Thick
Dunn , NC
L'Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Ultimate Straight System uploaded by Sandra U.
I really love these products and they really do make getting your hair straight and sleek so much easier! The system includes Smooth Intense Ulitmate Straight shampoo, Smooth Intense Ultimate Straight pre-conditioner, Smooth Intense Ultimate Straight conditioner, and Smooth Intense Ultimate Straight Perfecting Balm. The first thing that you do is shampoo your hair with the straightening shampoo and rinse it out as you normally would any other shampoo. But the next step was a new one for me, a pre-conditioner, after you rinse out the shampoo apply an even layer of the straightening pre-conditioner and leave on for 1 minute then you apply the straightening conditioner and leave both products on your hair for another 1-3 minutes. Just remember that you don't rinse the pre-conditioner out before applying the conditioner. lastly after rinsing out your pre-conditioner and conditioner and towel dry your hair apply the Straight Perfecting Balm and then style your hair as normal and you will have sleek, straight, shiny hair! I normally blow dry my hair while brushing it straight after I apply the straightening balm and it actually seemed like it sped up my hair's drying time, sometimes I still use a straightening iron after blow drying but my hair felt really soft and looked way healthier after using these hair products! The products are supposed to keep your hair straight for 48 hours without re-washing or re-straightening so I put it to the test lol. I live in NC and it is extremely humid and has been like 100 degrees everyday for the past week (oh and my AC went out this week too yay! lol) anyway after using this system I went 48 hours without washing my hair or applying any additional products, I just brushed my hair and amazingly my hair really did stay straight! Now I must say that my hair is not naturally curly (it's wavy on the bottom half of my hair and pretty straight on the top half) so of course I can not say how well these products work on someone with super curly hair but I do feel like they would be worth trying. But all in all I would recommend this hair care system and I feel that the products do work very well. I plan on continuing to use the products because I am happy with how shiny and healthy looking my hair is after using them. I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
Light Brown / Anti-Aging, Brittleness, Color Protection / Dry, Straight, Wavy
I really love loreal hair care products! Especially their everpure and extraordinary oil lines. Both work so well for my damaged and color treated hair. They are gentle enough to keep my hair soft and nourished while also protecting it and keeping it super clean. I really like how it helps repair damage and split ends. I would recommend this to anyone. They have lots of different formulas for any hair type or need.
Dark Brown / Anti-Aging, Brittleness, Color Protection / Dry, Wavy, Coarse
Spring City, TN
This has become my new favorite system. I have thick, wavy/curly hair that frizzes like crazy. I prefer straightening my hair especially with my shorter cut but normally its still thick and poofy and gets poofier throughout the day as well as starts waving again. With this system, I can straighten my hair with no frizz or poofiness and it stays that way. Next day, i just use a dry shampoo and get some extra mileage out of my do ;)
Medium Brown / Damage, Dandruff, Frizz / Curly, Thick
Tustin, CA
L'Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Ultimate Straight System uploaded by Arielle D.
Let me start off by saying how excited I was to receive the full line of the Ultimate Straight hair care products for free in exchange for a product review through my very first voxbox. I can't believe they sent me full sized bottles of all four products! I read about the products and found out that it's a 3 step process plus an after shower balm. The pre-conditioner step 2, only gets used once a week but I believe you can use the shampoo, conditioner and balm as often as you wash your hair. I suppose you could use the shampoo and conditioner without the pre-conditioner step, but I honestly would suggest using it once a week as suggested on the bottle. I have naturally straight hair, so I can't honestly say if it did the job on straightening but I have to say my hair hasn't felt this soft and luscious in a long time! I don't color my hair or do major damage to it with heat products, I wash my hair about every third day because I've heard it's better for your hair to not wash it everyday. Also, I've got really thick hair, so washing it everyday or even every other is a bit time consuming. My hair felt amazing after using the 4 products and I was curious to know if it's like starting over each time you use it or if over time my hair would begin to be softer and straighter. I continued to use this product line over the past few weeks to see if it made a difference over time rather than just a one time thing... and the answer is yes! My hair has never been softer and the delicious smell lingers without overpowering my regular fragrance. The product claims that it keeps your hair shiny and straight for up to 48 hours, but I managed a good solid 72 hours out of it and my hair still looked great. [I generally wash my hair every third day] I loved this entire product line and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a great product for smoothr, softer and straighter hair! Once I use through my current hair care products, I'm heavily considering switching brands to L'Oreal Ultimate Straight. It's nice to know that L'Oreal is a reasonably priced beauty brand that will leave my hair looking fabulous without breaking the bank.
Dark Brown / Dandruff, Heat Protection, Volume / Normal, Oily, Straight
West Jordan, UT
I am very picky about what I use on my hair. I tend to stick to professional products and rarely purchase drugstore shampoos and conditioners. I received a sample of this particular L'oréal line and I fell in love. I was shocked at how smooth, soft, and shiny my hair was!! I have fairly frizzy hair and just blow drying my hair alone, it was pretty straight and without frizz. I did run my flat iron through my hair as it's part of my routine but I probably could have gone without doing so.
Dark Brown / Anti-Aging, Color Protection, Damage / Dry, Oily, Wavy
Yucaipa, CA
I received this pack to review from Influenster... First step is the Shampoo – Great smelling, felt good while applying, foamy and rinsed out easily – I’m not sure how else to review a shampoo, most shampoo’s are fairly similar while applying LOL Second step is the pre-conditioner – I have NEVER used a pre-conditioner. I didn’t really understand this concept when I got the box, like, really? Another step I have to take while doing my hair? – I’m a simple girl. Again, the smell was great and I didn’t mind an extra head massage during the process, but if there was anything I could change about the bundle it would be to remove this step and somehow add it into the conditioner. Don’t know if that’s possible, I’m not a chemist, but it seems like it could be done… Next came the conditioner – good smelling, smooth, thick... pretty standard stuff as far as conditioner goes. It did rinse out pretty well, which sometimes is the hardest part with conditioner. It didn’t leave residue or anything which was a plus. Lastly, the straightening balm – This was applied right after towel-drying my hair, before styling. Again, great smelling (see a trend?) and applied well. It didn’t feel greasy or oily which was nice. I don’t like to have to deal with grease-ball hair, which can show easily with my short locks. I did my standard blow drying process (large round brush for the front, small round brush in the back) and also did a little straightening with the straightening iron with the longer portions in the front. After all was said and done I feel like this haircare bundle is definitely something I’ll continue to use and test out over the coming months (product lasts long when your hair is short – bonus!). I love that it didn’t leave me greasy, but just with shiny and straight hair. The claim is that this product allows you to have straight hair for 48 hours; I’m not 100% sure about that since I workout and do have to rinse daily (full wash every other day), but for the 24 hour span it definitely works well. I think it even helps after sleeping a full night on it. That definitely says something! I’m interested to see how it works with my hair color. I’m a natural blonde and this color fades fairly quickly (I require touchups every 6 weeks). I’ve been using a color lasting shampoo and conditioner so I really hope the color isn’t affected while using this bundle.
Red / Damage, Dandruff, Frizz / Straight, Thick
Pharr, TX
L'Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Ultimate Straight System uploaded by Klarissa S.
Love love love the way it's taken affection on my hair. Not only does it nourish my hair but it also smells AMAZING. I've been using it for a month now and only spent $2 on both shampoo and conditioner. I'm definitely satisfied with this.
Dark Brown / Damage, Dandruff, Dry Scalp / Dry, Oily, Wavy
L'Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Ultimate Straight System uploaded by Jennifer D.
About two weeks ago, I received a set of L'Oreal's Ultimate Straight line from Influenster! I received: Smooth Intense Ultimate Straight Shampoo, Smooth Intense Ultimate Straight Pre-Conditioner, Smooth Intense Ultimate Straight Conditioner, & Smooth Intense Ultimate Straight Leave-In Balm My first thought was, why do I need a pre-conditioner!!! My second thought was, I bet this stuff is super expensive!!! I usually use Suave, Garnier Fructis, Dove & Herbal Essence depending on which one I can get cheapest, with the combination of sale prices & coupons!!! Well, I found out these products are a bit more than what I'm used to paying, the family-size bottles of shampoo & conditioner are about 22oz. & run about $6. I planned just to use the bottles I was sent then go back to my regular brands. That was, until I tried them!!! I have very long hair, all the way down past my butt so I usually need tons of shampoo & conditioner!!! The plus is, you don't need as much as you would need using other products. What I REALLY love is, they make my hair feel so soft & silky!!! It has tamed my frizz & made my hair look so much healthier!!! I am definitely a fan of this new product & HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!! As far as the straight part, I already have very straight hair so I can't comment on that aspect but, it will make your hair look & feel so much healthier!!! #UltimateStraight I am SO in love with these new products!!! #UltimateStraight definitely has a new #1 fan!!! Although I received this product free of charge, in exchange for this review, all opinions are my own!!!
Dark Blonde / Brittleness, Color Protection, Damage / Dry, Normal, Oily
South Park
HATE THIS STUFF. makes my hair feel like straw because it is thicker and color treated. I used this product for 2 weeks just to make sure that it was making my hair feel weird and not another product. It was this stuff for sure. Would not recommend unless you have thinner hair.
Medium Brown / Color Protection, Curls, Damage / Normal, Straight, Thick
Ask a question to the Influenster community...