L'Oréal Extraordinary Clay Rebalancing Shampoo uploaded by Mărgineanu D.L'Oréal Extraordinary Clay Rebalancing Shampoo uploaded by Sarahi G.L'Oréal Extraordinary Clay Rebalancing Shampoo uploaded by Lorna C.See all 83 photos

BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #43 in Shampoo

Discover the purifying power of Extraordinary Clay, our first shampoo system with 3 refined clays.

Wash away the Extraordinary Clay pre-shampoo mask and cleanse hair from root to tip with this rebalancing shampoo.

Up to 48 HR Purified Roots + Hydrated Ends.*

*BASED ON USING THE COMPLETE SYSTEM OF PRE-SHAMPOO TREATMENT, SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER

• Does it actually work for greasy hair Yes! Is very good for greasy h... 2 Answers
  • Does it really work? If you have my t...I have long hair, my roots are... 5 Answers
  • I've never seen this product before! ...Try finding it at Walmart 8 Answers
Photos (83)
Lindsey J.
Lindsey J.
So I wanted to love this stuff. It made my hair really soft and oil-free the first couple weeks of using it. I was impressed with the smell and the lather and how it washed clean. Since I suffer from oily scalp, I thought this would be perfect for me! But there were a few things that kept me from loving it and, likely, buying it again:
- My back and scalp started itching after a couple weeks. I hadn't changed anything else, and once I stopped using this product everything got better. Maybe it's the salicylic acid. Maybe it's all the extra sulfates and chemicals and colors that I *loathe* because they aren't good for your skin and body.
- It stopped working as well over time. I couldn't go 48 hours like it claims, though I can with other shampoo products.
- Though I mentioned it already, I cannot and will not buy products that are loaded with fillers and chemicals and such. It lowers the cost, sure, but at what price to our health? My body is *super* sensitive to these things, and I've noticed a huge difference in my skin from avoiding them. Promise I'm not trying to be conceited about it -- I just can't go back.

Overall, I liked it at first and was willing to tough out the chemicals and coloring and such. But it only went downhill from there.
Katrina P.
Katrina P.
Council Bluffs, IA
Effective plus pleasant scent!

When I got this product I was skeptical of it's claims of keeping hair less oily for up to 48 hours. I often have problems with my hair getting oily very soon after I wash it, this is a big problem for me especially in the winter when I don't want to wash it as often since it gets more dry/brittle in the cold weather.

I used the shampoo along with the conditioner and pre-shampoo mask as directed on the packaging. By the end of the day my hair was still oil free. By the end of day 2 I was convinced. My hair had started to get oily again but not anywhere near what it would have been using my normal shampoo/conditioner routine. This coupled with the fact that it is really affordable has pretty much cemented its inclusion in my future beauty routine.

I received this product complimentary for testing purposes and an honest review. All opinions are my own.
Heather I.
Heather I.
Tamarac, FL
Alas I didn't receive this from Influenster but I kinda wish I did because this would have been perfect for my hair. But I heard that it was coming out in stores so I went and bought it. I had a problem with very greasy/oily hair and after numerous different types of shampoo brands I found one that was coming out on the market that is perfect for my hair. It was a huge relief not having to wake up with greasy hair in the morning and to be able to enjoy my skin being grease free. Besides of it smelling amazing it actually is helping to balance my hair and dry it out. I want to buy the pre-shampoo treatment in this variety. It is well worth it. Thank you L'Oréal!! 👏🏻
Kristen C.
Kristen C.
Waldorf, Md
I love this shampoo! I only use the mask occasionally though each wash I use this shampoo and it has been a life saver! As a busy blonde my hair typically get oily fast. Half way through a work day my hair already looks dirty. Just the same I try not wash everyday (or have the time to dry and style every morning.) I have now found my miracle to not wasting a can of dry shampoo! I also have hair with a mind of its own. Since using this product line my hair is soft and strait with body. Where typically I was battling with wired curls and waves that made my hair unkept. I can not thank Influenster more for taking on this product.
Malloree C.
Malloree C.
Iva, SC
I was sent this product by Influenster to try and review. I have been using it for about a month now. The whole line has a distinct smell, but I don't find it off putting. While I love the premise of this hair care line because I always have oily roots and dry ends, I'm not so sure it is actually making a huge difference. That being said, the weather where I live has been absolutely crazy lately. We have literally experienced every season in the time since I've started using this product and that could very well be affecting some things. I think it's definitely worth a try, especially at such an affordable price.
Daniela M.
Daniela M.
I actually went out of my way to purchase this because I feel like it was marketed directly towards me. It seems to be meant for people with oily roots and dry ends and comes as a full system. Frankly, I regret only buying the shampoo and not the mask and conditioner. The smell is great and I can tell it keeps my hair from getting super oily throughout the day. I wash my hair pretty frequently as is, but I also play with my hair a lot, and my hands are constantly in my hair. I couldn't recommend this shampoo more. I passed on some on my salon=brand shampoos to use this one instead and am so happy.
Felecia E.
Felecia E.
West Palm Bch, FL
I first tried the line of products in December of 2016. I love the scent of all three, and the scent lasts for a couple days. I usually wash my hair once a week and may cowash mid week. I found that the clay mask is something I would use once a month instead of weekly as suggested. Also, I like to condition my hair than shampoo. I did the regular order the first time I tried it and the second time I reserved the process. I prefer the latter. I received these items in exchange of my honest review. I like this product line and would totally recommend it for other with natural hair.
Chelsea B.
Chelsea B.
New Brighton , PA
I received this in my voxbox for free to test out and out of the three products in it this is the one I least liked! And that's putting it nicely! It's got this weird gel like texture to it that it just sticks together. It claims it is safe for color treated hair but I have never had so much color run out of my hair from a shampoo before! I have bright pink hair and my entire shower floor was pink!! It's never done that with any shampoo so I'm not sure what's in it to cause that but I won't be using that again!
Shanon Y.
Shanon Y.
Covina , CA
I am one of those individuals who washes their hair daily due to itchy and oily roots. When winter hit, it's been a pain washing and drying my long hair and I realized that I'm doing more damage than good by consistently washing. When I got a complimentary shampoo of the L'Oreal Extraordinary Clay shampoo I was thrilled to try it out. Ever since using it I've been getting by with skipping a day of washing. My hair feels clean and I realized my hair is less oily and stays fresh for much longer periods.
Zeenat M.
Zeenat M.
Knoxville, TN
I got this whole line for free from a Voxbox for testing purposes, and while I admit that the clay idea was something new an cool, I was not really impressed by the product as a whole. I use a competing hair care brand and I liked that so much more, and I will stick to that. My hair actually seemed to be getting oilier after using this. Also it smelled weird and not fruity how other famine hair care products should smell. So while it was cool to try, I will not buy it again.
carla l.
carla l.
Salem , OR
I've never seen this product before! Where is everyone finding it?
RENELLE p.
RENELLE p.
Does it leave your hair greasy?
Chelsea P.
Chelsea P.
Lafayette, CO
Does it really work? If you have my type of hair (oily up top dry at the ends, frizzy, uncontrollable, damage prone) did this help you? My hair is so long and I like it from time to time but once I get my hair cut I want to keep it looking healthy and beautiful.
Christina S.
Christina S.
I have ALWAYS suffered with oily roots and dry ends. Will this shampoo help balance out my hair and how long does it last?
Carla M.
Carla M.
Ruckersville, VA
What does this shampoo does? Is it worth the try or still to another line?