L'Oréal Extraordinary Clay Pre-Shampoo Treatment Mask

BY L'ORÉAL PARIS

Discover the purifying power of Extraordinary Clay, our first shampoo system with 3 refined clays.

Before you shampoo, start with this clay mask on dry hair.

Apply generously to roots to deeply absorb oils + impurities.

Up to 48 HR Purified Roots + Hydrated Ends.*

*BASED ON USING THE COMPLETE SYSTEM OF PRE-SHAMPOO TREATMENT, SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER

• How well does this work on your hair 1 Answers
  • I'd really love to try! Any experiences with this so far??? 2 Answers
  • My hair is dry and my my roots are oily, this is really good for me? 1 Answers
L'Oréal Extraordinary Clay Pre-Shampoo Treatment  Mask
L'Oréal Extraordinary Clay Pre-Shampoo Treatment Mask
Jessica N.
Jessica N.
Brockton, MA
Wellness Guru Expert
I received this product complimentary for review.

This is a very odd product in my honest opinion. I love that it's innovative and it's a cool concept. I just had no idea how to use it! It took me a few tries to actually get the hang of applying this product. I will be honest- it was kind of awkward the first few tries because I've never done anything like it before. I love the texture but the scent is a little odd to me. I do find it fun and would do it as a girls night thing or something! But I don't think I have the time to do this often. It does what it claims and I thoroughly enjoy using the product!
Christina F.
Christina F.
Mount Holly , NC
I didn't really like the mask at all. I think maybe if it were used for someone with extremely oily roots, but it dried my roots out so bad I felt like they were going to break when I combed my hair after the shower. I liked the shampoo and conditioner that came with the kit, I just wasn't a fan of the mask. I will recommend it to clients that I have with EXTREMELY oily roots and see if it helps them. I did feel like it would probably help people with flat hair as well. I think it was a great idea and a great product, just not for me.

I received this free from @influenster but all opinions are my own.
Charity G.
Charity G.
Sanford, FL
I started using this product as a part of a routine with the shampoo and conditioner. The clay mask is very easy to apply, drys quickly, and rinses out with ease. As soon as the product is applied you can feel it working instantly. Since you only have to apply this to your roots you don't have to use very much, even it you have long hair. This product works great but I would recommend following all directions and only applying this about every 48 hours or it could dry out your scalp.

I received this product for free from Influenster for testing purposes, but all opinions are my own.
Lauren F.
Lauren F.
Josephine , TX
I used the complete set of L'Oréal Extraordinary Clay hair products and my hair has never been better! Since I'm pregnant I'm looking for something that will replenish my hair with healthy balance and not all the extra fluff. Not only does this smell great but it works great. I tried it once (in a major rush) without the clay treatment and it was not the same. The pre-treatment makes all the difference in the world. Would definitely buy when I run out. I was given this set as a part of a free trial from L'Oréal and Influenster to review but all opinions are my own.
Ginel M.
Ginel M.
I got to try this product for the entirety of last month, recieved it complimentary from Influenster for reviewing purposes, also I had my grandma try this and I must say it did little to nothing for both of us. We both have very oily scalps and had really high hopes for the product but it fell short. We didn't notice any difference on the cleanliness of the hair and certainly not on the durability of the cleanliness, after those 24h we for sure had to re-wash. It has a nice scent to it and leaves a nice minty sensation on the scalp, but that's about it.
Kimberly P.
Kimberly P.
When I got these products in the mail I was actually really excited about them! Unfortunately, once I started to use them, I noticed that they didn't really make a difference in my oily roots or my dry ends! On the contrary I feel like my roots became more oily and my hair and ends became extremely dry! To be real, who has the time to put on a pre-shampoo mask every time before you shower anyway? Not me! It was very difficult to even apply since my hair is really curly and it kept getting stuck and tangled! I wasn't too happy with these products.
Shannon P.
Shannon P.
lambertville, MI
This Clay Mask worked well on my hair. I only applied it to the crown of my head and my front hairline, as that is where my hair gets super oily. Normally, by mid day, my hair is "shinier" than I like, but after using this mask, my hair still looked clean without product in it!
I would suggest this! I used it with the same brand of shampoo and conditioner, and it worked well. Now to try the product with other shampoo and conditioner to see if it has the same effect!

*I received this product free to try, for an honest opinion*
Ro M.
Ro M.
Denham Spgs, LA
Wellness Guru Expert
I received this product free to try from Influenster and my hair hated it. Soooo, I tried it on my bff. Needless to say, We'll ll definitely have to test it longer, because it isn't her favorite. The shampoo and conditioner were fine, worked great! But the clay mask seemed a bit extra. She promises to keep trying it and keep me posted, but it lasted a little more than 24 hours before her hair was greasy again. Thanks though! And I definitely look forward to more things to try out & review!
Elena T.
Elena T.
I received this for free in a Voxbox and I'm really not impressed with it. I love the packaging and the smell but it didn't manage my oil. I have over processed hair and I try to not wash my hair so often so I don't damage it further. I had high hopes for this to work because my hair gets oily quick but my hair seemed to be more oily as I continued to use it. I found myself having to wash my hair everyday because I couldn't stand all the oil. Overall, I wouldn't re-purchase this product.
Theresa H.
Theresa H.
I did like this mask for treating my oily hair however I found the smell to be a little offputting. I did like that you can use this mask on dry hair so that I don't have to pre-wet my hair before I shower. I use this every once in a while and I find that it keeps my hair non-oily for about two days which is great because I don't wash my hair every single day. It is very easy to use and doesn't drip off your hair! I did receive this item for free and these are my honest opinions!
Alexa K.
Alexa K.
How often do you guys use this ?
Kaitlyn H.
Kaitlyn H.
Is it easy to use? The word clay makes it seem a little tricky to apply, but I would love to help my oily roots out.
Ashley R.
Ashley R.
Pittsburgh, PA
How is this product? Was it any more useful than just using normal shampoo alone?
Crystal Y.
Crystal Y.
Harrisburg, PA
Wellness Guru Expert
Does any one know where you can buy this line? I haven't been able to find it anywhere!
Abby H.
Abby H.
Franklinton, NC
Does this dry out your hair too much and is it even worth purchasing? Does it actually work or is it one of those things that you use because you think it does something but it really doesn't?