BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #76 in Hair Color

L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red HiLights Permanent Creme HiLighting for dark hair lifts 3-4 levels with no pre-lightening required. see more...

• Does this product run when you sweat? I work outside and have hea...3 Answers
  • I have been looking for a really good red dye for my hair. I have...1 Answers
  • Ive colored my hair before with box color. what brand would you p...4 Answers
Kimberly H.
Hudson, FL
Just used this dye today and it came out awesome. i love the color and it makes feel unique. i always wanted to dye my hair and this was my first time doing it. i would recommend this product for someone who is dying their hair for the first time.
Lecia B.
Berea, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product is amazing. My hair was red for nearly 3 years. Red is the hardest color to keep in the hair because it's molecule is the biggest. The smaller the molecule, the deeper it can penetrate into the hair shaft's cuticle layer. It requires a lot of upkeep and touch-ups to keep it looking good. With this product, I only had to do one touch up in between coloring, which I used a semi-permanent hair color with no bleach. This product lightens the hair every time you use it, so each time, you will get a more brighter shade of red. If your hair is really dark, the first time you use the product, you probably won't get a very bright red, but it is less damaging than bleach because of this reason. Getting to the level in the picture was probably after using this product all over two or three times.
Chelsea C.
Flagstaff, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is the best color I have found for darker hair. If you are looking for that truly bright fire engine red with no pre lightening this is what you want. This hicolor Hair Color Works amazing I use it with 20 volume developer and my hair comes out a super bright red with no bleach or lightener at all. It's not crazy expensive with each tube being about $6 each when my hair was all the way down to my rear end I only needed three tubes which seems like a lot but I also have very thick hair. If you have darker hair and want brighter colors with less effort and less damage this is absolutely your product. I have about a medium chocolate brown color for my natural hair and this honestly gives me the brightest red I have ever achieved without bleach or lightener and I feel like it truly keeps my hair from being overly damaged.
Jaci V.
Irving, TX
I absolutely love using this red! I mix it with a little other color to get the exact color that's on my hair but it leaves my hair soft, manageable, and not dry! This is now become my sig. color! Absolutely love using this red! I mix it with a little other color to get the exact color that's on my hair but it leaves my hair soft, manageable, and not dry! This is now become my signature. I'm known for the "beautiful red head"! No bleach needed! I went from my natural dark brown Latina hair to this..used a 40 developer. I wouldn't recommend that you use any developer over a 20 or a 30 unless you absolutely know what you are doing! L'Oréal Excellence HiColor Red
Bernadette T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love using this hair dye, it works great. I use this with 30 vol. developer and leave it on for 30 minutes. It leaves me with the perfect shade of red.
Trista B.
St. Catharines , ON
Beauty Junkie Expert
Such a beautiful result to this dye ♡
Would highly recommend for any and all dark hair people who want to go red in least damaging way possible
Nancy S.
Philadelphia, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this color. I mixed it with the hicolor magenta and it made a really beautiful red. Normally I have a hard time getting colors to show up on my dark hair but I mixed it with developer and it came out great. It was a great price I got three tubes of the dye and the developer for $13 online. Will definitely be dying my hair this color again
Jo K.
Sioux City, IA
I absolutely love this color. I was using box dyes prior and one day someone suggested trying this one. I have been in love with the color and outcome ever since and would strongly recommend this product to anyone looking for a bright red hair color. I can't seem to go anywhere without receiving compliments on my hair.
Katie C.
Huge fan of this brand because this is finally a product that is made for darker hair people. As a product, they are great because they use a higher volume developer (normally a 30 unless you are just retouching what you have already done) to lift your natural hair color one to two shades as it deposits color. I feel blessed to have found them because I always have the same color of hair no matter how many different times that I use the same color with periods in between. The only thing that I would have to say is that this product can be a bit drying to the hair but overall whenever it comes to a permanent hair dye there are always moments when you get dry hair due to the ammonia. This is easily fixed with a protein based conditioner. If you want more of a darker red they also have a line that is called loreal chroma reds which are made for all different types of hair and is 100% gray coverage.
Misty D.
Champaign, IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Bought this trying to get my hair from brown to a bright red. Holy crap! If you're looking to get from dark brown to red with out bleaching then look no farther. I used a 20 developer and it brought my hair to a nice red. I love how inexpensive it is and it last well.
Haley R.
Milner, GA
Ive colored my hair before with box color. what brand would you prefer
Erica S.
Does this product run when you sweat? I work outside and have heard of some people sweating it out of their hair. . making a Carrie effect....
Eileen L.
GLENDALE, Arizona
I have been looking for a really good red dye for my hair. I have seen this in Sally's stores and have contemplated on if I should try it. Can anyone tell me how intense the red is on already color treated hair? Also does it last long? Most red I've tried lately doesn't last more than a couple washes (and that's with color shampoo) Thanks!
My hair is dyed a dark red color, can I use this on my hair to brighten it with out it turning green?
If my hair is already dyed a red color, it’s faded now Can I still use this even if it’s meant for dark hair