BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #84 in Hair Color

L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red HiLights Permanent Creme HiLighting for dark hair lifts 3-4 levels with no pre-lightening required. see more...

• Does this product run when you sweat? I work outside and have hea...3 Answers
  • I have been looking for a really good red dye for my hair. I have...1 Answers
  • Ive colored my hair before with box color. what brand would you p...4 Answers
Shar R.
I do hair for a living and this I can get from Sally's when Cosmo Prof isn't open. It does work pretty well, however it does not last very long at all. I would take caution if you have light hair. This is ONLY for dark hair that hasn't been bleached or processed before.
Moody R.
Compton, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
At the time i used this dye. I hadn't bleached my hair in months so it was a nice light brown color and it gave a nice wine red hue to my hair.
Ashley M.
Cave Creek, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought this dye at Sallys, thinking I would get like a hint of red in my hair since I have naturally black hair. I was so wrong I applied the dye and 30-40 mins later I come out of the shower with a vibrant sexy (not little mermaid) red. I will warn you though, it can be a bit damaging and a good shampoo and conditioner would be be useful if you plan on using this product. Typically last 4-7 weeks if you take good care of it.
alexandra t.
Wakefield
Beauty Junkie Expert
I used to use this all the time before I went back dark, it was the only colour that would take on my naturally dark hair and bring it to the red I was wanting! If you intend on using this make sure you do your research and use the correct amount to mix with. The colour lasts for ages too it doesn't fade as quickly as the over the counter reds I had used in the past.
Lindsay D.
Fall river, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this Color!! It always comes out so vibrant and pretty when I do it. It do sent fade quickly in my hair either which is something big for me when picking hair colors!
Tiffany S.
Sarnia Ontario
As you can see, I have red hair. This is the stuff I use! My go to hair dye when I need to redo my roots. (Arctic fox is what I use when I don't need to do my roots, less damaging)

I did end up dying my hair black on the one side so I had half black half red hair. I got it done at first choice (would not recommend). I guess the black the was used was REALLY permanent. I wanted to get rid of the black. I went through two boxes + 40 developer. to have it do nothing. I used colour remover and then bleached my hair and tried again. It took to my hair but you can still see a brown through the red. And it's less bright compared to the other side. But you can't really tell. Anyway good product though! Would recommend if you want bright red hair!

(I usually get away with a box and a half of this stuff and my hair is almost passed my ribs, just as a kind of helpful tip I guess and I use 30 developer)
Hannah T.
Opelousas, LA
This color is super bright and a high lift color. I went to cosmetology school and I am not the biggest fan of store bought color but this really does work. Keep in mind that red is the hardest color to maintain because it fades very quickly. You will spend money maintaining the vividness of red. It also stains the hair, so if you cover the red with a darker color and wanna go lighter later, if that red is still there, your hair will have to bleach through that red dye. It is a commitment but if you know you want it, this color is very great.
Paige F.
Westminster, MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
Very intense bright red, great pigmentation but fades very quickly and to a gross color
Natalie P.
Wilton Manors, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Let me begin by saying WOW!! I'm in love with this color. The perfect formulation for lightening dark hair without having to bleach it. I started dying my hair red years ago with my hair dresser but she was never able to get it the tone of red I wanted unless she bleached my hair. I have long, thin hair and was afraid of damaging it so I dealt with a darker red. I actually used this color years ago for some highlights and completely forgot about this product. When cleaning out my vanity I came across and unused bottle and decided to give it a try. Within one application i was able to achieve the richness and lightness of the color red I had craved for so long. So happy I reconnected with this amazing product. I would suggest touching your roots up with this color but not continuously running the color through the ends. This product does contain some bleach and you don't want to fry your hair with over coloring. Simply use a nonpermanent vegan product such as manic panic to refresh your color. Red is the hardest color to maintain so also make sure you invest in a color replenishing shampoo and conditioner. You can also use a red glaze and add it to your existing shampoo treatment.
Alyssa L.
I picked this color at Sally Beauty Supply store & was very wearey about it. The due was nice, but the color didn't last long. Usually my hair is the best at taking and keeping dyes, but I guess not this dye. I'm not sure if I will use it again in the future.
Haley R.
Milner, GA
Ive colored my hair before with box color. what brand would you prefer
Erica S.
Does this product run when you sweat? I work outside and have heard of some people sweating it out of their hair. . making a Carrie effect....
Eileen L.
GLENDALE, Arizona
I have been looking for a really good red dye for my hair. I have seen this in Sally's stores and have contemplated on if I should try it. Can anyone tell me how intense the red is on already color treated hair? Also does it last long? Most red I've tried lately doesn't last more than a couple washes (and that's with color shampoo) Thanks!
My hair is dyed a dark red color, can I use this on my hair to brighten it with out it turning green?
If my hair is already dyed a red color, it’s faded now Can I still use this even if it’s meant for dark hair