BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #74 in Hair Color

L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red HiLights Permanent Creme HiLighting for dark hair lifts 3-4 levels with no pre-lightening required. see more...

• Does this product run when you sweat? I work outside and have heard...3 Answers
  • I have been looking for a really good red dye for my hair. I have s...1 Answers
  • Ive colored my hair before with box color. what brand would you prefer4 Answers
Nancy S.
Nancy S.
Philadelphia, PA
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red
I love this color. I mixed it with the hicolor magenta and it made a really beautiful red. Normally I have a hard time getting colors to show up on my dark hair but I mixed it with developer and it came out great. It was a great price I got three tubes of the dye and the developer for $13 online. Will definitely be dying my hair this color again
Jo K.
Jo K.
Sioux City, IA
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red
I absolutely love this color. I was using box dyes prior and one day someone suggested trying this one. I have been in love with the color and outcome ever since and would strongly recommend this product to anyone looking for a bright red hair color. I can't seem to go anywhere without receiving compliments on my hair.
Shar R.
Shar R.
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red
I do hair for a living and this I can get from Sally's when Cosmo Prof isn't open. It does work pretty well, however it does not last very long at all. I would take caution if you have light hair. This is ONLY for dark hair that hasn't been bleached or processed before.
Elaine I.
Elaine I.
Chattanooga , TN
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red
This is my favorite red dye when I want the intense Ariel, mermaid red without a need to bleach. Simple one step red. If you have long hair, you might need two tubes. I have hair past my shoulders and I only dye the top half and use an entire tube. TIP: Lay old towels around your sink and keep a dedicated hair towel, this stuff will stain!
Reyna M.
Reyna M.
Merced, CA
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red
Used this to give my friend highlights & it works amazing. Didn't use any bleach and her highlights came out res. Not a solid solid red because it mixed with her hair color, but they still popped out. I was amazed. Definitely recommend it.
Citlali D.
Citlali D.
Costa Mesa, CA
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red
So I bought these last month. I believe I got a red and it worked! My hair is not super bright red like I thought it would but it came out to a dark burgundy color and I love it hopefully as I keep touching it up it will become lighter! Which is exactly what I want
Anahi C.
Anahi C.
Baytown, TX
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red
By far the best red hair dye I have gotten I was using before the AGE products and Ion and both of them faded and gave me a copper look after a few washes. This one has lasted wayyy more and it is still an intense red well since my hair is naturally dark brown it gave me the perfect burgundy color
Misty D.
Misty D.
Champaign, IL
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red
Bought this trying to get my hair from brown to a bright red. Holy crap! If you're looking to get from dark brown to red with out bleaching then look no farther. I used a 20 developer and it brought my hair to a nice red. I love how inexpensive it is and it last well.
Tiffany S.
Tiffany S.
Sarnia Ontario
As you can see, I have red hair. This is the stuff I use! My go to hair dye when I need to redo my roots. (Arctic fox is what I use when I don't need to do my roots, less damaging)

I did end up dying my hair black on the one side so I had half black half red hair. I got it done at first choice (would not recommend). I guess the black the was used was REALLY permanent. I wanted to get rid of the black. I went through two boxes + 40 developer. to have it do nothing. I used colour remover and then bleached my hair and tried again. It took to my hair but you can still see a brown through the red. And it's less bright compared to the other side. But you can't really tell. Anyway good product though! Would recommend if you want bright red hair!

(I usually get away with a box and a half of this stuff and my hair is almost passed my ribs, just as a kind of helpful tip I guess and I use 30 developer)
alexandra t.
alexandra t.
Wakefield
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red
I used to use this all the time before I went back dark, it was the only colour that would take on my naturally dark hair and bring it to the red I was wanting! If you intend on using this make sure you do your research and use the correct amount to mix with. The colour lasts for ages too it doesn't fade as quickly as the over the counter reds I had used in the past.
Haley R.
Haley R.
Milner, GA
Ive colored my hair before with box color. what brand would you prefer
Erica S.
Erica S.
Does this product run when you sweat? I work outside and have heard of some people sweating it out of their hair. . making a Carrie effect....
Eileen L.
Eileen L.
GLENDALE, Arizona
I have been looking for a really good red dye for my hair. I have seen this in Sally's stores and have contemplated on if I should try it. Can anyone tell me how intense the red is on already color treated hair? Also does it last long? Most red I've tried lately doesn't last more than a couple washes (and that's with color shampoo) Thanks!