BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #54 in Hair Color

L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red HiLights Permanent Creme HiLighting for dark hair lifts 3-4 levels with no pre-lightening required. see more...

• Does this product run when you sweat? I work outside and have heard...3 Answers
  • I have been looking for a really good red dye for my hair. I have s...1 Answers
  • Ive colored my hair before with box color. what brand would you prefer4 Answers
cecilia r.
cecilia r.
N Ft Myers, FL
This hair color is also one of my  go to best red color lating die I always get the strongest developer to mix mostly because my hairs so thick and sometimes I go from black or dark fadeing black back to red so that's why I use the strongest I would recommend to everyone great prouduct value and price I get mine at Sally's beauty store.
Cherise M.
Cherise M.
YES!!! if your looking for stand out bright blood red hair this is YOUR ticket!!!! Out of all the colors I've ever had in my hair this was my favorite! Like all reds though it can tend to fade quickly. So I added some of the color to my shampoo to keep it bright! For reference I am naturally a level six. Dark ash blonde. And there was no need for lightening.
Loretta V.
Loretta V.
Baltimore, Maryland (MD)
The best permanent red I've ever tried. Been using it for over 10 years. I use with volume 30 and leave on for an hour. It makes my strawberry blonde/light brown hair super red. I wash with cold water once a week to maintain vibrancy. I get compliments everywhere I go.
Alicia P.
Alicia P.
Billings, MT
I've had great results using this product, it really lifts dark hair and leaves a beautiful red pigment. I dyed over previously dyed purple hair and the results were fantastic. I recommend using a tube of Red with a tube of HiColor magenta to get a beautiful, bold pink/red hair color. My only warning is beware of hot roots! If you have light colored roots (like my blonde roots) but dark, dyed hair than you'll want to apply this to your roots last and also buy a bottle of Loreal deep red to go over your roots if they end up looking too fire engine red. Too late? Use an old tube of mascara and apply to your roots. I use a water proof mascara to fill in the roots to have a natural, dark to red fade that no one notices.
Kristen N.
Kristen N.
Excellent product! I mix this with Magenta to get the perfect burgundy red. I have dark hair and it was such a struggle to find something that would actually show up in my hair without having to bleach it first. When I came across this dye I fell in love. It's so easy to use and will forever be in dying routine.
Michelle S.
Michelle S.
This hair color is awesome. I've been using it for a while & it colors my dark hair the red I was looking for.  Compared to others I've tried, this one had been the one I purchase more often. It's easy to use, just add developer & apply. I buy it as often as I can because it makes my hair look awesome.
Danielle M.
Danielle M.
Piqua, OH
I have been dying my hair red for several years now. When I tell you that it does require a lot of up keep. Especially when you love to have bright red hair! Usually it fades after a few washes or it doesn't look right. I hate box hair dye. So when I went to Sallys Beauty Supply store and came across this hair dye. I was not disappointed! I love this dye! For me, it didn't fade until about a month later. Mind you, everyone is different when it comes to hair dye. It is made for dark hair, so if you want it to be brighter, then you need to be on top of it. I do highly recommend this hair color. Just remember you have to hand mix it yourself and have to buy the developer separately! If you are unsure on how to use it or mix it properly. Ask someone who does know! This dye does stain easily! Trust me, my shower looked as if I murdered someone!!!
ceecee m.
ceecee m.
Sacramento , CA
This works good ! I've tried other brands and they dont work or last long as this one . If you mix this color red and magenta its really pretty . I been using this brand for a fee years and i get compliments every day on my hair
Megan D.
Megan D.
Used this multiple times along with the shade red to achieve the perfect hair color at home without too much damage, definitely better because you dont have to bleach your hair first. I love the color and it lasts a long time.
marely m.
marely m.
Las vegas, NV
If you have dark hair and want to go bright red, this is the product for you! This is what I always use to color my hair and to touch up. You don't have to worry about bleaching your hair or anything crazy. You will get bright, even, beautiful red hair every time!
Haley R.
Haley R.
Milner, GA
Ive colored my hair before with box color. what brand would you prefer
Erica S.
Erica S.
Does this product run when you sweat? I work outside and have heard of some people sweating it out of their hair. . making a Carrie effect....
Eileen L.
Eileen L.
GLENDALE, Arizona
I have been looking for a really good red dye for my hair. I have seen this in Sally's stores and have contemplated on if I should try it. Can anyone tell me how intense the red is on already color treated hair? Also does it last long? Most red I've tried lately doesn't last more than a couple washes (and that's with color shampoo) Thanks!