BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #83 in Hair Color

L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red HiLights Permanent Creme HiLighting for dark hair lifts 3-4 levels with no pre-lightening required. see more...

• Does this product run when you sweat? I work outside and have hea...3 Answers
  • I have been looking for a really good red dye for my hair. I have...1 Answers
  • Ive colored my hair before with box color. what brand would you p...4 Answers
Kristen N.
Excellent product! I mix this with Magenta to get the perfect burgundy red. I have dark hair and it was such a struggle to find something that would actually show up in my hair without having to bleach it first. When I came across this dye I fell in love. It's so easy to use and will forever be in dying routine.
Michelle S.
This hair color is awesome. I've been using it for a while & it colors my dark hair the red I was looking for.  Compared to others I've tried, this one had been the one I purchase more often. It's easy to use, just add developer & apply. I buy it as often as I can because it makes my hair look awesome.
Danielle M.
Piqua, OH
I have been dying my hair red for several years now. When I tell you that it does require a lot of up keep. Especially when you love to have bright red hair! Usually it fades after a few washes or it doesn't look right. I hate box hair dye. So when I went to Sallys Beauty Supply store and came across this hair dye. I was not disappointed! I love this dye! For me, it didn't fade until about a month later. Mind you, everyone is different when it comes to hair dye. It is made for dark hair, so if you want it to be brighter, then you need to be on top of it. I do highly recommend this hair color. Just remember you have to hand mix it yourself and have to buy the developer separately! If you are unsure on how to use it or mix it properly. Ask someone who does know! This dye does stain easily! Trust me, my shower looked as if I murdered someone!!!
Natalie P.
Wilton Manors, FL
Let me begin by saying WOW!! I'm in love with this color. The perfect formulation for lightening dark hair without having to bleach it. I started dying my hair red years ago with my hair dresser but she was never able to get it the tone of red I wanted unless she bleached my hair. I have long, thin hair and was afraid of damaging it so I dealt with a darker red. I actually used this color years ago for some highlights and completely forgot about this product. When cleaning out my vanity I came across and unused bottle and decided to give it a try. Within one application i was able to achieve the richness and lightness of the color red I had craved for so long. So happy I reconnected with this amazing product. I would suggest touching your roots up with this color but not continuously running the color through the ends. This product does contain some bleach and you don't want to fry your hair with over coloring. Simply use a nonpermanent vegan product such as manic panic to refresh your color. Red is the hardest color to maintain so also make sure you invest in a color replenishing shampoo and conditioner. You can also use a red glaze and add it to your existing shampoo treatment.
Lauren V.
I purchased this at my Sally beauty store and I can’t tell you enough how happy I am with it. I don’t need to strip my hair the color came out exactly how I wanted it. The only thing I would change is that when you don’t put the dye on any one part of your hair it WONT dye it.
Megan D.
Used this multiple times along with the shade red to achieve the perfect hair color at home without too much damage, definitely better because you dont have to bleach your hair first. I love the color and it lasts a long time.
marely m.
Las vegas, NV
If you have dark hair and want to go bright red, this is the product for you! This is what I always use to color my hair and to touch up. You don't have to worry about bleaching your hair or anything crazy. You will get bright, even, beautiful red hair every time!
Selina A.
Humble, TX
I love this product . I have use this about 7 times I love mixing the color to make my own . I love the fact that I don't have to bleach it I just put the dye on and that's it . I never been disappointed with the product .
Elizabeth P.
Staten Island
Amazing. Although I can not wash my hair much after using this or else my grout gets dyed pink- it's the best red I've ever tried.. especially for not having to bleach first. Usually mix with the magenta. It's fantastic
ceecee m.
Sacramento , CA
This works good ! I've tried other brands and they dont work or last long as this one . If you mix this color red and magenta its really pretty . I been using this brand for a fee years and i get compliments every day on my hair
Haley R.
Griffin, GA
Ive colored my hair before with box color. what brand would you prefer
Erica S.
Does this product run when you sweat? I work outside and have heard of some people sweating it out of their hair. . making a Carrie effect....
Eileen L.
GLENDALE, Arizona
I have been looking for a really good red dye for my hair. I have seen this in Sally's stores and have contemplated on if I should try it. Can anyone tell me how intense the red is on already color treated hair? Also does it last long? Most red I've tried lately doesn't last more than a couple washes (and that's with color shampoo) Thanks!
If my hair is already dyed a red color, it’s faded now Can I still use this even if it’s meant for dark hair
My hair is dyed a dark red color, can I use this on my hair to brighten it with out it turning green?