BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #83 in Hair Color

L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red HiLights Permanent Creme HiLighting for dark hair lifts 3-4 levels with no pre-lightening required. see more...

• Does this product run when you sweat? I work outside and have hea...3 Answers
  • I have been looking for a really good red dye for my hair. I have...1 Answers
  • Ive colored my hair before with box color. what brand would you p...4 Answers
Veronica C.
Kenosha, WI
So I've alway used splat hair color red .. I saw a video of a girl doing her roots with this L'Oréal hair color an I copied her to the end.. all my doubts gone!! This product was so easy to mix. When I washed it of my skin I didn't stay marked red , just a bit but I went away in a day! I didn't have it all over my walls in the shower! It is made for dark hair.. the color Vibrant!! A must use if your trying to go all red an your hair is dark!!
Nancy S.
Philadelphia, PA
I love this color. I mixed it with the hicolor magenta and it made a really beautiful red. Normally I have a hard time getting colors to show up on my dark hair but I mixed it with developer and it came out great. It was a great price I got three tubes of the dye and the developer for $13 online. Will definitely be dying my hair this color again
Ashley M.
Cave Creek, AZ
I bought this dye at Sallys, thinking I would get like a hint of red in my hair since I have naturally black hair. I was so wrong I applied the dye and 30-40 mins later I come out of the shower with a vibrant sexy (not little mermaid) red. I will warn you though, it can be a bit damaging and a good shampoo and conditioner would be be useful if you plan on using this product. Typically last 4-7 weeks if you take good care of it.
Cherise M.
YES!!! if your looking for stand out bright blood red hair this is YOUR ticket!!!! Out of all the colors I've ever had in my hair this was my favorite! Like all reds though it can tend to fade quickly. So I added some of the color to my shampoo to keep it bright! For reference I am naturally a level six. Dark ash blonde. And there was no need for lightening.
cecilia r.
N Ft Myers, FL
This hair color is also one of my  go to best red color lating die I always get the strongest developer to mix mostly because my hairs so thick and sometimes I go from black or dark fadeing black back to red so that's why I use the strongest I would recommend to everyone great prouduct value and price I get mine at Sally's beauty store.
Jo K.
Sioux City, IA
I absolutely love this color. I was using box dyes prior and one day someone suggested trying this one. I have been in love with the color and outcome ever since and would strongly recommend this product to anyone looking for a bright red hair color. I can't seem to go anywhere without receiving compliments on my hair.
Loretta V.
Baltimore, Maryland (MD)
The best permanent red I've ever tried. Been using it for over 10 years. I use with volume 30 and leave on for an hour. It makes my strawberry blonde/light brown hair super red. I wash with cold water once a week to maintain vibrancy. I get compliments everywhere I go.
Alicia P.
Billings, MT
I've had great results using this product, it really lifts dark hair and leaves a beautiful red pigment. I dyed over previously dyed purple hair and the results were fantastic. I recommend using a tube of Red with a tube of HiColor magenta to get a beautiful, bold pink/red hair color. My only warning is beware of hot roots! If you have light colored roots (like my blonde roots) but dark, dyed hair than you'll want to apply this to your roots last and also buy a bottle of Loreal deep red to go over your roots if they end up looking too fire engine red. Too late? Use an old tube of mascara and apply to your roots. I use a water proof mascara to fill in the roots to have a natural, dark to red fade that no one notices.
Lecia B.
Berea, KY
This product is amazing. My hair was red for nearly 3 years. Red is the hardest color to keep in the hair because it's molecule is the biggest. The smaller the molecule, the deeper it can penetrate into the hair shaft's cuticle layer. It requires a lot of upkeep and touch-ups to keep it looking good. With this product, I only had to do one touch up in between coloring, which I used a semi-permanent hair color with no bleach. This product lightens the hair every time you use it, so each time, you will get a more brighter shade of red. If your hair is really dark, the first time you use the product, you probably won't get a very bright red, but it is less damaging than bleach because of this reason. Getting to the level in the picture was probably after using this product all over two or three times.
Christina R.
Maple Shade, NJ
HAIR COLOR IS AMAZING. The only red hair dye I've used that is actually a vibrant red that STAYS and doesn't fade out. The color is easy to apply and o used a red protein filled with it. So happy with this product
Haley R.
Griffin, GA
Ive colored my hair before with box color. what brand would you prefer
Erica S.
Does this product run when you sweat? I work outside and have heard of some people sweating it out of their hair. . making a Carrie effect....
Eileen L.
GLENDALE, Arizona
I have been looking for a really good red dye for my hair. I have seen this in Sally's stores and have contemplated on if I should try it. Can anyone tell me how intense the red is on already color treated hair? Also does it last long? Most red I've tried lately doesn't last more than a couple washes (and that's with color shampoo) Thanks!
If my hair is already dyed a red color, it’s faded now Can I still use this even if it’s meant for dark hair
My hair is dyed a dark red color, can I use this on my hair to brighten it with out it turning green?