BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #94 in Hair Color

L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red HiLights Permanent Creme HiLighting for dark hair lifts 3-4 levels with no pre-lightening required. see more...

• Does this product run when you sweat? I work outside and have heard...3 Answers
  • I have been looking for a really good red dye for my hair. I have s...1 Answers
  • Ive colored my hair before with box color. what brand would you prefer4 Answers
Lecia B.
Lecia B.
Berea, KY
This product is amazing. My hair was red for nearly 3 years. Red is the hardest color to keep in the hair because it's molecule is the biggest. The smaller the molecule, the deeper it can penetrate into the hair shaft's cuticle layer. It requires a lot of upkeep and touch-ups to keep it looking good. With this product, I only had to do one touch up in between coloring, which I used a semi-permanent hair color with no bleach. This product lightens the hair every time you use it, so each time, you will get a more brighter shade of red. If your hair is really dark, the first time you use the product, you probably won't get a very bright red, but it is less damaging than bleach because of this reason. Getting to the level in the picture was probably after using this product all over two or three times.
Hannah T.
Hannah T.
Opelousas , LA
This color is super bright and a high lift color. I went to cosmetology school and I am not the biggest fan of store bought color but this really does work. Keep in mind that red is the hardest color to maintain because it fades very quickly. You will spend money maintaining the vividness of red. It also stains the hair, so if you cover the red with a darker color and wanna go lighter later, if that red is still there, your hair will have to bleach through that red dye. It is a commitment but if you know you want it, this color is very great.
Tara P.
Tara P.
E Pennsboro, PA
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red
I am forever grateful I discovered this product when I first dyed my hair red. After a box dye didn't do justice, I found this at my local hair shop and decided to pick it up. The color is INCREDIBLE and it's so easy to use! This is the ONLY product I buy for my hair and I've been red for over a year now. It is not damaging, it lasts awhile, and it's VERY vibrant! I never thought my hair could be this vibrant without pre bleaching! Even if I get lazy and don't touch up my roots for awhile ( which is pretty much all the time ) this stays bright, or fades into a soft red/darker pink on my hair. I love it so much and I recommend this to everyone! I will never use another product. It's so cheap too! I have really long hair, and to do my whole head it takes 2(maybe 3) boxes! But for roots only ever a box. Don't hesitate to purchase this item!
Jaci V.
Jaci V.
Irving, TX
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red
I absolutely love using this red! I mix it with a little other color to get the exact color that's on my hair but it leaves my hair soft, manageable, and not dry! This is now become my sig. color! Absolutely love using this red! I mix it with a little other color to get the exact color that's on my hair but it leaves my hair soft, manageable, and not dry! This is now become my signature. I'm known for the "beautiful red head"! No bleach needed! I went from my natural dark brown Latina hair to this..used a 40 developer. I wouldn't recommend that you use any developer over a 20 or a 30 unless you absolutely know what you are doing! L'Oréal Excellence HiColor Red
Hadelisse R.
Hadelisse R.
Been using this for years! 4+ to be exact. this color always picks up. It stays in for a while and covers most colors. I had soft black with green and blue and blonde, from lifting it many sessions ago lol but it actualloo y covered and have ohit a hi lites look like the box states. definitely get two tubes if your hair is medium length because these tubes are smaller. and trust me you will like the color. nice for the fall/winter time. :)
Kayla K.
Kayla K.
Monaca, PA
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red
I had always wanted to try bright red hair but I didn't have the money to go to the salon and get my hair professionally done so I did some research and found this dye at my local Sallys. My hair was a medium/dark brown and this dye worked wonders without me having to bleach my hair! It was easy to use and turned my hair an awesome bright shade of red. I absolutely loved the color and even recommended this dye to some of my other friends who were doing their own hair at home. I would definitely repurchase this again if I was planning on going red again. I included a photo of a beforw and after on my hair.
Adrienne S.
Adrienne S.
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red
First off - my hair doesn't keep color very well and we all know red is one of the hardest to keep. I went through alot of reds and searched the internet and found through videos that people had luck with this brand. I bought two boxes of this from Sally's, use color protein with it, and volume developer. I was so suprised at how bright red my hair was and how long it lasted! Usually after a few showers, my hair color would fade out. Definitely would buy this brand again even in another color. Great stuff
Jessica K.
Jessica K.
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red
I love the reds in the HiColor Reds line.  Currently this is what is in my hair. I didn't have to prelighten, but if you want to the color is super intense. The only drawback is you do have to use a developer but it's not that big of a negative thing.  And because it's a red it does fade and wash out. Use cool water and a shampoo that is for color hair.
Veronica C.
Veronica C.
Kenosha, WI
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red
So I've alway used splat hair color red .. I saw a video of a girl doing her roots with this L'Oréal hair color an I copied her to the end.. all my doubts gone!! This product was so easy to mix. When I washed it of my skin I didn't stay marked red , just a bit but I went away in a day! I didn't have it all over my walls in the shower! It is made for dark hair.. the color Vibrant!! A must use if your trying to go all red an your hair is dark!!
Cherise M.
Cherise M.
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red
YES!!! if your looking for stand out bright blood red hair this is YOUR ticket!!!! Out of all the colors I've ever had in my hair this was my favorite! Like all reds though it can tend to fade quickly. So I added some of the color to my shampoo to keep it bright! For reference I am naturally a level six. Dark ash blonde. And there was no need for lightening.
Haley R.
Haley R.
Milner, GA
Ive colored my hair before with box color. what brand would you prefer
Erica S.
Erica S.
Does this product run when you sweat? I work outside and have heard of some people sweating it out of their hair. . making a Carrie effect....
Eileen L.
Eileen L.
GLENDALE, Arizona
I have been looking for a really good red dye for my hair. I have seen this in Sally's stores and have contemplated on if I should try it. Can anyone tell me how intense the red is on already color treated hair? Also does it last long? Most red I've tried lately doesn't last more than a couple washes (and that's with color shampoo) Thanks!