BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #84 in Hair Color

L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red HiLights Permanent Creme HiLighting for dark hair lifts 3-4 levels with no pre-lightening required. see more...

• Does this product run when you sweat? I work outside and have hea...3 Answers
  • I have been looking for a really good red dye for my hair. I have...1 Answers
  • Ive colored my hair before with box color. what brand would you p...4 Answers
Chelsea C.
Flagstaff, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is the best color I have found for darker hair. If you are looking for that truly bright fire engine red with no pre lightening this is what you want. This hicolor Hair Color Works amazing I use it with 20 volume developer and my hair comes out a super bright red with no bleach or lightener at all. It's not crazy expensive with each tube being about $6 each when my hair was all the way down to my rear end I only needed three tubes which seems like a lot but I also have very thick hair. If you have darker hair and want brighter colors with less effort and less damage this is absolutely your product. I have about a medium chocolate brown color for my natural hair and this honestly gives me the brightest red I have ever achieved without bleach or lightener and I feel like it truly keeps my hair from being overly damaged.
Heather B.
Sevierville , TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am in love with this product! I mix red & the magenta (by this same brand) and it is the exact color I have always wanted! I’ve colored my hair twice now like this and I have to say I love it! My only concern is that my ends faded after a month which isn’t too much of a big deal because red is known to fade fast & with how fast my hair grows I needed to color again in a month anyhow. I get my color from Sally’s which always has it for a great price! I’ll never go back to buying boxed drugstore colors again! I added a photo of me & my hair for reference ;) Also I use 40 volume developer since I have pretty dark hair.
Raechel H.
Elizabethtown
this made my hair so bright it was unbelievable. i love this product. so creamy and easy to apply for me who was a beginner at using hair dye when i first used this product. this was pretty cheap was is great quality for the final result. i would totally buy again and suggest
Jessica T.
Holly Hill, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is such a great hair dye. It can be used on dark hair that is not already dyed and make it a beautiful red color. If hair has been dyed and is dark you may need to lighten it before coloring. This is my go to dye when I want yo go red.
Lauren V.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I purchased this at my Sally beauty store and I can’t tell you enough how happy I am with it. I don’t need to strip my hair the color came out exactly how I wanted it. The only thing I would change is that when you don’t put the dye on any one part of your hair it WONT dye it.
Rana S.
Dearborn Hts, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
Dyed my hair once a month with this product and covers it all and the color it shows up after drying is spectacular. Better than other alternatives. Very easy to use if you have all the necessary tools and products.
Alyssa C.
Campbellsvlle, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
By far my favorite red hair color. It's not harsh on my hair! It gives a bright, beautiful, vibrant red color without bleaching!!! That's the best part! I've never seen another brand create anything like this!
Tara P.
E Pennsboro, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am forever grateful I discovered this product when I first dyed my hair red. After a box dye didn't do justice, I found this at my local hair shop and decided to pick it up. The color is INCREDIBLE and it's so easy to use! This is the ONLY product I buy for my hair and I've been red for over a year now. It is not damaging, it lasts awhile, and it's VERY vibrant! I never thought my hair could be this vibrant without pre bleaching! Even if I get lazy and don't touch up my roots for awhile ( which is pretty much all the time ) this stays bright, or fades into a soft red/darker pink on my hair. I love it so much and I recommend this to everyone! I will never use another product. It's so cheap too! I have really long hair, and to do my whole head it takes 2(maybe 3) boxes! But for roots only ever a box. Don't hesitate to purchase this item!
Jaci V.
Irving, TX
I absolutely love using this red! I mix it with a little other color to get the exact color that's on my hair but it leaves my hair soft, manageable, and not dry! This is now become my sig. color! Absolutely love using this red! I mix it with a little other color to get the exact color that's on my hair but it leaves my hair soft, manageable, and not dry! This is now become my signature. I'm known for the "beautiful red head"! No bleach needed! I went from my natural dark brown Latina hair to this..used a 40 developer. I wouldn't recommend that you use any developer over a 20 or a 30 unless you absolutely know what you are doing! L'Oréal Excellence HiColor Red
Kayla K.
Monaca, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I had always wanted to try bright red hair but I didn't have the money to go to the salon and get my hair professionally done so I did some research and found this dye at my local Sallys. My hair was a medium/dark brown and this dye worked wonders without me having to bleach my hair! It was easy to use and turned my hair an awesome bright shade of red. I absolutely loved the color and even recommended this dye to some of my other friends who were doing their own hair at home. I would definitely repurchase this again if I was planning on going red again. I included a photo of a beforw and after on my hair.
Haley R.
Milner, GA
Ive colored my hair before with box color. what brand would you prefer
Erica S.
Does this product run when you sweat? I work outside and have heard of some people sweating it out of their hair. . making a Carrie effect....
Eileen L.
GLENDALE, Arizona
I have been looking for a really good red dye for my hair. I have seen this in Sally's stores and have contemplated on if I should try it. Can anyone tell me how intense the red is on already color treated hair? Also does it last long? Most red I've tried lately doesn't last more than a couple washes (and that's with color shampoo) Thanks!
My hair is dyed a dark red color, can I use this on my hair to brighten it with out it turning green?
If my hair is already dyed a red color, it’s faded now Can I still use this even if it’s meant for dark hair