BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #94 in Hair Color

L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red HiLights Permanent Creme HiLighting for dark hair lifts 3-4 levels with no pre-lightening required. see more...

• Does this product run when you sweat? I work outside and have heard...3 Answers
  • I have been looking for a really good red dye for my hair. I have s...1 Answers
  • Ive colored my hair before with box color. what brand would you prefer4 Answers
Katie C.
Katie C.
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red
Huge fan of this brand because this is finally a product that is made for darker hair people. As a product, they are great because they use a higher volume developer (normally a 30 unless you are just retouching what you have already done) to lift your natural hair color one to two shades as it deposits color. I feel blessed to have found them because I always have the same color of hair no matter how many different times that I use the same color with periods in between. The only thing that I would have to say is that this product can be a bit drying to the hair but overall whenever it comes to a permanent hair dye there are always moments when you get dry hair due to the ammonia. This is easily fixed with a protein based conditioner. If you want more of a darker red they also have a line that is called loreal chroma reds which are made for all different types of hair and is 100% gray coverage.
Alicia P.
Alicia P.
Billings, MT
I've had great results using this product, it really lifts dark hair and leaves a beautiful red pigment. I dyed over previously dyed purple hair and the results were fantastic. I recommend using a tube of Red with a tube of HiColor magenta to get a beautiful, bold pink/red hair color. My only warning is beware of hot roots! If you have light colored roots (like my blonde roots) but dark, dyed hair than you'll want to apply this to your roots last and also buy a bottle of Loreal deep red to go over your roots if they end up looking too fire engine red. Too late? Use an old tube of mascara and apply to your roots. I use a water proof mascara to fill in the roots to have a natural, dark to red fade that no one notices.
Precilla B.
Precilla B.
Lafayette, LA
When my red hair dye I had been using the last 8 years was discontinued I was lost. I knew I had to begin the tedious process of trial and error with finding that perfect shade of red. I tried several brands and they always missed the mark, either too bright or too dark, they faded too quickly, or required bleaching. After being a dyed redhead for 15 years my hair hd already seen some trauma, I didn't want to expose it to more. I got this on a whim and so glad that I did! No need to bleach ( although prior bleaching had made my hair near strawberry blonde). It was simple and cheap and it lasts! It's now my new go to. So happy I found it!
Brandy W.
Brandy W.
San Diego, CA
My go-to red dye! I absolutely love the vivid red that this color gives my hair! I use 40 developer to get a really, rich red. Anyone looking for a beautiful, bright shade of red- I recommend this product! It will always be my favorite red hair dye. It fades quickly with washes, so I try to do a deep clean once a week & dry shampoo every other day. It's the only way I can maintain the bright red 😝
Monica V.
Monica V.
Seattle , WA
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red
This is what I've been using to dye my hair red every two months. I love it because it's not that damaging. I have a lot of fine hair & my hair still feels amazing. I get two boxes at Sally's & it's enough for my hair. I watched Nicole Guerrero's YouTube video on the same product as a guide. Love her!!
Kimberly H.
Kimberly H.
Hudson, FL
Just used this dye today and it came out awesome. i love the color and it makes feel unique. i always wanted to dye my hair and this was my first time doing it. i would recommend this product for someone who is dying their hair for the first time.
Isabel ❤.
Isabel ❤.
Review for: L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red
I've tried other drugstore coloring products and none have worked as well as this one it made my hair look so vibrant and the exact color I wanted it and it also made it look very shiny afterwards
Cynthia B.
Cynthia B.
Camden, Sc
When I want a bright red, this is what I purchase each time. I buy it for my roots and I wish I would have used another products for the rest of my hair. So expect damage when you use this.
Stephanie C.
Stephanie C.
Love this hair dye. If you have dark hair and don't wanna dry your hair by bleaching it to get a vibrant red, use this it's less damaging then bleaching it.
Amber H.
Amber H.
Roy, UT
Amazing if you want to have rich red hair this will do the job! One hundred and 10 percent perfectly.
Haley R.
Haley R.
Milner, GA
Ive colored my hair before with box color. what brand would you prefer
Erica S.
Erica S.
Does this product run when you sweat? I work outside and have heard of some people sweating it out of their hair. . making a Carrie effect....
Eileen L.
Eileen L.
GLENDALE, Arizona
I have been looking for a really good red dye for my hair. I have seen this in Sally's stores and have contemplated on if I should try it. Can anyone tell me how intense the red is on already color treated hair? Also does it last long? Most red I've tried lately doesn't last more than a couple washes (and that's with color shampoo) Thanks!