BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #57 in Hair Color

L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red HiLights Permanent Creme HiLighting for dark hair lifts 3-4 levels with no pre-lightening required. see more...

• Does this product run when you sweat? I work outside and have hea...3 Answers
  • I have been looking for a really good red dye for my hair. I have...1 Answers
  • Ive colored my hair before with box color. what brand would you p...4 Answers
Katie C.
Huge fan of this brand because this is finally a product that is made for darker hair people. As a product, they are great because they use a higher volume developer (normally a 30 unless you are just retouching what you have already done) to lift your natural hair color one to two shades as it deposits color. I feel blessed to have found them because I always have the same color of hair no matter how many different times that I use the same color with periods in between. The only thing that I would have to say is that this product can be a bit drying to the hair but overall whenever it comes to a permanent hair dye there are always moments when you get dry hair due to the ammonia. This is easily fixed with a protein based conditioner. If you want more of a darker red they also have a line that is called loreal chroma reds which are made for all different types of hair and is 100% gray coverage.
Precilla B.
Lafayette, LA
When my red hair dye I had been using the last 8 years was discontinued I was lost. I knew I had to begin the tedious process of trial and error with finding that perfect shade of red. I tried several brands and they always missed the mark, either too bright or too dark, they faded too quickly, or required bleaching. After being a dyed redhead for 15 years my hair hd already seen some trauma, I didn't want to expose it to more. I got this on a whim and so glad that I did! No need to bleach ( although prior bleaching had made my hair near strawberry blonde). It was simple and cheap and it lasts! It's now my new go to. So happy I found it!
Brandy W.
San Diego, CA
My go-to red dye! I absolutely love the vivid red that this color gives my hair! I use 40 developer to get a really, rich red. Anyone looking for a beautiful, bright shade of red- I recommend this product! It will always be my favorite red hair dye. It fades quickly with washes, so I try to do a deep clean once a week & dry shampoo every other day. It's the only way I can maintain the bright red 😝
Monica V.
Seattle , WA
This is what I've been using to dye my hair red every two months. I love it because it's not that damaging. I have a lot of fine hair & my hair still feels amazing. I get two boxes at Sally's & it's enough for my hair. I watched Nicole Guerrero's YouTube video on the same product as a guide. Love her!!
Kimberly H.
Hudson, FL
Just used this dye today and it came out awesome. i love the color and it makes feel unique. i always wanted to dye my hair and this was my first time doing it. i would recommend this product for someone who is dying their hair for the first time.
Stephanie C.
Love this hair dye. If you have dark hair and don't wanna dry your hair by bleaching it to get a vibrant red, use this it's less damaging then bleaching it.
Amber H.
Roy, UT
Amazing if you want to have rich red hair this will do the job! One hundred and 10 percent perfectly.
Natalie P.
Wilton Manors, FL
Let me begin by saying WOW!! I'm in love with this color. The perfect formulation for lightening dark hair without having to bleach it. I started dying my hair red years ago with my hair dresser but she was never able to get it the tone of red I wanted unless she bleached my hair. I have long, thin hair and was afraid of damaging it so I dealt with a darker red. I actually used this color years ago for some highlights and completely forgot about this product. When cleaning out my vanity I came across and unused bottle and decided to give it a try. Within one application i was able to achieve the richness and lightness of the color red I had craved for so long. So happy I reconnected with this amazing product. I would suggest touching your roots up with this color but not continuously running the color through the ends. This product does contain some bleach and you don't want to fry your hair with over coloring. Simply use a nonpermanent vegan product such as manic panic to refresh your color. Red is the hardest color to maintain so also make sure you invest in a color replenishing shampoo and conditioner. You can also use a red glaze and add it to your existing shampoo treatment.
Heather B.
Sevierville, TN
I am in love with this product! I mix red & the magenta (by this same brand) and it is the exact color I have always wanted! I’ve colored my hair twice now like this and I have to say I love it! My only concern is that my ends faded after a month which isn’t too much of a big deal because red is known to fade fast & with how fast my hair grows I needed to color again in a month anyhow. I get my color from Sally’s which always has it for a great price! I’ll never go back to buying boxed drugstore colors again! I added a photo of me & my hair for reference ;) Also I use 40 volume developer since I have pretty dark hair.
Lecia B.
Berea, KY
This product is amazing. My hair was red for nearly 3 years. Red is the hardest color to keep in the hair because it's molecule is the biggest. The smaller the molecule, the deeper it can penetrate into the hair shaft's cuticle layer. It requires a lot of upkeep and touch-ups to keep it looking good. With this product, I only had to do one touch up in between coloring, which I used a semi-permanent hair color with no bleach. This product lightens the hair every time you use it, so each time, you will get a more brighter shade of red. If your hair is really dark, the first time you use the product, you probably won't get a very bright red, but it is less damaging than bleach because of this reason. Getting to the level in the picture was probably after using this product all over two or three times.
Haley R.
Milner, GA
Ive colored my hair before with box color. what brand would you prefer
Erica S.
Does this product run when you sweat? I work outside and have heard of some people sweating it out of their hair. . making a Carrie effect....
Eileen L.
GLENDALE, Arizona
I have been looking for a really good red dye for my hair. I have seen this in Sally's stores and have contemplated on if I should try it. Can anyone tell me how intense the red is on already color treated hair? Also does it last long? Most red I've tried lately doesn't last more than a couple washes (and that's with color shampoo) Thanks!
If my hair is already dyed a red color, it’s faded now Can I still use this even if it’s meant for dark hair