5 colors available

BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #9 in Curl Enhancing

For dry, curly hair.

Discover an incredible rebirth for dry curls. Renourishes, redefines curls in just one wash.

• I've been going natural for over a year now. I wonder if this would...1 Answers
  • Does this product work better than the l'oreal ever curl one? I'm n...1 Answers
  • Is this line sulfate and paraben free? Or "curly girl method" frien...4 Answers
Coleen K.
Coleen K.
Clarksburg , WV
Beauty Junkie Expert
Thank you to L'Oreal Paris and Influenster for sending me the NEW Extraordinary Oil Curls Nourishing Shampoo System by L’Oreal Paris! This is the first shampoo system with luscious, lightweight oils such as Amla, Coconut, Soja, Flax, Rose, and Sunflower. The system includes Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner to rejuvenate and transform lifeless curls into bouncy, defined, and lustrous, and [Re-Nourish] Mask Advanced Treatment with Oil Complex (Amla Extract) to rehydrate, restore, and reinfuse the bounce in curls.

L'Oreal Paris Hair Care Advanced Extraordinary Shampoo System is said to nourish and redefine dry curls within 1 wash. While I was hoping for soft, frizz-free curls after the first washing, I didn’t notice an improvement until around 2 weeks of using the shampoo and conditioner along with hair mask. My curly hair is dry, frizzy, and very thick, so I was looking forward to seeing what this system had to offer because I was in need of some hydration and definition brought back to my curls. After around two weeks of using all three products, I did notice my curls were well defined without being weighed down, and my hair was soft, healthier,bouncy, and the frizz was manageable compared to before when no products seemed to help.

I am sure others can relate when I say this, but the scent of hair care is one of the key reasons why I will repurchase a product. Now I did like the scent of the shampoo– it has a musk, nutty scent in my opinion– I wasn’t too fond of the conditioner or mask smell. However, after washing and drying, it wasn’t as overpowering, and left a faint lingering scent that was pleasant. Now for those who are concerned and tend to use sulfate-free shampoos, please note that this shampoo is not sulfate-free. While I tend to not use sulfate shampoos, I decided to make an exception because I’ve heard great things about L’Oreal Paris products in the past. Would I purchase this system again? Absolutely, because it works well for my hair type, and I think with another de-frizz product added into my routine, the combination would leave me satisfied, and my curls rejuvenated.
Vee R.
Vee R.
Sunnyvale, CA
To start off with the L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil Curl Collection (shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask) the smell is AMAZING! The scent of all three products had me thinking I was at a luxurious hair salon/spa.
Shampoo: When I first tried it, I poured a regular sized (my version of bigger than a quarter) amount onto my palm and proceeded with my lathering. When I usually lather, I'm used to a lot of soap suds in my hair; but with the amount I had first poured into my hair I felt it was not enough suds. The shampoo contains what it says OIL and because of the oil, it felt like I had nothing in my hair. As I keep using it I use more product than I would compared to my previous Pantene Pro-V Curls shampoo.
Conditioner: I absolutely LOVE this product!! With bigger than a quarter amount that I pour onto my hand the conditioner does its job! I do not feel the need to apply of lot of conditioner into my hair, its easily to apply and lather around my hair. After rinsing the conditioner and applying my regular styling products of TREsemme Mousse, and Aussie Mega Volume Hairspray, the conditioner's scent remains in my hair the entire day.
Hair Mask: The oil scent is very concentrated and like I mentioned earlier the scent reminds me of a salon/spa. I use it once to two times a week and I leave it on for five minutes. It also leaves a scent lasting all day and hair extremely soft. One day I did not have any time to apply styling products onto my hair, so I just put my hair into bun then let it dry afterwards. I noticed that my hair dried nicely and my curls were extremely soft. The downside to this mask is because it is more concentrated with oil, I find the need to apply a lot of product to condition my entire hair.
Mariah H.
Mariah H.
Boscawen, NH
Beauty Junkie Expert
This honestly didn't do a whole lot for my hair. After 5+ weeks of use I found that the shampoo was a complete waste, I had to use over a tablespoon of product each time I washed my hair which is super abnormal for me. Even though my hair is super curly, thick and long I never use more than a teaspoon-teaspoon and a half of shampoo. Also it didn't lather which normally I don't have a problem with except for with this product it just added to my annoyance.
The conditioner was honestly the only good product of the trio, it smelled amazing ,as did all the products, it was the only product that even sort of worked. It made my hair soft, but that's what I expect from a conditioner so not amazing.
Lastly the mask wasn't that good, honestly it sort of dried out my hair. I wasn't entirely sure whether or not to use it but itself or with the conditioner so i tried it out both ways, mask alone and also paired with the conditioner. The mask alone just did absolutely nothing in the over all feel of my hair. When I used the conditioner after the mask I felt like I was just adding an outrageous amount of product to my hair for no reason.m
I had high hopes for this but I probably won't repurchase the mask or the shampoo but I might add the conditioner into my hair regimen on the future.
Janelle R.
I used this line for two solid weeks but had to quit because it was making my hair so dried out which was really surprising! I was excited to try this line because of the claims...6different oils infused in the products, especially formulated for curly hair. Unfortunately for my hair,it just did not work well. The shampoo has an incredibly strong scent that I didn't find pleasant. It didn't find it cleansing my hair well and ended up with a lot of build up. It left my hair feeling dry, which really surprised me. I have tried L'Oreal's Mythic line and I was assuming it'd be something like that, but it wasn't at all. The daily conditioner was less strong smelling, but still didn't do much for my hair. The only time my hair felt OK was when I used the mask. The hair mask is the only thing out of the line that I would comfortably recommend. However, all these products contain SLS which is curious because it is targeted to curly haired folks. Sadly, i would not purchase these products again. I did receive these complimentary for testing and review from Crowdtap.
Mayra R.
Mayra R.
I first received the regular Extraordinary Hair line from Influenster despite having curly hair. I didn't have high hopes for it but I actually loved it for the most part (except one product). So I wanted to get this collection as well to see if it would work even better. I didn't notice any significant changes for the better. In fact, I think the regular line might have worked better for my hair. Maybe it's because they use different oils. When I used the shampoo from the regular collection I immediately felt like my hair was softer while with this collection I didn't notice a difference until after I used the conditioner. The mask did soften my hair more as well. I would've loved for this line to include a different leave-in product and not defer to the one in the regular line up as that's the one product I didn't care for. My hair is on the dry side and it did nothing for it really. I would need something thicker and more moisturizing. But overall I like this collection but for me the regular line worked just as well if not a little better.
Emily H.
Emily H.
Pacific, WA
I love all three of these products but especially the mask. I haven't used may hair masks in the past, I've always been more about simplifying things but with all the damage I have done over the years I was actually really excited to try it. It is really thick and creamy and was pretty easy to work through my hair and I thought the smell is amazing. It advises you left it sit for five minutes which is pretty hard for me, that seems like a long time when your in the shower. It did take a little bit to work this back out if your hair and once I missed a piece and when it was dry you could tell. It kind of looked like I used hair spray or gel on one strand of hair so even if you think you have it all out, rinse for a little longer just to make sure. My hair didn't have as much volume as I had hoped for after using this but it was ridiculously soft, looked amazing and was still really easy to style. I did try to keep it off of my scalp as much as possible. I got this product in a voxbox
Shamiza D.
Shamiza D.
Briarwood, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have dry, frizzy, wavy, curly hair that breaks very easily so I am always looking for better products for my hair. I was excited to try this loreal Paris extraordinary oil curls system but alter trying it I am disappointed. The shampoo is good, creamy texture, gold color to match the bottle and smells Devine. It lathes well, cleans nicely, rinses well and left a feeling of oil on my hair, not bad. The conditioner didn't do anything, it left my hair dry and crunchy. The mask wasn't much better. I first tried it after shampooing in the shower, I left it on for a few minutes then rinse. The results was very dry hair especially the ends, left my hair straw like. The second time I tried it on my dry hair before washing, left it on for about an hour, then shampoo and condition. I got better results but still dry, just not as dry. My hair made sounds as I combed it. I think I made my hair worst than it was before trying this system. Got it free from crowdtap to test/review for my opinion
Marisol G.
Marisol G.
Ringgold , La
I had a positive experience with L'oreal extraordinary oil curls (re-nourish) mask. I was a little confused on how to use the product because the directions on the label said to apply the mask after the shampoo and leave it for 3-5 minutes, and rinse, that didn't work for my curls. I personally found that applying this product 20 minutes before taking a bath was the trick. I apply a good amount of the product on my hair (I have long hair and with lots of volumen) waited 20 or 30 minutes to let it work on my hair and then went straight to the bathroom. Doing this really help my dry hair, I feel a difference on how my hair looked and feel after finish showering. Yes, I did have bouncy curls and my hair looked hydrated. I had never before try a product of this kind, I love my hair and love this product, however I am not impressed by the shampoo and conditioner but I do recommend the mask. I will added to my daily hair care routine along with other products.
Myra H.
Myra H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Tried the curls set as part of a sampling program and I used the shampoo, conditioner and renourish mask. I liked the way the products smelled and the fact that even days after using them my hair still smelled really nice. I've used the mask prior to shampooing and conditioning and used it as a leave in to maintain hydration. I haven't noticed a huge difference in my curls being less frizzy since using all the products, and I also noticed that my hair seemed more tangled after using the curls shampoo and the conditioner and mask didn't really help with making my hair more manageable so that I could get the tangles out. I HAVE noticed that my hair is retaining moisture a bit better so I'm considering just purchasing some of the oils that are infused in this set. I also am not too into the shampoo because of the sulfates in the product.
ShawnTe P.
ShawnTe P.
Elkton, MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
I actually received this free from Crowdtap last month. I really dislike when a company makes something for curls and has sulfates in it. People are are serious about curl care do not like shampoos that are not SLS-Free and the shampoo in this system is not SLS-free that knocked two stars off for me because by this time L'Oreal should know better. On top of that it has red dye in it. WHen red dye and sulfates mix on my hands, they blister.

The conditioner and the hair mask are great. If you do use this system, I suggest using the hair mask as a pre-poo treatment. After shampooing leave the conditioner on for 5 minutes so it can really get into those curls. The conditioner is not a good one for co-washing because it has too many ingredients that are left behind on the hair to give it an adequate cleansing.
Kathy M.
Kathy M.
Moundville, AL
Please tell me how to order these product
Janelle R.
Did anyone else not love this?
Mariana D.
Mariana D.
Vancouver , BC
Is it good for chemically treated hair?
Hayley M.
Hayley M.
Arlington Hts, IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Revived this in my voxbox but I don't have curly hair. Will I still get any benefits from this??
Joanne H.
Joanne H.
Has anyone used this on colored hair? My all over color is natural (and curly which is why i received this Voxbox) and I have a balayage. Will this change the color of my balayage if i use it?