BY LORAC

Prime, Prep and Perfect with POREfection Mattifying Face Primer. This oil, fragrance and paraben-free primer is infused with Salicylic Acid and antioxidants of Vitamins A, C and E to help skin appear healthy, youthful and radiant. The skin-perfecting formula helps to minimize the appearance of pores and fine lines for a silky-smooth, poreless-looking, matte finish. Get long-lasting makeup wear and achieve complexion POREfection with LORAC! Suitable for all skin types. POREfection Mattifying Face Primer. see more...

LORAC POREfection Mattifying Face Primer
  • "i am constantly looking for good face primers considering the oil on my face is so excessive. i purchased a few items in beauty.com and got this as a free sample. i have used it once and i am pretty impressed. i usually like primer with spf but this was nice. " in 55 reviews
  • "It shrinks my pores and keeps my face and makeup looking fresh and oil free for hours." in 2 reviews
  • "You only have to use a little bit!" in 1 review
  • "i got the sample size of this and i tried it out today." in 1 review
  • "One day I was getting my hair cut at ULTA and asked my hair stylist what primer she used because her foundation was flawless and she admitted that she has really oily skin as well." in 1 review
Jazzi P.
West Fargo, ND
This is my go to primer. I first tried this from Ulta in a sample size and fell that much in love with it, I had to buy it in full size. It is a great primer; it does have a slight Oil feel to it but it keeps me matte longer than any other primer I've tried and that's a big deal to me since my skin is oily. It's not a bad retail price, I believe I paid $36? And you get a decent amount of product and it lasts a while. I bought it a month or so ago and I do full face 4/5 days a week and I still have a lot left.
I don't have a lot of problems with blemishes as my skin is daily "clear" so I don't know how good it is at covering those but I'm sure since it is a buildable product, it wouldn't be an issue.
I am super impressed with this and I would recommend this to anyone who fights with oil.
Coral B.
Ringgold, GA
I have super oily, acne prone skin, with large pores, and this primer is my go to with any foundation, from high-end to drug store. I have used Becca primers, Make-up Forever primers, Benefit primers, and NARs Primers, and this is the only one that keeps the oil down. The price is a good value compared to most high-end primers, the tube will last forever!
autumn g.
Parkersburg, WV
This primer isn’t too bad. It has a nice silicone-esque consistency. It’s decently priced for as much product comes in the packaging. This primer is best for boosting the longevity of your makeup application. Personally, I think it feels just a tad too heavy on my face. It feels like a lower grade Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer, in my opinion.
Hannah M.
I love Lorac products! This primer shrink my pores and keeps my makeup lasting all day long. Goes on very smooth and easy. I worry about the oily base. I thought it wasn’t going to be a good product at first when I received as a sample but ended up buying the product.
Christa M.
Ontario, CA
I can’t stand this product. I bought it because I like Lorac and expected it to be amazing for $30. I was wrong! It didn’t fill in my pores at all. It was super slick and oily and it didn’t mattify my face at all. In fact it did the opposite. All of my makeup melted off of my face! I used it once and gave it to my mom who doesn’t have an oily face. It was a waste of money and I do not recommend it to anyone
Michelle P.
Wausau , WI
Love this primer... it reminds me so much of smashbox primer. Honestly if you were to put the two on someone’s finger without them seeing which was which they wouldn’t be able to tell you the difference. I can tell u what the difference is though... the amount of product. Lorax gives you SO much bang for your buck. I bought mine so long ago and it’s STILL got so much product left. Mind you I switch up primers depending what foundation I’m using but I gotta say this is such a great one and is in my regular rotation.
Hanna C.
This was one of the worst primers I have ever tried. My pores looked HUGE. My foundation looked cakey. I tried using it with different foundations, matte, dewy, and natural finishes and none of them looked good. I will not repurchase.
Jennifer H.
Islandton, SC
I am not a big fan of the silicone texture of this primer, and I honestly did not notice a huge difference in the longevity of my make up or the blurring effect.
Amie G.
Averill Park, NY
I'm really enjoying this primer it does help keep me matte throughout the day but I do still get a little oil in my T-zone. It slightly minimizes my pores and gives my face a really nice base.
Janet C.
Switched to this from another brand and love it. Easy to apply. Big container. A little goes a long way. Great for makeup to go on smooth especially for over breakouts/pores.
McKenzie M.
Atlanta, GA
Does this work? I'm looking for my "holy-grail" primer and haven't found it yet...
Ashley M.
I am new to face primers, and I'm wondering how this compares to drug stores brands. How does it compare?
Emily M.
I love all of my Lorac stuff, and really want to buy this, but I'm looking for some opinions on it. Does it look okay on normal to dry skin? Does it stay put all day, even during strenuous activity like working out? Are there any comparable drug store products?
Yaya b.
Can this be applied over foundation?
Kuukua W.
I have VERY oily skin, and the best any primer I use, no matter how much it promises to mattify, oils up after 2.5 hours. My question is how is LORAC different from all the rest, and how long is it supposed to my face matte for? please help