LORAC POREfection Mattifying Face Primer

by LORAC

Prime, Prep and Perfect with POREfection Mattifying Face Primer. This oil, fragrance and paraben-free primer is infused with Salicylic Acid and antioxidants of Vitamins A, C and E to help skin appear healthy, youthful and radiant. The skin-perfecting formula helps to minimize the appearance of pores and fine lines for a silky-smooth, poreless-looking, matte finish. Get long-lasting makeup wear and achieve complexion POREfection with LORAC! Suitable for all skin types. POREfection Mattifying Face Primer.

I have a oily t zone I wonder if this primer would work for me
I’ve heard this is good for oily skin. My main problem is foundation not sticking to and around my nose. Any opinions?
If this product good for oily skin?
Start your review of LORAC POREfection Mattifying Face Primer!
Product Highlights
“i am constantly looking for good face primers considering the oil on my face is so excessive. i purchased a few items in beauty.com and got this as a free sample. i have used it once and i am pretty impressed. i usually like primer with spf but this was nice. ” in 55 reviews
“It shrinks my pores and keeps my face and makeup looking fresh and oil free for hours.” in 2 reviews
“i got the sample size of this and i tried it out today.” in 1 review
“...used because her foundation was flawless and she admitted that she has really oily skin as well.” in 1 review
“It blended in very well and really helped control my oil.” in 1 review
Ponchatoula , LA
I have to say that after being a loyal Smashbox Photo Finish user, I have strayed to Lorac. It's a little thicker than Smashbox but a little goes a long way. It's not as greasy as SB Photo finish. I noticed that some tubes of photo finish are greaser than other & it would cause my make to wipe right off if I accidentally touched my face. The Lorac primer does not do this. It set your foundation & primes the face for a flawless makeup application. It also does ball up & cling to dry skin like some primers.
dahlgren
Purchased at: Kohl's
I spent the money on this because I thought it would be worth the price I was paying but it wasn’t. It made my foundation very patchy.. even my Lorac POREfection foundation. Don’t recommend unless you know of a foundation it’s not patchy with
Hands down the best face primer I’ve used. It’s perfect for anyone who suffers from larger pores and oily skin. It helps minimize the look of those pores and give your face a nice matte finish. I’ll buy this primer over and over again!
Tifton , GA
Purchased at: Sephora
Great for large pores I have very oily acne-prone skin & normally I use Dr. Brandt's pore refiner, which works great but is unfortunately very expensive. I got a sample size tube of this Lorac primer with my last 2 Lorac purchases & decided to give it a try, not expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised at how great it worked. It worked just as well as my Dr. Brandt product & is much more affordable. It minimized pores, helped control the shine on my oily skin, & seemed to keep my make up on longer. It didn't break me out either. The only thing it didn't help me with was the redness I always have on my cheeks. So I still use my green tinted primer on my cheeks & Lorac on the rest of my face.
Ontario, CA
I can’t stand this product. I bought it because I like Lorac and expected it to be amazing for $30. I was wrong! It didn’t fill in my pores at all. It was super slick and oily and it didn’t mattify my face at all. In fact it did the opposite. All of my makeup melted off of my face! I used it once and gave it to my mom who doesn’t have an oily face. It was a waste of money and I do not recommend it to anyone
Wausau, WI
Love this primer... it reminds me so much of smashbox primer. Honestly if you were to put the two on someone’s finger without them seeing which was which they wouldn’t be able to tell you the difference. I can tell u what the difference is though... the amount of product. Lorax gives you SO much bang for your buck. I bought mine so long ago and it’s STILL got so much product left. Mind you I switch up primers depending what foundation I’m using but I gotta say this is such a great one and is in my regular rotation.
Purchased at: Kohl's
If you have an oily, or t-zone combo skin this is a great mattifying primer! The silky smooth texture glides on easily while giving an all day ‘shine-free’ complexion, while also smoothing out your skin and poreless look. For the amount you get at 1.7oz, it lasts much longer than most primers and I think it works better.
Las Vegas, NV
Works good on oily skin. Lessens the shine. Also color is neutral and great for photos and when your sweaty. I tried this when I have dance rehearsals and it definitely tones down the greasy look. Would recommend!
Lincoln, NE
LORAC POREfection Mattifying Face Primer uploaded by Bailey R.
I was looking for a primer that was mattifying because I have a really oily nose and I needed something to tone that down when I wear makeup. I read a lot of mixed reviews about this product, so I wasn't sure if it would work or not, but I'm really pleased with it. It reminds me a little bit of the  Maybelline Baby Skin® Instant Pore Eraser® but this one felt less oily than the Baby Skin primer. So far, my makeup is staying on beautifully, especially on my nose. This comes in a big size, too, which most primers usually don't. I'll definitely buy this again, I am very pleased with the results. This is my favorite #summer product!
I actually like this primer. It's very mattifying which I like and doesn't make my skin super oily throughout the day. It does hold my makeup in tact which I like. Some primers makes a move around the face and doesn't suit very nicely. My only issue is making pores smaller is false advertisement because I see no difference. Other than that, great primer. :)
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Silverdale, WA
a year ago
Has anyone usedLORAC POREfection Mattifying Face Primer? Does it really help with keeping your face matte?
Sidney B. • a year ago
A thousand times yes!! Love this product. I have very oily skin that LOVES to shine through any and all foundation/primer combos, but this primer seems to hold that shine at bay a little longer. Best part is that you get 1.7 oz; the tube is HUGE and it take forever to go through!