LORAC Behind The Scenes Eye Primer

by LORAC

This gentle, lightweight, oil, fragrance and paraben free formula keeps your eye shadow picture-perfect from daytime to Prime Time. Created by celebrity makeup artist Carol Shaw to be used Behind The Scenes on photo shoots and on the Red Carpet, this unique eye shadow primer easily glides on for crease-resistant, silky-smooth color that lasts!

I heard a lot about Lorac from Tati but I was wondering as to the blending ease of these palettes?
I would love to try this my eye makeup never stays :(
How heavy is this product on the eyes?
Start your review of LORAC Behind The Scenes Eye Primer!
Product Highlights
“...I wash it off at night. (sometimes that is 12+ hours). I do not have oily lids, so I do not know how that will affect wear.” in 122 reviews
“...works great with shadows , its really affordable too and worth the money a little goes along way” in 9 reviews
“A little goes a long way and this doesn't have a color that is noticeable on my darker skin, NC43.” in 7 reviews
“I realize for a high end product this is pretty average, but then just the other day on a flash website I saw the full sized primer and an eyeshadow for only $10!” in 6 reviews
“This was the very first eye primer I ever used and I'm absolutely unloved with it...” in 5 reviews
Longmeadow, MA
I love eye shadow primers. I personally need them because shadows crease easily on me, and using concealer/foundation as a primer doesn't cut it. This one had potential but in the end, I threw it out. It's a thin consistency and blends easily on the eyes. I wouldn't get this if you're looking for something that's more color correcting. That's not my issue with it though. My first issue is that my eye shadows were patchy upon application. I know it's the primer because I'm talking about palettes/shadows I love and constantly use. It definitely takes some extra blending with this primer. The staying power though, I will admit, is fantastic. My shadows lasted all day without any issues. What broke the deal for me though is that it made my eyes super sensitive. I don't normally have sensitive skin. I didn't feel it while it was on, but while cleansing my skin and using my skincare, my eyes burned. I had such a hard time using anything on my face, even my very gentle products. I also hate to say, I used it a few times to really make sure it was this product. And the burn lasted a few days. I just can't use this. If my eyes didn't burn, I would still say it's not that worth it. There are so many better eye primers out there that I just wouldn't jump to recommend this anyways.
Slatersville, RI
Purchased at: Kohl's
This was the first eye primer I’ve ever used so take my review with a grain of salt as I had nothing to compare it too . I found that this helped keep my eye makeup on a decent amount of time, there was slight fading by the end of the day but nothing drastic. A little goes a long way and it is neutral toned so helps cover eye veins too! Only downside is it was a bit oily and separated, when I squeezed it out the product would come out and then a clear oil would come out with it a little .LORAC Behind The Scenes Eye Primer
Santa Maria
I never know why people don't talk about this primer more? It is so good! It keeps my eye shadow on all day! I love how it dries down to a powdery finish. I would 100% recommend this, but if you're looking for something to cancel out redness this is not the product for you. All I do is put down a little bit of foundation or concealer and then I apply the primer over that
Clarkston , MI
Purchased at: ULTA
This is a surprisingly good eye primer. The consistency feels very thin and kind of oily at first (it’s nothing like the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion), but it dries translucent and makes a great base. The only downside is it has no coverage of its own, so if you’re looking to cover veins or eyelid discoloration, it’s too sheer for that.
Cumming, GA
I’ve used this primer a couple times as they come with most of the Lorac palettes. I’ve probably used up 3-4 of the mini ones. I like that this has a slight tint but isn’t too opaque and can be used for all skin colors and skin types. I would rather purchase other brands over this but this definitely isn’t a bad product.
This is by far my favorite eye primer. I like using a small eye brush to apply this to my lid because that's just my preference. But this applies very well and really helps to keep my eyeshadow from creasing. I would recommend this to anyone. I love this product.
Oak forest, IL
I wasn’t a pig used of eye primer but I learned it’s a must and I really like it helps it stay on longer . It’s easy to apple just cream and a brush . Not sure the value I got a sample size would recommend
I'm in complete amazement with the stuff.  I've tried many eyeshadow primers over the years and all the hype that surrounds many of them just didn't do it for me so I quit buying it and would just conceal my lids and then powder before applying my shadows until this!  I bought the Lorac Pro Palette 2 and it came with a sample tube of this primer so I tried it and was tickled pink with the results!  First the palette is just so gorgeous but I was thrilled with the color payoff from this primer but the real star of the show was that my eyes looked just like they did when I got ready in the morning until very late at night, zero creasing, zero fading just gorgeous color until I removed it.   People can go on and on about MAC and UD but they don't hold a candle to this.   Will for sure be buying the full size.
Works good in helping eyeshadow to go on well. Easy to apply and doesn't feel sticky. Haven't really noticed a huge difference in it making my eyeshadow last all day long.
Norman, OK
Definitely a favorite! It actually came as a sample size with my pallet I purchased and it has lasted me 2 years! Crazy I know! A little bit goes a long way. I can tell a big difference when I don’t use it.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...