BY LOOTCRATE #41 in Subscription Boxes

Loot Crate™ was founded in 2012 by an entrepreneurial team of geeks and gamers who thought that online retail was missing the sense of community, interactivity, and mystery we fell in love with at shows like PAX and Comic-Con. Each month, Loot Crate™ ships a themed mystery box of the best geek, gaming, and pop culture gear to a subscriber base of over 400,000 Looters. We emphasize phenomenal support and content, and include gear from some of the most respected entertainment and consumer product companies in the world.

• I have wanted to purchase loot crate, but I'm not sure what to ex...3 Answers
  • Of all of the Loot Crates so far which theme was your favorite or...3 Answers
  • How many people have this box ??2 Answers
Lindsey L.
Harrodsburg, KY
I decided to try LootCrate for a 6-month subscription. They claim to send items valued at over $40 each month for approximately $12 (plus $6 s/h).

I wish they allowed you to select fandoms or have some sort of customization to what you receive. The majority of my boxes were a huge let-down because the theme was too specific. If you don't like one fandom, you're out of luck. My all-time favorite product ever was in one of the crates, a shirt with a skull made out of cats. It's starting to peel now and I'm very sad about it because it was an exclusive item. However, it was good quality because it's been about 2 years and I've worn it at least once a week since I got it (IT'S MY FAVORITE!)

Despite the let-down, this subscription box really has potential and I received some really awesome items (SKULL MADE OF CATS GUYS), so I'd definitely be willing to try it again if it lets me be more specific about what I like. Meanwhile, I'll be selling most of the items I got at a yard sale.
Jessica Y.
Hutchinson, KS
I was not a fan of this subscription. I am a pretty geeky person, but I am not a universal fan. By that I mean that I have not seen and enjoyed everything geeky on the planet and I don't have friends like this either. This is something you kinda need as far as I am concerned to like this box. Because there is such a mixture in the box that their is a pretty good chance that at least half of the stuff in the box is gonna be for a fandom that you are either not part of or don't like. The box that got me to try it was heavily advertised with images from Princess Bride on Facebook. The only thing in the box that had anything to do with it was a deck of cards. I didn't really like anything else in the box besides a game of thrones jump drive. The next month the only thing I liked was the shirt. So unless you like a little of everything or have a friend who does and is hard to find stuff for special occasions....it isn't worth it.
Kate P.
I love Lootcrate! I've been subscribing since February 2016 and have yet to be disappointed. Some months are better than others for my personal taste, but there's always at least one item I love–if not more!
I also subscribe to their Gaming crate, the Firefly cargo crate and got my first limited edition crate this month–Aliens 30th anniversary. I can't find a better mystery subscription service out there that does as good a job and consistently sends out high quality products. Their customer service team is fast, friendly and they go out of their way to make sure any issue, no matter how small is resolved. (For instance, one of my items in my Aliens Crate was defective and they've already sent a replacement after just 2 days)
Pictured is the May Gaming crate and Aliens crate contents card.
Doni V.
I have been a subscriber to lootcrate for over 2 years. I love the boxes each month. Really like that they added a shirt every month. If you are into gaming and comics, this is something right up your alley. Its a bunch of knick knack stuff. Odds and Ends. But for the price its great. I also get the lvl up gear, which if your into shirts and socks its awesome. The lootpets is awesome too along with the loot gaming and anime. I might have a slight love of many different ones. But the quality of the wearables is decent and I really love playful socks and shirts.
Eileen G.
Loot crate could be better. I have a lot of fun getting surprises in the mail. I love buying grab bags. It's also fun knowing the theme you are getting. But there is something not fun about it. Of the things I get in the box I usually only love one of them. They rest just ends up sitting in a box while I hope to find someone to give it to. I love when they give out shirts or funkos but that's about it. The customer service is amazing though. I go back because it is easy to cancel when I get bored which is easy with this subscription box.
Jason L.
Farwell, MI
I have received three boxes and have been very happy with some and not so much with others. Each one includes a t-shirt which are always very well done. But the rest of the stuff is hit and miss. I'm a big fan of movies and pop culture so it's not the themes or subjects that are usually at issue but the products themselves. I don't care for mini posters but love the figurines and such. You can cancel and start up at any time.
Kristi L.
Perrysburg, oH
The major con of Loot Crate is getting items for TV shows/games/movies you aren't interested in. Of course, you know this before you buy the box but after getting so many boxes that only have a couple items you enjoy, we ended up cancelling out subscription. If I had the extra cash to pull side for something like this, I would continue it but it's just too pricey for us at the moment.
payton a.
Old Town, ME
The best subscription box out there! You get exclusive items and t shirts every month - individually worth more than the box itself - and all kinds of amazing geek stuff! It arrives very quick and all the products are high quality. My only issue is the sizing with the t shirts is always off for me. I always order an xl women's cut shirt, but they always fit like a small or medium.
Amber S.
This is the best subscription box out there. The themes every month are always awesome and you can tell the creators put so much thought into every product included. For the price of the crate is is practically a steal since a T-Shirt is included. The best this is you can even send someone a gift subscription that is not recurring, perfect for that nerdy person in your life.
Marieka B.
Olympia, WA
I look forward to my Loot Crate every month. Every crate has a unique t-shirt that has made it so I never have to buy t-shirts anymore. The themes are always unique and have a lot of fun items. My favorites are the Pop! Funko figures. If you love games, "nerd" culture and more then this monthly subscription box comes highly, highly recommended
Jason L.
Farwell, MI
Lootcrate is the perfect subscription box for geeks and nerds who love pop culture, movies, and comic heroes. You can cancel every month and renew when you want or do quarterly or annual subscriptions. The boxes contain exclusive items such as t-shirts, figurines, comics, etc made for Lootcrate. The value of the items is valued at over $40 each month. Each month has a theme and a monthly subscription starts at $19.95 including shipping. I received my first box today and love it.
Amber S.
Of all of the Loot Crates so far which theme was your favorite or what was your favorite item you ever received?
Madison H.
I have wanted to purchase loot crate, but I'm not sure what to expect. So what can I expect in a loot crate box??
Trish S.
Anderson, SC
How do i sign up?
Prassedes W.
cary, NC
How many people have this box ??