BY JOHN GREEN #20 in Books

• This is the only book by john green that i havent read. Is it as ...2 Answers
  • Looking for Alaska or The Fault in Our Stars !!5 Answers
  • I am a big fan of John Green but i haven't read this one but i re...3 Answers
Looking for Alaska
  • "This was the first book of Green's that I had ever read and I found it completely relatable at the time I first read it." in 17 reviews
  • "If you like John Green you'll like this book most likely and if you don't know who John Green is then I think this should be the first book by him that you read (or any of his really, they're all great!" in 15 reviews
  • "my favorite book by my favorite author highly recommended to anyone who enjoys non-traditional romance novels warning: have tissues on hand " in 14 reviews
  • "This is one of my favorite John Green books and I would recommend to any young adult, it is a comedy, a romantic novel, and a heartbreaking story which teaches you an amazing lesson." in 11 reviews
  • "my friend told me I must read it, so I was browsing my local Ollies and it was there for $1.99 so i picked it up and then I couldn't set it down at home, I just wanted to keep on reading it " in 11 reviews
Candice R.
Huntington, WV
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This author is really worth reading , I was fascinated by his account of these teens lives.There must be something about a prep school that brings out the craziness of teens. Craziness seems to go with being a teen.However I think of my teens and friends and we didn't hide smokes and wine , we liked most teachers and even respected authority. Pranks were fun but we were not obsessed by them. I guess we were nerds. Alaska, the charismantic, guilt-ridden, wounded girl is the focus of their group. and her struggle with the existential questions spurs that in the others. Miles seems the " everyman" of the teens, and I found his journey compelling. They were all very bright teens which might explain their mythic quality. I suppose Alaska's death was essential for a way out of the labyrinth but I was uncomfortable with it. All in all it's a book I shall never forget.
Princess P.
Scarborough, ME
This author is my favorite now after Nicholas Sparks of course. After reading The Fault in Our Stars, I saw this book in my city library and I just needed to check it out and read it. It didn’t disappoint me at all. “At some point, you just pull off the Band-Aid, and it hurts, but then it's over and you're relieved”.
Ashlee W.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This book kills me now. I really enjoyed it when I first read it (and I've read it quite a few times since) but now I just can't bring myself to read it anymore. I'm still giving it five stars because the writing and storyline are amazing, but the tragedy in it strikes a little too close to home now.
Hanna V.
Omaha, NE
This is my favorite book, ever, of all time. Its emotional and has some heavy subject matter, but it just speaks to me on so many levels. Alaska is my favorite character and I associate with her a lot (aside from a major plot point). I cry every single time I read this book.
Áine R.
This book, like most of John Green’s books, was bittersweet. I was totally not expecting the biggest moment of this book (luckily no one spoiled it for me). It was enlightening and funny and sad and I loved it.
Payton P.
Vancouver, WA
I thought that this was a great book, with some downfalls. It was an easy read and wasn't hard to follow along, but in the end I was a little disappointed with it. I wasn't exactly sure what to think, the book ended up going in different directions, but was a still a good book with some twists and turns. I love John Green, he is a great writer and person,, and would recommend his books to everyone.
Kayla W.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I enjoy reading John Green's books. This book is not my favorite John Green book, but it definitely was worth reading. John Green is known for writing tear jerkers, so readers beware!
Shelby W.
Portland, OR
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Was recommended by a friend to read this book. I enjoyed The Fault in Our Stars (movie), and figured I'd give one of his books a try. The book drones on and on until towards the end. The ending leaves you disappointed in even starting the book to begin with. I don't recommend it. Maybe the movie will be better.
Victoria M.
Jacksonville, AR
Im actually reading this book right now and I absolutely love it. It is about a boy who goes to boarding school and meets a girl whom he falls in love with. he is trying to figure out how life is supposed to be and where he fits in. it is very relatable to many teenagers and i would recommend this
Harper B.
Palm Harbor, FL
This is my #1 favorite book by John Green. I thought the Fault in Our Stars was great, but this made it pale in comparison. This book kept me laughing, crying, and shocked by the turns it took. This book portrayed teen life in a stunningly honest way, and I was shocked at how real it was.
Ashley O.
Griswold, CT
Are John Green's other books just as good??
Kristen B.
Bookworm Expert Level 2
Is this book as good as The Fault in our Stars?
Colleen b.
Calimesa , CA
Was this worth the read ?
Ang W.
St Clr Shores, MI
I'm debating on whether or not to read this or paper towns. Help!
Sharon L.
Is this book as good as the fault in our stars? What is it about?