BY LONELY PLANET

• What do you prefere music or reading books Lonely Planet Travel ...7 Answers
  • New York or Las Vegas? Lonely Planet Travel Guides12 Answers
  • Does it have a book on Portland Oregon or Costa Rica 12 Answers
Lonely Planet Travel Guides
  • "You can get the behind the scenes, off the beaten path information as well as the run of the mill tourist attraction information." in 8 reviews
  • "I travel everywhere with one of these books, sit in the plane and peel open the book for the first time and literally flip through the pages and say I'm going there!" in 7 reviews
  • "Lonely Planet is a great resource if you're visiting a new place and don't want to stick with just the advertised sites (tourist traps). " in 6 reviews
  • "The Lonely Planet travel guides have been my favourite in planning my travels, which included looking for things to look out for in Australia and New Zealand." in 6 reviews
Ale U.
The Lonely Planet travel guides are one of the best travel sources that I could invest on. I love their sincerity about all the topics and their tips are really helpful on the road.
Cathy K.
Los Angeles, CA
OUTSTANDING source of information for wherever you are traveling! The guides go on sale all the time, so if you are planning travel (solo, or with others), one of these guides should be in your carry-on! The details provided on where to go, what to see, places to sleep and eat, and other pertinent and vital information is there, and it it updated quite often, so you know that little bistro you're dying to go to will still be there when you arrive. Absolutely my favorite source of travel information!
Siobhan M.
London , London
Great guide for finding new things to do and new places to explore from where to shop in Milan to swimming with dolphins in the Bahamas
Ana N.
Ormond Beach , FL
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I have a travel Instagram with 11 thousands of followers ( @anabrinson ) and I have used it to plan my trips and me and my followers loved.
Laura P.
Bristol, Bristol
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Really useful to make sure you see the key attractions in each place/eat the local food etc. Also helpful resource for understanding culture/how to get around/if you should dress a certain way etc
TINA ūüĆć.
Ostend
A Lonely Planet travel guide is the first thing I buy when I book a new holiday. I love to plan everything myself and lonely planet is the perfect help with this. It includes sooo many details and tips on destinations. These range from basic tips and very touristic places to the less known places to go and things to eat.
Alix S.
Malvern , Malvern
Definitely worth the purchase! Have you used a few of these books when travelling to European City destinations. They cover all options for a range of people depending on their preferences.
Brenda S.
Prince Rupert , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Excellent. I've tried other guide books but these always seem to have the best advice. The best one is Lonely Planet India.
Anne -Lise M.
Guildford, SURREY
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
These are by far the most comprehensive travel guides you can get! I always buy these if I go to a new place and you will find yourself covered with lots of information like having a local tour guide next to you. They are pricey, but it's well worth the price for the amount of information you get.  I would definitely recommend these books as it has all essential information you'll ever need and also a lot of in depth information. It's so detailed that there is a lot in here you might not need, but they have covered something for all kind of travellers. You might be able to find out a lot of stuff by doing research online before you go and also talking to locals when you arrive, but I always like to bring one of these books in addition so I can get the best experience from my travels.
Charlotte R.
Visit a new place and immerse yourself like a local. I love these guides and buy a new one with each new place I visit! So handy to take with you and they give you all the information on the tourist sites that everyone will ask you about, but also all the information on the lesser known places that you can tell others about!!
S. H.
Are these still useful now that everyone has internet on their phones?
Melissa S.
Laredo, TX
If you could travel any country and have the best in Lonely Planet guides, where would you go?
Brennah L.
Edmond , OK
What's your favorite lonely planet travel guide?
Michele W.
Washington, DC
Why should I use this site/guides?
Fiona C.