BY LONELY PLANET

• What do you prefere music or reading books Lonely Planet...7 Answers
  • New York or Las Vegas? Lonely Planet Travel Guides12 Answers
  • Does it have a book on Portland Oregon or Costa Rica 12 Answers
Lonely Planet Travel Guides
  • "You can get the behind the scenes, off the beaten path information as well as the run of the mill tourist attraction information." in 8 reviews
  • "I travel everywhere with one of these books, sit in the plane and peel open the book for the first time and literally flip through the pages and say I'm going there!" in 7 reviews
  • "Lonely Planet is a great resource if you're visiting a new place and don't want to stick with just the advertised sites (tourist traps). " in 6 reviews
  • "The Lonely Planet travel guides have been my favourite in planning my travels, which included looking for things to look out for in Australia and New Zealand." in 6 reviews
Tatiana V.
Ponte Vedra, FL
I love to travel! When I am on my trips I always look into the Lonely Planet Travel Guides. They are great to have to look at what you think you might want to do on your trip. I have been living abroad in Italy for the summer and the phrase book does not leave my side. It is great to have when you don’t know the language. If you don’t have time to get to the store to buy a book make sure you look at the website for new discoveries.
Caitlin L.
LP is a GREAT guide book publisher. The guides include pertinent information and history in an interesting and lively voice. I don't mind reading the backgrounds - which has bored me to tears in other guides.
The tips/tricks/secrets are pretty valuable. I love seeing the culture and seeing the inside of a culture is the best.
Lonely Planet offers invaluable travel tips. I wouldn't travel without buying a recent copy!
Sage T.
Midland, MI
The website is easy to use! I like how they break down a lot of different parts of things that you can do on your trip and helpful hints. They have a variety of different places and types of vacations that you might want to take. I like it, but its not my go-to/ever my only travel guide that I use
Lindsey P.
Venice, FL
I went to Prague for a year as a study abroad student, and this line of travel guides was one of my favorites. It was easy to find what I was looking for, and the divisions were really helpful. It was a standard guide, but it brings back such fond memories, and I still own it today.
Latasha S.
Brooklyn, NY
I frequent this website before any trip, hike or hotel booking. The design of the site is great and very comprehensive.
The number of locations they cover is amazing. I have looked up hotels and sites from all over (I travel a lot!) and there is always an abundance of reviews for what I am looking for. There are not a ton of annoying ads or gimmicks; everything is to the point. Love this site.
Sarah S.
LOVELAND, OH
I travel to a new country ever summer and look at a variety of travel guides before going to the country. I really like the Lonely Planet guides, but never purchased one. It seems like these guides are geared towards backpackers. A lot of hostels and inexpensive sites and activities are listed. Definitely purchase or take a look at Lonely Planet guides if you are going on a backpacking trip.
Amber Y.
These are amazing travel books! I have a few specifically for my day dreaming! These books include maps, festivals, and activities in the town/country your book is focused on! I also enjoy the app and website! I am very satisfied with the information Lonely Planet provides!
Abbie H.
Nashville, TN
I love my Lonely Planet travel guides! I have been reading through the Vienna one, and having lived there quite a few years ago it makes me homesick! They may not get every detail or every restaurant, but they do a great job and I appreciate the daily budgeting tips especially.
Victoria F.
Very useful, and frequently updated -- so make sure you get the newest edition! Lonely Planet was my go-to resource for Prague and other spots in the Czech Republic, as well as my travels in Croatia and Slovenia. I've lived in Prague and Hong Kong for several months at a time for school and business, and the Lonely Planet guides were great jumping-off points. I'd definitely recommend for visitors who are interested in a more "authentic" experience, or for people who are studying abroad or staying at their destination for a while.
lilt r.
El Segundo, CA
Having this for my trip to New Zealand made finding the lesser-known great spots a possibility. Helped me figure out how much to budget for what kinds of activities, where I should stay, and how much my meat pies would cost! Indispensable for any new place you're going.
S. H.
Are these still useful now that everyone has internet on their phones?
Melissa S.
Laredo, TX
If you could travel any country and have the best in Lonely Planet guides, where would you go?
Brennah L.
Edmond, OK
What's your favorite lonely planet travel guide?
Michele W.
Washington, DC
Why should I use this site/guides?
Fiona C.