BY LONELY PLANET

• What do you prefere music or reading books Lonely Planet Travel ...7 Answers
  • New York or Las Vegas? Lonely Planet Travel Guides12 Answers
  • Does it have a book on Portland Oregon or Costa Rica 11 Answers
Lonely Planet Travel Guides
  • "You can get the behind the scenes, off the beaten path information as well as the run of the mill tourist attraction information." in 8 reviews
  • "I travel everywhere with one of these books, sit in the plane and peel open the book for the first time and literally flip through the pages and say I'm going there!" in 7 reviews
  • "Lonely Planet is a great resource if you're visiting a new place and don't want to stick with just the advertised sites (tourist traps). " in 6 reviews
  • "The Lonely Planet travel guides have been my favourite in planning my travels, which included looking for things to look out for in Australia and New Zealand." in 6 reviews
Lily F.
Lily F.
Salem, OR
I would recommend grabbing a copy of the Lonely Planet for any destination. They can be a pricey purchase, but will pay for themselves before your trip is over! Lonely Planet is unique to all other travel guides. They contract writers to travel for months at a time to explore cities and record everywhere they go. Because of this the books have every detail mapped out for you, even the name of the hostel's pet dog Oscar. I have found 100s of affordable, once in a lifetime restaurants and activities using Lonely Planet as my guide. Opportunities that aren't common for tourists that I would never have heard of otherwise. Next time you are taking off for an adventure, don't hesitate! Lonely Planet will help you have the most authentic experience.
Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.
OCEANSIDE, CA
LOVE, LOVE , LOVE Lonely Planet Travel Guides. So easy to read, great up to date recommendations. Always offers special off the beaten path options to make your trips unique and truly delightful. Purchased most of mine at Barnes and Noble they range betwixt $10.00 and $18.00 USD and are so worth it. Some I have kept with notes from travels as souvenirs, but most have been passed on and used over and over again. Do pick up a Lonely Planet guide for your next trip - - you'll save time, money and find soemthing extra fun at every destination.
Christine P.
Christine P.
White plains , MD
Love these guides! I was first introduced to the guides when someone gave it to me a as a gift, and I actually didn't think I would need it. When I arrived at my destination, I could not put this book down and everyone travelling with me kept borrowing it. It was so useful, and thorough for travelling and including really helpful tips. It was especially useful since I was in a non English speaking country and it was really nice to have a guide to refer to in terms of the cultural and societal expectations
Dwyn A.
Dwyn A.
BELMONT, CA
Really good place to start looking when you're first planning a trip. Guides do a good job of breaking down general information, highlighting the places that are must visits. Best for travelers who are totally new to a city, the more hidden treasures are best found elsewhere but Lonely Planet guides are a super good entryway into planning a trip to a place you are totally new to.
Alysha N.
Alysha N.
Columbus, OH
Love the travel guides! I make sure whenever I start to plan a vacation that I have a Lonely Planet guide on the area. It's great for making sure you hit all the popular and can't miss destinations, although I typically ask locals and check the internet for those local and hard to find favorites! It's also great for simplifying dos and don'ts and cultural faux pas.
Hannah M.
Hannah M.
Globetrotter Expert
The Lonely Planet India is the go-to book in our home but since I can't stand lugging it around I've learned to rip out the pages that I need for our location. I staple them together and slide them back in when we've returned. It's a great hint to bring the LP's expert advice without adding 5 pounds to your luggage!
Sage T.
Sage T.
Midland, MI
The website is easy to use! I like how they break down a lot of different parts of things that you can do on your trip and helpful hints. They have a variety of different places and types of vacations that you might want to take. I like it, but its not my go-to/ever my only travel guide that I use
Lindsey P.
Lindsey P.
Venice, FL
I went to Prague for a year as a study abroad student, and this line of travel guides was one of my favorites. It was easy to find what I was looking for, and the divisions were really helpful. It was a standard guide, but it brings back such fond memories, and I still own it today.
Abbie H.
Abbie H.
Nashville , TN
I love my Lonely Planet travel guides! I have been reading through the Vienna one, and having lived there quite a few years ago it makes me homesick! They may not get every detail or every restaurant, but they do a great job and I appreciate the daily budgeting tips especially.
January G.
January G.
Globetrotter Expert
These are pretty good for traveling information. They tell you the best places to go and stay and what foods and shops to try. They also give you information about the demographics of the area you are visiting. I would recommend these for any traveler to any destination.
S. H.
S. H.
Are these still useful now that everyone has internet on their phones?
Melissa S.
Melissa S.
Laredo, TX
If you could travel any country and have the best in Lonely Planet guides, where would you go?
Brennah L.
Brennah L.
Honolulu, Hi
What's your favorite lonely planet travel guide?
Michele W.
Michele W.
Brawley, CA
Why should I use this site/guides?
Fiona C.