BY LODGE #6 in Dutch Ovens

Enjoy cooking outdoors with the lodge logic dutch oven. It's made of cast iron to retain heat and cook food quickly and evenly. Its flanged lid, used for the hot coals, doubles as a griddle when turned upside down. This 6-quart dutch oven has legs for placing in a campfire or a fireplace. Clean the oven with water and a stiff brush. see more...

• Do you find that this is something hard to clean in an outdoor se...5 Answers
Buy on Jet.com*
claudia n.
Mt Washington, KY
There is so many things you can do with this product. Putting hot charcoal underneath and about 10 - 18 pieces on the top it will make the best bread. Cook the best roast you have ever tasted. I have a wood stove this on top of my wood stove makes the best beans and pot roast. For camping this is the first thing. I use the coals from the fire I do not put it directly on the far unless it's on a stand above the fire. For some reason you get hungry when you're Outdoors. Make sure you go on the internet and learn how to seal it before you use it. Or read the instructions really well
Leesa J.
East Waterboro, Maine
I use my dutch oven frequently, especially when car camping (as opposed to backpacking). A while back my daughter and I decided to make a chocolate lava cake in it, over some hot coals. The cake was FANTASTIC! We created a wonderful dessert, and some great memories too. I use mine in the oven also, and love how quickly and evenly it cooks. I've even made baked beans over the woodstove in the winter. Cleans up easily - just make sure once its empty, you add water and put over the heat for a little while. Season once or twice a year.
Sam B.
I love cooking with dutch ovens over an open campfire. I can control the temperature surprisingly easily, it is easy to clean, and very durable. You can place it into the heart of a campfire and leave it, your food will come out well cooked and ash free. Try my personal favorite dutch oven meal, a personal deep dish pizza.
Lizzy M.
Chaska, MN
All of our cast iron products are Lodge products -- cannot go wrong with a product made in the USA!

We use this while camping, but also in our backyard fire pit and our oven. You always get even cooking with cast iron, and it's just fun to use camping or in the backyard fire pit. Tip: keep it seasoned and DO NOT wash with soap!
Tina S.
Richland, WA
I love castiron and I'm constantly experiencing new and fun ways to cook with them. I love how easy it is for this specific pot . I love to camp or host backyard cook-offs with this bad boy.
TERRY D.
Southampton, PA
Dutch ovens are not just for camping! They're great at home for everything from soups to stews. It will last forever when properly cared for but the best thing about Lodge is that they're Made in the USA!
Jessica C.
Cohoes, NY
I got this dutch oven for christmas, and it is great! It cooked everything I could want nice and evenly. The only down side is the rough texture, it can sometimes be hard to clean, granted I'm not using any soap since its cast iron.
Zach H.
Pensacola, FL
Used this for years while I was in Boy Scouts. It's a wonderful product and I was able to cook everything from beef stew to apple cobbler in it without issue.
Misty R.
Maryville, MO
I love this Dutch oven. I have had mine for years. My best dish I make in mine is Swiss steak, it is always a hit. Dutch ovens are so versatile if you camp.
Jacqueline A.
Lodge is my choice of brand when buying cast iron cookware. The brand is reliable, you won't be disapointed. I own at lease 4 of their products.
Erin K.
Towson, MD
Do you find that this is something hard to clean in an outdoor setting, rather than when in a normal household setting?