Lodge Cast Iron Enamel Dutch Oven 7.5 Quart

by Lodge

#1 in Dutch Ovens

Lodge Color Porcelain Enamel on Cast Iron cookware is cast from molten iron in individual sand molds. The porcelain surface eliminates the need to season cast iron. This 7.5 Qt Enamel Dutch oven is great for cooking, marinating, refrigeration and freezing. The color porcelain enamel on cast iron can be used on gas, electric, ceramic and induction cooktops, as well as in the oven. Not recommended for use on outdoor grills or over open outdoor flames. Not for use in microwaves. The cast iron vessel has superior heat distribution and retention, evenly heating bottom sidewalls and even the lid. Tightly fitting lid seals in moisture. The excellent heat retention reduces the amount of energy needed for cooking. Two layers of very hard, glossy porcelain enamel are chip resistant and easy to clean. Lid knob is oven safe to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. The black rim on the pot is matte porcelain,

How heavy is it?
I am shocked people are saying the enamel chips and that the food sticks - I always wanted one and now I am not sure it’s a good idea. Have any improvements been made to the product?
Are these good for cooking on the stove and in the oven? I want a pot that can do both
Start your review of Lodge Cast Iron Enamel Dutch Oven 7.5 Quart!
Anna S.
Cologne Guntherstraße
Very, very bad cover! Firstly, from the inside, along its contour, there is such an internal bend, which is simply unrealistic to wash! Even an iron brush for ordinary dishwashing does not get there - only a toothbrush! And this is extra time and effort! As a result, there is accumulation of food, dirt, and all this is seen in addition from above! What did the designers think? Secondly, the lid is loosely attached to the pan and has a horizontal gap of almost a centimeter in length! When the pan with the lid on you cant tilted to 10 degrees, it is already going - there - here!
Ashley M.
Lodge Cast Iron Enamel Dutch Oven 7.5 Quart uploaded by Ashley M.
This is a game changer. Keeps things hot for over an hour! Great for cooking almost everything. I’ve even made bread in this!
Melody M.
Lodge Cast Iron Enamel Dutch Oven 7.5 Quart uploaded by Melody M.
This is a great Dutch oven! I have two sizes and they come in a variety of colors. If you are not using the Instant pot then this is what you want to prepare delicious and savory meals. Plus you can bring it directly to the table from the oven.
Lisa A.
Bulverde, TX
Lodge Cast Iron Enamel Dutch Oven 7.5 Quart uploaded by Lisa A.
I’m in love with mine. I use it for soups and all kinds of warm dishes. Stew is the best. But my favorite thing to make in my Dutch oven is bread. It comes out better than any other dish I’ve made bread in. I highly recommend this.
Malia W.
Lincoln, CA
LOVE ❤❤ DUTCH OVENS! they cook everything so well and it is easy to make a meal in one pot. Also very easy to clean up!
Misty B.
Church Hill, TN
I love cast iron! I think it cooks very well. It heats evenly and can be used on any type cooking surface! Lodge has always put out quality products! Yes good ones can be pricey but if well care for you will have them forever!
Brittany G.
Abingdon, VA
Lodge cast iron is a tradition in our family. I got my sister the red Dutch oven and she loves it, and when I visit her I love using it even more. I love how versatile it is. It can be used for casseroles as well as soups, meatloaf, baking potatoes, all kinds of things. It was definitely worth the buy and will last her for years to come!
Rachel C.
Longview, TX
I should say, I think everything taste better in cast iron. That being said, this pot is heavy. If it wasn’t so heavy, I would use it for every meal. It cleans easily and nicely. The food tastes amazing.
Vanessa F.
Tulsa
Purchased at: Amazon
Love this, this purchase was originally for my hubby that loves to cook but I ended up taking it from him. Love making stews and baking with this. Great quality and very affordable compared to other Dutch ovens. I love all their cast iron collection.
Karley C.
Pineville, NC
We love this Dutch oven!! We use it year round it’s great for baking bread (sourdough or traditional) it’s great for soups and chili’s Mac and cheese....
Ask a question to the Influenster community...