Lodge ® Cast Iron 7-qt. Dutch Oven

by Lodge

#3 in Cookware

Preferred by generations of home cooks for its durability and superior heat retention, Lodge's Dutch oven is ideal for stovetop or oven braises, stews, casseroles and other one-pot favorites. Because of its extremely high heat retention, cast iron is a versatile material that can be used on almost any heat source-even over a grill or campfire. View all Lodge products -Pre-seasoned cast iron -Superior heat distribution and retention -Soy-based, vegetable oil coating gives a natural nonstick finish -Hand wash -Hand dry immediately after rinsing to avoid rusting -Made in USA

I want a dutch oven so bad! Would you say this is a good one to buy? I want it to last years.
I always wanted o e of these. Is it really heavy??
How heavy is this?
Start your review of Lodge ® Cast Iron 7-qt. Dutch Oven!
We bought this one specifically for bread baking use since we're often using our Le Creuset for other cooking ventures. We could have gone for another Le Creuset but I didn't feel like making that investment at the time. However, I'm not disappointed. Despite being exponentially cheaper than Le Creuset, it still performs like a dream and since we're not putting it through hefty cooking use, I wasn't worried about it nor being enameled.
Sparks, NV
This is one of my favorite wedding gifts we received. We got the whole set of caste iron cookware. This dutch oven is perfect for cooking so many different recipes. I love taking this camping and cooking with it over the open flame gives all the food such a hearty rustic smokey taste. I would recommend this to everyone that' s needs a very durable dutch oven very heavy duty.Lodge ® Cast Iron 7-qt. Dutch Oven
Saint Cloud, MN
A recent gift from my mother. I have completely fallen in love with cast iron. Everything cooks so perfectly in this Dutch oven. Bread, soups, stews. I'm obsessed. I never understood why my mom preferred her cast iron pans to anything else until I got my own. Definitely worth the investment, with proper care I anticipate having this Dutch oven for a very, very long time.
I couldnt find the exact size I have but this is the closest one I have, just a little smaller. I received it as a wedding gift 2 years ago. I love cooking and baking in my cast iron dutch oven. I'm not to sure how much it cost because it was a gift but they last for many years. I have my great grandmother's Lodge cast iron skillet from 90 years ago and it doesnt have a scratch, doing, or any rust. Just make sure you follow their care instructions.
Dunlap, TN
I HIGHLY recommend this pot! It is expensive but Lodge Cast Iron is made to last a lifetime, generations even!! Take care of it and season it well. Don't submerge in soapy water, just rinse well after using and use a pan scraper to get in gunk off of the pan. You can use this pan in the oven, over open fire or on most stove tops. Do not use this pan on glasstop stoves as it will just scratch the nice glass up. I love this pan and have cooked in it countless times. I intend to hand it down when I am dead. I love it that much.
Asheville, NC
This was one of my favorite wedding gifts. I use it to deep fry, make soup, cook bacon, anything really. It holds heat very well. Cast iron is so easy to clean if you know how. I'm sure it's pretty expensive but I didn't buy it. I would definitely recommend it though because it's a once in a lifetime purchase.
Manton
The only thing I don't like about this is the factory seasoning. Its awful. This was a gift after many years of looking for an old used one for me with no luck. I've had to let it rust and re season it myself many times, food is finally coming out tasting right. But all around great Dutch oven, good quality.
North Liberty, IN
Cast iron cookware is a definite favorite. I Have several pieces by lodge and they will last forever. Something I can hand down to someone. This is great for a big pot of stew or chili. And the rustic feel of cast iron is perfect for this weather. I use the cast iron skillet for corn bread. A must have.
Hernando , FL
Perfect for chili and stews and soups and breads and all sorts of yummy stuff! Lodge makes pretty decent cast iron, and if you're up for the task of cleaning them, I highly recommend this brand. It's affordable and lasts forever, definitely an asset to the kitchen. Plus, you can use them when you camp.
Cincinnati, OH
My version came with a flat top rather than the loop handle which I love for sliding into tight oven space! However, it can make the stovetop use a little awkward, as theres not a great way to open the lid, since it does get hot. Overall, I would recommend Lodge Dutch ovens to anyone looking to buy