BY LODGE #7 in Dutch Ovens

This 6 Qt enamel Dutch oven is great for cooking, marinating, refrigeration and freezing. The color porcelain enamel on cast iron can be used on gas, electric, ceramic and induction cooktops, as well as in the oven. Not recommended for use on outdoor grills or over open outdoor flames. Not for use in microwaves. Lodge Color Porcelain Enamel on Cast Iron cookware is cast from molten iron in individual sand molds. The porcelain surface eliminates the need to season cast iron. The cast iron vessel has superior heat distribution and retention, evenly heating bottom sidewalls and even the lid. Tightly fitting lid seals in moisture. The excellent heat retention reduces the amount of energy needed for cooking. Two layers of very hard, glossy porcelain enamel are chip resistant and easy to clean. Lid knob is oven safe to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. The black rim on the pot is matte porcelain, n see more...

Lodge Caribbean Blue 6 Quart Dutch Oven EC6D33
  • "Not only is the color pleasing, food doesn't stick to it, has all the benefit of cast iron cooking...perfect for stews, soups and sauces." in 2 reviews
Erin S.
Red Bank
I bought my first 6 qt Lodge Dutch oven 2 years ago and now I have 2. I use them all the time! Literally, I probably use one at least once a week. These are heavy duty and function beautifully. A lot of folks get thrown off by the fact that they are made in China but I promise you Lodge ensures the quality is up to par. I also have a Le Creuset and the quality and functionality between the 2 competing brands is not much different (just a $300 price difference). Do yourself a huge favor and get one of the Lodge Dutch ovens. Soooo worth it! And they are beautiful!
Joellelynn W.
Kernville, CA
I couldn't live without my Dutch Oven. I even have it in this color (Caribbean Blue). It's beautiful sitting a-top my wood stove cooking a yummy meal for my family. I love how heavy it is and the fact that it's one of those things that will last for years and years!
Sara S.
Superior, WI
I got this dutch oven on sale at Target awhile ago. If you don't own a dutch oven? You need one. A friend of mine told me she makes basically all of her pasta sauces in them, and any kind of slow cooked meat you like to do is perfect in this. Make your regular spaghetti sauce, bake it in this for a few hours on 300 degrees and you'll thank me.

Washes easily, and can hold a lot!
Ashley H.
Richmond, VA
We have had this Dutch oven for years and it works great for all applications. We recently got a higher-end (much higher cost) Dutch oven as a wedding present and I now inserts tad the difference between Lodge and others. This one stains very easily and doesn't have the same level of insulation as the higher end. However - you can't beat it for the price!
Renae W.
Nappanee, IN
I love this! Dutch ovens can get pretty pricey but this one stays within budget. It is great for old fashioned home cooked meals! Also great for potlucks and other types of things. When my bestie had her baby I made her and her husband supper for there first night home. I just made a chicken casserole but put it in my dutch oven and it was wonderful. It looked pretty and tasted great.
Candace O.
Las Vegas, NV
I'm in love with this dutch oven. Not only does it look spectacular, but it really performs. Oh, and it's so much easier to clean than the traditional uncoated cast iron version. I've made jambalaya, soups, pot roasts, you name it! I would highly recommend getting one. :)
Nicole P.
Stamford, CT
I really want to invest in a dutch oven but they are very expensive. This one looks very nice and I like the color of it. I would definitely pick this blue. They are just so versatile in the kitchen, I think that they are a must have.
meghan K.
I saw this and just had to have it!!! A bit heavy, but what do you expect from cast iron? It makes great food and with the enameled coating on the outside, it is an easy clean up.
Cindy M.
Meadville, MS
I bought this in red after reading in Cook's Illustrated that this pot rated as high as the uber expensive French version. It's been a real workhorse in my kitchen.
Erin W.
Our favorite cooking tool in or kitchen! Not only is the color pleasing, food doesn't stick to it, has all the benefit of cast iron cooking...perfect for stews, soups and sauces.
Margie Z.
Tacoma, WA
Who loves this pan?
Jacky R.
Bakersfield, CA
What do youake using this?