Lodge 8

Lodge 8" Cast Iron Skillet L5SK3

BY LODGE

This is a versatile deep round skillet that s pre-seasoned and ready to use right out of the box. Cast iron is the most durable cooking material available, is best for even heating, heat retention and is an excellent source of nutritional iron. Great for cooking a variety of foods. see more...

• How should I clean a cast iron skillet? I know I can't use soap but...3 Answers
  • How am I supposed to make this pan non stick with...Be the first to answer!
  • I actually have a few of these skillets and I love them! I would li...1 Answers
Lodge 8
Lodge 8" Cast Iron Skillet L5SK3
Sondra K.
Sondra K.
Phoenix, AZ
Foodie Expert
Holy wow!!!!!!!!!! I have never been more excited to coon until my wife bought me this Lodge cast iron skillet! I got it at Williams-Sonoma and it was worth every penny! It makes the best chicken, burgers and meatballs....seared on the outside and juicy in the middle. Get one, get everyone you know one! I can't wait to try all the awesome Pinterest recipes I've been eyeing on it...Mac n cheese, deep dish pizza, cornbread...yummy!
Margaret B.
Margaret B.
Foodie Expert
I got this from Marshalls it was such a good price! And it is so heavy dut and durable its a great product! I have the one with bumps on the bottom so it gives the meats a grilled look. It cooks everything so perfect! I use it on the stove til the meat sizzles and then I can pop it in the over on the same skillet without having to transfer anything. It is a must have for your kitchen if you are a cook or mom!
Nabanita B.
Nabanita B.
Minneapolis, MN
Foodie Expert
You can prepare the best steaks using this iron skillet. It is true that maintenence is an issue but it is worth all the pain! The foods gets cooked evenly and tastes heavenly. I am from India and it is a common practice to use iron utensils for cooking meals. It also brings back my childhood memories when my mother used to use it to make the best curries.
hanna y.
hanna y.
Foodie Expert
Cast iron is great for people who are low in iron, as it adds iron to your foods while you cook. And if you heat up the pan before using it, you can prevent hot spots and sear food like steaks really well. The only thing I recommend is that you season the pan (there are plenty of videos on YouTube showing you how to do this) and not leave your pan wet.
Brooke B.
Brooke B.
Statesboro, GA
Foodie Expert
One of my favorite pans to use! It always gives my good a tender and delicate touch to them. I can say though that cleaning and the upkeep of these pans can be more than normal pots and pans because they're easily rusted so must be cleaned and dried well. I would definitely recommend this product as it cooks perfectly!
Amanda L.
Amanda L.
Hanover, PA
Foodie Expert
This is great to take along if you go camping. It is easy to cook on and you won't ever need to replace it if you keep it nice and clean. It only weighs a little over 3 lbs so it is easy to carry along in a camping trip. I love this skillet and my grandma always used it too. I highly reccomend this product!
Becky L.
Becky L.
Powder Spgs, GA
Foodie Expert
A definite must have for any kitchen. My favorite thing to us this for is cooking steaks on the stove top. If you take care of it by seasoning it, this skillet will last forever. Another family favorite is making corn bread with it. It easily comes out to serve and enjoy.
Oksana D.
Oksana D.
Foodie Expert
I love this skillet. I use it for so many things from fish to chicken to meat... It makes a delicious crust and cooks it perfectly. It's great for stovetop or oven. TIP: after washing, make sure to oil the skillet before putting it away so it wont rust.
Kelley E.
Kelley E.
San Diego, CA
Got this from my mom as a gift and absolutely love it. It is truly easy to clean and cooks anything you want perfectly. Very even cooking ability. And it is more expensive than other pans but it is worth it. Be sure you 'season' these and never clean them the wrong way to ensure they stay in the best condition.
Rebecca N.
Rebecca N.
Foodie Expert
This is the 4x4 all terrain of skillets. You can make basically any recipe on this surface.maintsining the cast uron can ve a reail pain in the head, but it's worth it.
sarah m.
sarah m.
Santa Maria, CA
What are some delicious recipes you make in this pan?
Taylor M.
Taylor M.
Lees Summit, MO
Foodie Expert
How do you clean a cast iron skillet?
Christina R.
Christina R.
Powder Spgs, GA
How much does this set cost - it looks amazing!
Alexandra M.
Alexandra M.
London, ON
How should I clean a cast iron skillet? I know I can't use soap but other than that, what other tips are there to keep it clean?
Amy K.
Amy K.
Coalinga, CA
Can it be put into fidhwadhrr?