BY LODGE #1 in Dutch Ovens

Lodge Color Porcelain Enamel on Cast Iron cookware is cast from molten iron in individual sand molds. The porcelain surface eliminates the need to season cast iron. This 7.5 Qt Enamel Dutch oven is great for cooking, marinating, refrigeration and freezing. The color porcelain enamel on cast iron can be used on gas, electric, ceramic and induction cooktops, as well as in the oven. Not recommended for use on outdoor grills or over open outdoor flames. Not for use in microwaves. The cast iron vessel has superior heat distribution and retention, evenly heating bottom sidewalls and even the lid. Tightly fitting lid seals in moisture. The excellent heat retention reduces the amount of energy needed for cooking. Two layers of very hard, glossy porcelain enamel are chip resistant and easy to clean. Lid knob is oven safe to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. The black rim on the pot is matte porcelain, see more...

Buy on Jet.com
Penny O.
I've owned and enjoyed Lodge griddles and pans for years but this is my first purchase of a piece from their enameled line. From in-ground baking at cattle camp to braised meats on my stove top, I have complete confidence in Lodge products. This oven is beautifully made, the enamel impeccable, and the lid fits securely. Lodge includes little rubber chocks to use for storage that keep the lid from wearing as much on the pot. The color is radiant and rich, so much so that I store this oven in an open cupboard just so I can gaze upon it. You might laugh at that but it truly contributes to the ambiance of my kitchen, and it pleases me as a thing of beauty.

Everything, and I mean everything, I've made in this puppy has cooked evenly and to perfection. I appreciate the wide hand grips because, let's face it, cast iron is heavy enough on it's own but add six pounds of ribs and soon enough you're weight lifting. When I'm hauling it fully loaded out of the oven, believe me, those grips are a godsend.

Some reviews have mentioned that the Lodge is not the heirloom quality of a Le Cruset (or a Staub for that matter). However, it's silly to compare a $50 enameled Lodge to a $300 Le Cruset. Thus far I see no difference in durability or cooking performance. The Lodge may chip sooner than the Le Crusets, but I'll deal with that when the time comes. Sure, I love my Le Cruset pieces, but guess who has the place of honor in the kitchen? Guess who gets used a couple times a week? Guess who causes me to smile every time I look at that rich Caribbean Blue? The Lodge, that's who.

If you found this review helpful, please click the "yes" button below. Thanks and happy trails!
Rosanna W.
Davenport , FL
I love these and everyone should own one because they are the secret to making great dishes espicially pot roast. They are very expensive, but well worth the cost because they last a long time and have so many uses. I reccomend these to everyone!
Catherine R.
We have two Lodge Dutch Ovens.  This one and the largest one.  They are fantastic.  They are very sturdy and great for making stews and also roasts and things like that.  While they are expensive, they are less expensive than Le Cruset, another high end enameled cast iron brand.  Some people complain about the fact that they have to be hand washed but that is par for the course with any cast iron. I highly recommend.
Brittany B.
One of the best things to have in your kitchen come winter months. I cook all my soups/stews in it. I got it as a gift for christmas and i don't know what i ever did without one. It cooks my food evenly and i love putting a roast in it with some potatoes and vegatbles. The roast comes out tender and succulent and the potatoes fall apart in your mouth and the soup recipes I've learned since having this have become some of my favorite especially one of the irish ones. This is almost my favorite piece of kitchen next to my crock pot.
Megan S.
Madison Hts, VA
This is an amazing addition to my kitchen. I use this when making pot roast and couldn't be happier. I easily saute onions and garlic, then sear the roast to add additional flavor. I then reduce this liquid down and finish the entire meal in this one pot. I couldn't be happier.
Nicole L.
I have been after one of these for so long and finally caved and bought it. First of the color is gorgeous, I love to just display it. It's so heavy and sturdy that I do t have to worry about it denting. Plus cooking is so great in it. My favorite thing to make is stew. I am in love!
Rain K.
This is perfect to cook anything and everything. Since it has a great thermal conductivity and keeps the heat really well, it cooks food really fast, which makes food to taste much better. I also like how I can use this one both on top of a stove and inside of an oven. The con is that it's a bit too heavy. So if I use and clean often, it hurts my wrists.
Chrissy G.
Philadelphia, PA
I purchased thosnearlier this year from Walmart.com and absolutely love it. The enamel inside will keep away rust and the beautoful blue color is intoxicating. I use mine for soups, swedish meatballs and pasta dishes. Im told you can fry in this but I have cast iron pans for that. Just wash as directed and you will love it
Eva C.
This is literally the most magical thing on the market. The best Dutch oven ever. I am pretty rough on my pots and pans because I cook a lot for all types of events and I let my children help so scuff marks and dents are everywhere but this bad boy has stood the test of time.
Victoria B.
Winnsboro, LA
I live my dutch oven its perfect for cooking soups,stews and lots of other food..I have also used it in the oven to cook roasted chicken. When you put the top on it,it steams the food. I would definitely recommend someone getting this and they last forever
Jenn W.
York, Pa
Are these dishwasher safe?
Shannon D.
Tacoma, WA
Who loves this sooooo much!? I can't imagine my kitchen without it!
Rosie E.
Mishawaka, IN
Is the pan bulky and heavy at dishtime?
maribel j.
Junction City, KS
I would like to know the price because I would love the have one !!!
Jordan  D.
Are these worth the price?