Lodge 12" Skillet With Assist Handle L10SK3

Cook - ready excellent Lodge Logic Cast Iron Cookware for camp and home! Top-grade Lodge Logic Cookware comes factory pre-seasoned with the company s deep-penetrating vegetable oil formula, ready to use right out of the box. No other metal is as long lasting and works as well for spreading and retaining heat evenly during cooking. Heavy-duty, easy-cleaning and surfaces resist rust. Ideal for either home or camp and outdoor cooking! Easy to clean; Very hard, glossy enamel finish; Retains heat to enhance natural flavors; Does not absorb odors or flavors; Suitable for gas, electric and ceramic; Uses less energy; Integrated cast iron handles; Even thickness forms a heat-retaining "blanket".; Has pour / carry-assist handle and small pouring lips. 2" deep.

Is a cast iron a must in the kitchen?
Calphalon Kitchen Essentials from Cast Iron Skillet - 10" - I have two questions: 1) is this worth the cost, is it really much better than a frying pan? 2) how do you properly clean it??
it's ok it sticks a little
Start your review of Lodge 12" Skillet With Assist Handle L10SK3!
Product Highlights
Just a little bit of sticking, but that's to be expected until you get a decent seasoning going on your cast iron.in reviews
My husband talked me into giving Cast Iron a try a few years ago and I don't regret it one bit.in reviews
While nothing can really beat having real vintage cast iron pans, these come fairly close.in reviews
Angela M.
Flowery Br, GA
Lodge 12" Skillet With Assist Handle L10SK3 uploaded by Angela M.
This skillet 🍳 works AMAZING! My grandma always cooked in an iron skillet and over they years I’ve tried to find one that worked as well as hers did and THIS is the one! ☝🏻 Its already pre-seasoned so you can start cooking right out of the gate! I am so happy with the 12” size I plan to purchase the smaller sizes so I can have a complete set. Side Tip: of the electricity goes down, or you like to go camping 🏕 these are perfect for campfire cooking—they keep the heat evenly distributed along the pan. #Kroger Purchased at Kroger!
Emmy J.
Fort Collins, CO
Lodge 12" Skillet With Assist Handle L10SK3 uploaded by Emmy J.
Oh do I love cast iron but they are not for the lazy people. Once your done cooking it’s time to clean it and re season. If you put in the effort they last a lifetime. They cook meat perfect. When growing up we used one and cooked cornbread in it all the time. They are well Worth the investment!
ashly B.
Flushing, NY
Have been wanting a good cast iron for the longest time. These are already affordable, but I saw one at Home Goods & couldn’t pass it up. It’s important to care for this pan to maintain its longevity, but these literally last a lifetime. Great for stovetops and can even be used on an outdoor grill.
Shannon L.
Largo, FL
Lodge 12" Skillet With Assist Handle L10SK3 uploaded by Shannon L.
Purchased at: Target
I love my Lodge cast iron products! I have had them for years and, with the proper care, they can last for many more. So glad they made this 12" skillet with a handle on the side. They are definitely heavy as they get larger and would be difficult for me to transfer from the stove to the oven without the handle.
Adam R.
Mount Laurel, NJ
Purchased at: Amazon
A great pan that will last multiple lifetimes if cared for properly. I use mine all the time for searing, baking and frying. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a cast iron pan.
Hayleigh I.
Nyack, NY
This is my all time favorite pan! It makes the texture of food so much more enjoyable Vs. Your regular nonstick pan. It’s also amazing with getting a great sear, and when making thick steaks it’s so easy to sear on both sides and pop the whole pan in the oven to cook through. I deducted a star because it’s heavy (purchased the silicone handle for easier handling), and a pain in the butt to clean if you don’t know what your doing (It’s worth looking up a video to learn how to clean). Lodge ASHH91 Silicone Hot Handle Holder Purple Brand New
Rachel T.
E Mckeesport, PA
Purchased at: Walmart
This is nice and deep and the size is also nice. The price was unbeatable. There was an even larger one but it was too heavy for me to handle. For $20 you cannot beat this.
Ausra D.
Surprise, AZ
1,078 reviews
Purchased at: Amazon
I have been using Lodge cast iron skillet for a while now. I have cooked different kinds of foods in it, I love the sear and flavor it gives. I always wash it right after using while it is still hot so whatever is left on it goes off easily. Then dry it and coat it with vegetable oil. It’s a process, but the pan is amazing and worth using.
Rob K.
For about $20 you can pick up a brand new one of these and in my opinion, that is the best value you can get on a kitchen tool. It holds heat extremely well and gives things a nice crisp that only cast iron can. It is a little rough on the bottom but i have not had any sticking problems yet. I always make sure to heat it up before applying oil so that the oil sits on top of the seasoning well. To keep it in good seasoned condition, I never use soap on it. To clean, I rinse with water and brush out the interior. Then I put it on the stove and heat it up to evaporate the water. Finally, i wipe the hot pan down with some oil to protect the seasoning and store it in the oven.
Anjie O.
I absolutely love my cast iron pans!!!! I cannot imagine life without them! A good seasoned pan cannot be beat for any type of cooking. Whether it be cornbread, biscuits, or a chicken dinner. Once you go cast iron, you will never go back!!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Chelsea C.
Richmond Hill, ON
il y a 3 ans
Carla P. il y a 3 ans
I will always stand behind my Lodge cast irons. I cook just about everything in them. It’s so worth the money. If properly taken care of they can last a lifetime. Depends upon what I cook in them whether I just wipe them out (while still warm) with a paper towel or I use salt and hot water to do a deeper cleaning or to get stuck on food removed. Works like a charm. If you use the salt method make sure to season the cast iron afterwards with a little oil of your choice, wiping any excess off and let the pan cool. I have always been taught to NEVER use dish detergent- strips the non-sticking coating you are trying to achieve with cast iron.