Locks of Love
Top Questions See all 992 Q&A
- "I proud I donate 12 inches of my hair to them so nice makes me feel good knowing a child will get a wig.This great organization " in 47 reviews
- "I have never donated to this, but I think that it's a great cause especially since pretty much anyone can if their hair is long enough." in 31 reviews
- "I haven't ever been able to get my hair long enough to be able to donate but many of my family members have and I think it's a wonderful thing to do." in 25 reviews
- "Locks of love is a great way to kill two birds with one stone by getting a hair cut and donating hair to someone with cancer who lost theirs through chemo." in 19 reviews
- "ive been trying to grow my hair out because i know that there it someone out there who needs ot more than i do and i just think that it would be a good idea to do this for someone else!" in 18 reviews
One thing you have to know about this company before you decide to donate your hair is that they do NOT give the wigs away for free. They charge the recipients money for these 'wigs' or 'prosthetics'. How is this a charity when they charge people for the product? Another big thing I learned is that make prostetics for people who have lost their hair such as people who have alopecia. The worst thing is all the review's I've read on how they applied and got rejected because they didn't meet the Locks of Love's requirements. I have read so many articles on this it's heartbreaking to read. I worked at Great Clips for almost 6 years, and they're partnered with Locks of Love. Some places do a free haircut, some don't. Some places send in the hair for you, some don't. Anyways, Locks of Love is EXTREMELY particular in their selection process, they do not accept processed or dyed hair. And they throw away a lot of their donations!!!!
Another thing, they require more hair than others to be accepted, if you want to donate your hair but don't want to cut off as much, look into other places. DO NOT SEND YOUR HAIR IF IT IS STILL WET. This is not just a Locks of Love thing, this is for ANYWHERE. It may be a while before your package is open, and if you send it in wet, the likelihood of your hair becoming MOLDY is high.
If you want your hair to be given to someone in need for free, I would highly recommend Wigs for Kids or Pantene. Bottom line, whichever one you choose, do your research!! Please!
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos