BY LOCKS OF LOVE #37 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• It is really sad reading these reviews and so many people not und...22 Answers
  • Have you ever made a hair donation?11 Answers
  • What does this charity do?4 Answers
Locks of Love
  • "I proud I donate 12 inches of my hair to them so nice makes me feel good knowing a child will get a wig.This great organization " in 47 reviews
  • "I have never donated to this, but I think that it's a great cause especially since pretty much anyone can if their hair is long enough." in 31 reviews
  • "I haven't ever been able to get my hair long enough to be able to donate but many of my family members have and I think it's a wonderful thing to do." in 25 reviews
  • "Locks of love is a great way to kill two birds with one stone by getting a hair cut and donating hair to someone with cancer who lost theirs through chemo." in 19 reviews
  • "ive been trying to grow my hair out because i know that there it someone out there who needs ot more than i do and i just think that it would be a good idea to do this for someone else!" in 18 reviews
Marcie M.
Davison , MI
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
I’m all for this organization. I’m so happy that there are many people out there who will donate their hair for such a great cause. I have several friends who have donated as well as their children. I’m very supportive of this organization, and I will continue to do so .
Veronica S.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
This is such an interesting organization. They take hair donations and turn them into wigs. I wish they didnt have a length requirement. I have friends and family that donate but i always seem to be an inch too short to donate.
Daphne W.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 2
I love this organization/charity!!! I make donations of hair when I have no bleach/dye in it. I once donated 16 inches of long red, curly hair. Cancer is heart breaking to everyone, so making hair donations for wigs for those going through this horrible disease is the least we can do.
Michelle L.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
I wish I could donate my hair to this organization but it does not grow long. It's a good organization. It's supports people with cancer.  The wigs are beautiful.
Elizabeth R.
Linwood, NC
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
Once a year I go to a salon and have them cut off close to two feet of my hair to donate to locks of love. Then I start growing it again for next year. They are an amazing charity that makes wigs for cancer patients so they can have real natural hair, they are a great charity.
Jenny R.
Huntersville, NC
This is a long review, but PLEASE READ.

One thing you have to know about this company before you decide to donate your hair is that they do NOT give the wigs away for free. They charge the recipients money for these 'wigs' or 'prosthetics'. How is this a charity when they charge people for the product? Another big thing I learned is that make prostetics for people who have lost their hair such as people who have alopecia. The worst thing is all the review's I've read on how they applied and got rejected because they didn't meet the Locks of Love's requirements. I have read so many articles on this it's heartbreaking to read. I worked at Great Clips for almost 6 years, and they're partnered with Locks of Love. Some places do a free haircut, some don't. Some places send in the hair for you, some don't. Anyways, Locks of Love is EXTREMELY particular in their selection process, they do not accept processed or dyed hair. And they throw away a lot of their donations!!!!

Another thing, they require more hair than others to be accepted, if you want to donate your hair but don't want to cut off as much, look into other places. DO NOT SEND YOUR HAIR IF IT IS STILL WET. This is not just a Locks of Love thing, this is for ANYWHERE. It may be a while before your package is open, and if you send it in wet, the likelihood of your hair becoming MOLDY is high.

If you want your hair to be given to someone in need for free, I would highly recommend Wigs for Kids or Pantene. Bottom line, whichever one you choose, do your research!! Please!
Jaimee G.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
Locks of love charges their cancer patients for the hair people donate to them, they said over the phone that they do depending on how much money the family has, they can charge up to 1000.00 if not more. Do not Donate to them.
Lexi W.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 3
I love this foundation/charity!! The fact that they take real donated hair and make it into wigs for those that are sick and have lost their own hair, makes it so easy to donate to such a great cause!!!
Belle B.
Matheny, WV
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
My hair has never gotten long enough to donate but my dad did when I was a kid! It was so cool as he explained to me what it was going to be used for. It made me want to do it myself because I wanted to help too.
Jess N.
Lake Charles, LA
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
One of my closest friends and her daughter donated their hair to Locks of Love. I have relatives who lost their hair due to cancer and it can pull down a person's self-esteem so I love this organization.
JORDAN H.
La grande, Or
I know it's an odd question but I have VERY thin fine hair, would it even be worth donating?
Vicky D.
SouthGate, Ca
Can you donate your hair if you dye it, or do you have to have normal hair
Lauren D.
Rocky Hill, CT
Have you ever donated to locks of love? How long was your hair when you cut it?
Janet M.
Norcross, GA
Where do we donate ???????
Tiffany S.
It is really sad reading these reviews and so many people not understanding what Locks of Love actually does. They do NOT provide wigs to children who are cancer patients, they do NOT donate wigs, and they do not even use most of the hair that is sent to them. Please read up on your material before donating! Pantine has a great campaign and so does Wigs for Children (I think is what it is called..)