L'Occitane Shea Butter Cleansing Oil

by L'Occitane

This cleansing oil, with its silky texture, efficiently removes impurities and make-up (including waterproof) in a single step.Enriched with nourishing shea oil (5%), it transforms into a soft emulsion when applied with water to preserve skin's natural hydration. Your skin is left clean and comfortable, and your complexion looking fresh and radiant.

Tips & Tricks: Massage the oil onto face and closed eyes with dry or wet hands.  Add water to transform the oil into a milky lotion then rinse off with clear water.

Running low and just found out it has been discontinued. Reviews for the replacement product are not promising. Any suggestions for a similar cleansing oil? This was basically my holy grail oil cleanser.
Is this oil good at removing heavy makeup?
Does this leave your face feeling oily? Also, can you still exfoliate with a sponge with the cleansing oil? I have dry patches on my skin and am looking for a cleanser that I can exfoliate with but am also looking into oil cleansing, but am new to it. I love the toner and the lotion in this same line.
Start your review of L'Occitane Shea Butter Cleansing Oil!
Product Highlights
“This product works wonders on my dry, sensitive skin! It easily removes impurities and makeup without stripping your sling of moisture. A must for colder months and those that live in dry climates. ” in 12 reviews
“I love this cleanser! It's super gentle, great for all skin types, and moisturizing.” in 10 reviews
Fabulous oil cleanser! It's great for all skin types and issues. It definitely leaves my skin feeling refreshed and hydrated. I use this with micellar water, Vitamin C serum, and moisturizer. My skin loved it when I would use the L'occtaine overnight repair serum with this. Worth every penny!
Combination / Acne, Blackheads, Uneven Skin Tone
I bought this because I love cleansing oils and balms to remove my makeup. However, not only did it burn my eyes, but I found it to be ineffective at removing my makeup. I got styes twice because this cleanser failed to fully remove my eye makeup.
Dry / Acne, Blackheads, Redness
Love this cleanser, it’s so good at melting the makeup away! It’s gentle on the skin and doesn’t dry me out. It also doesn’t leave residue on the face. Would love to buy it again, it is well worth the money!
Oily, Dry, Combination / Acne, Blackheads, Large Pores
Berkeley , CA
The perfect oil cleanser. It removes makeup and dissolves dirt and grime without stripping skin. My skin feels fresh, clean and so supple after using this cleanser. I love it. It’s my favorite to use when my skin is on the dryer side, it gets back to soft and moisturized in no time. I am honestly just so grateful that this brand and product exits.
Combination / Blackheads, Large Pores, Fine Lines
Portland, OR
This stuff changed my life for real. It is the best cleanser I've ever used. I pair it with the 5% face lotion in the morning and the 25% at night and my skin has never felt better. It takes off even the toughest mascara and leaves my skin feeling so soft its unreal. I don't see myself ever using another cleanser. Not to mention its affordable but feels very high end.
Sensitive / Dullness, Redness, Uneven Skin Tone
Winter Garden, FL
This is probably in my top five cleansing oils. I love the fresh scent of this. The oil is lightweight so it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. I massage it into dry skin for a few minutes and then add water. It then turns to a frothy milky texture and rises clean. My skin is left so smooth and soft. This does a great job of cleaning without drying out my skin. I can even go without moisturizer if I want to at night after using this.
Combination / Fine Lines
Manteca , CA
This smells so good to me and I love using it as a first step cleanser. I use it on my dry skin and then work in warm water to create an emulsion. I can’t tell you how satisfying it is to see all that makeup come off my face at the end of the day!
Combination / Acne, Blackheads, Large Pores
Homewood, AL
This is a fantastic cleanser if you are looking for a double cleansing agent (for oily skin) or a single cleanser for drier skin. This milks up instead of foams. It’s gentle and hydrating. It hardly has a smell. I am on bottle number 4. I love it.
Combination / Acne
So gentle and makes my skin glow. I use this in the mornings since my face isn’t getting dirty overnight. Especially good in winter, when skin is the most dry. Pricey but feels like an indulgence.
Acne, Blackheads, Dullness
N Syracuse, NY
I love this product! It removes my makeup with ease and doesn’t dry out my skin! It is so gentle and leaves my skin feeling super soft and not greasy at all, definitely recommend😊
Oily, Combination / Acne, Blackheads, Dullness
Ask a question to the Influenster community...