BY LIVING PROOF #5 in Hair Cream

Descriptions:

A versatile styler that can be used on damp or dry hair, allowing you to tame, blowout, or deconstruct hair. It gives you the freedom to wear your hair in different ways and tames and grooms dry hair for easy, manageability. This styler smooths strands for polished blowouts, or creates definition and separation on dry hair for a deconstructed, second-day look. Can be used on straight, wavy, curly, coiled, tightly coiled hair.

• I got this as a virtual box... uh how do I go about getti...9 Answers
  • Is this better to use before a blow dry or flat iron?1 Answers
  • Is this good for wavy hair?2 Answers
Megan K.
I like the smell, I liked the packaging and for the more part I like the results!

On application, it does not leave your hair sticky or clumpy. Once it dries, your hair will continue to look put together, defrizzed and maintain its shape for a while. In my case, a while came sooner than later. When it comes to holding your hair style, it doesn’t quite do the trick. My hair has a hard time holding a look, so I am constantly on the search for a good holding, but not crunchy or sticky, product. This one didn’t make the cut. This product also tends to easily tangle my hair, but that’s a me thing and may not effect you. One thing I love about this product, is the second day results. For some reason my hair is just fabulous the day after application/style.

Because everything else was good, I still gave the product 4 stars. I also got this product for $13 because it was on sale, which makes it worth its price, but I’m not sure it’s worth its full price.

Overall: smell is great, defeizzes, leaves hair textured, doesn’t hold hair styles very well
Amy H.
Dover, OH
I love Living Proof’s lack of sulfates and parabens in all of its hair products, but this product was a completely new venture for me. Previously I had never tried a styling product still in the shower to be washed out. I wish I had a little wave to my hair because i think it would look amazing on that style air dried! I have pin straight hair, but I still liked the little bit of added texture I got from it, as well as the de-frizzing properties that usually keep me from air drying my hair. I use a blow dryer for volume, so if this product could provide a little more natural lift, I may be able to skip the drying at my roots completely!
Criis V.
Great for dry, damaged, keratin treated hair
Living proof is one of my favorite hair care brands. A lot of their products work well with my very coarse, dry, brittle, keratin treated hair. I tried this product in the three TBD uses so here are my thoughts: (T)ame: I showered the night before and added my usual argan oil, and its a 10 cream and let my hair air dry. The next morning my hair was frizzy so I applied a small amount of the TBD styler into my dry hair. I applied it to my ends and worked my way up. It immediately defrizzed my hair, and by immediately i mean it was shocking how well this worked. It didn't look greasy, which is my biggest pet peeve with hair products. (B)lowout: I used this along with its a 10 cream to my damp hair after showering, shampooing, but not conditioning. It made my blowout look so smooth, shiny, and soft. I have very dry hair so I like products that make it look healthy, but don't weigh it down or make it look greasy. The trick is to only use a small amount because adding too much product before you apply heat isn't good. This also made my hair smell great, which is a huge plus. (T)ame: So for this use, I didn't use it as directed. I don't like scrunching my hair after it dries so I curled by hair with a flat iron into very loose curls, and did the same with my clip in extensions, and then I applied this instead of adding a small amount of hair spray and it actually surprisingly worked really well (just as good as hair spray). It added volume and made my hair look like it was naturally really smooth and soft (which it unfortunate is not). Overall, this is an amazing product, and I think the price is definitely worth it especially because there are so many uses. My favorite use was the (B)lowout because it made my hair feel so light and not greasy at all. It's an amazing, multifunctional product. I am taking part in a contest on Influenster regarding this product, but I can assure you all that my reviews are honest and I just happened to love this product.
Anna M.
Long Beach, CA
I've always been a big fan of the Living Proof brand! I've purchased the leave-in conditioner from Sephora before and was sent the dry shampoo to try in my Ipsy subscription bag. Both products were very effective so I was excited to try this all-new product out when I heard about it through Influenster! Living Proof's T.B.D. styler is easy to use and works great for taming dry ends. I think this could work with various hair types and styles. I like the scent as well as it's not too strong like alternatives. Would recommend checking this out. Disclaimer: I am reviewing this product for testing purposes as part of an Influenster contest. All opinions are my own.
Julie B.
Simpsonville, SC
First off, I love the whole Living Proof brand, it’s pretty much all I use. I usually don’t like creams, but I took home a sample from Sephora and couldn’t wait to try it out. I have really dry and wavy hair. I applied this on the ends of my hair, then combed through to evenly distribute the product. I usually let my hair air dry for a little bit before blow drying. This made my hair so soft, shiny, and healthy. I like to either use a beach waver or a flat iron to get a really messy textured look. This made my hair look very neat and polished, but still kept my effortless waves. My hair gets very frizzy especially in the summer humidity, but this kept my hair smooth and waves last all day! I love it! I plan on purchasing a full size!
Ericka H.
I'm all about multi-tasking products and I knew once I saw this by Living Proof I had to head into my local Sephora and give it a try! I have very thick, frizzy hair so I love applying this to my damp hair and then blowing it out. I really feel with this method it helps decrease the frizz but doesn't weigh my hair down in a way I cannot style it. It really helped smooth my strands to create the perfect look without making it feel greasy which I appreciate. Another thing I like to do is when I don't wash my hair in the morning I'll apply it on dry hair that's already curly (I have naturally wavy hair) and I'll use it to scrunch my hair to get that perfect messy look. It really helps hold my curl for that tousled look. All around it's a great multitasking product! I Living Proof T.B.D. Multi-Tasking Styler
Sarah G.
Scottsdale, AZ
I have been using Living Proof products off and on for years. I love that every product in their collection can be used safely on color treated hair and that they make their products without a lot of the harmful chemicals a lot of companies still use in their products. This product lives up to its claims and does exactly what it promises to do. If I hadn’t fallen in love with the even more pricey brand Oribe, this time would totally be a mainstay in my hair prep collection.
Ana J.
I have super frizzy/poofy hair. When I tried this product in-store, I applied it in front of a small mirror AND my hair was sorta greasy. Somehow this product worked anyways. My hair is wavy-curly and naturally messy looking, but not "messy-on purpose" looking, it just looks messy. I tried the (D)econstruct look, and let me just say that for once my hair looked "messy-on-purpose"! It looked so good! And lasted! I was so surprised. I haven't tried the (T)ame or (B)lowout looks yet, but I love the idea of this styler having many uses! (And most of the other reviews I've read praise the (T) ame and (B)lowout styles, so I'm pretty sure it really does work).
NOTE: I'm participating in a contest, but all of my opinions are my own.
Monicka A.
Port Angeles, WA
I was intrigued by the fact that this product prides itself as a multi-tasking product, you can get a smooth finish, a brilliant blowout, or a deconstructed look.I went into Sephora to try out the Living Proof TBD Multi-Tasking Styler as a part of a contest for Influenster, but my experience and review are entirely my own. The product worked very well and gave my hair exactly the look and feeling what I was looking for.
Sonja C.
Mandeville
The T.B.D. Multi-tasking Styler is truly a good product Living Proof Style Lab T.B.D. Multi Tasking Styler ! I have used it on my straight and curly hair days and it worked wonderfully. I love that one product can take care of all of my hair needs because that makes traveling so much easier and my bathroom shelves a little less crowded. I would definitely recommend checking this one out.

Now the reason the Flex Shaping Hair Mist
Colleen P.
hamden, CT
I got this as a virtual box... uh how do I go about getting this to try out???
Correay C.
north east, MD
What is your favorite part of using these products?
ROKIA R.
AGADIR
can i use it beacuse i have a curly hair, can it help !!
Jennifer L.
Lake Grove, NY
Does anyone have any experience with this product?
Amaanii S.
East Meadow, NY
Does the Living proof multi tasking styler help keep curls in? What about after using a straightner?