BY LIVING PROOF

What it is:
An intensive weekly treatment that nourishes each strand, increasing strength and manageability, leaving hair soft, shiny and smooth.

What it does:
Restore Mask Treatment is formulated with Living Proof's moisture-controlling molecule, PolyfluoroEster, to restore the protective layer on dry or damaged hair and reduce hair's porosity by 100%. Restore makes dry or damaged hair look, feel, and behave like virgin hair and increases hair's resistance to breakage up to nine times while healing, protecting, and preventing further damage.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

What else you need to know:
Virgin hair has a protective layer that is completely intact, which is why it is in such great condition. But frequent washing, heat styling and processing damages this protective layer. Hair becomes very porous and unable to seal in moisture. Living Proof scientists discovered a way to restore that protective layer and reduce hair's porosity. And because Restore can do this without weighing hair down, it helps stop the cycle of dryness and damage.

Research results:
After 5 uses of Restore Shampoo and Mask Treatment, hair is nine times more resistant to breakage.

Buy on Sephora
Katie G.
Farmers Branch, TX
I received a deluxe sample of this hair mask in a Sephora hair mask kit. I think the packaging is high quality but the mask itself is average. It’s nothing superb in my opinion. Also, I don’t care for the texture of the mask. It’s almost like a Greek yogurt texture when I prefer my hair masks buttery and silky.
Samantha t.
Florence
I love this hair mask. I put it in my hair while in the shower. I do everything else I need to do and then wash it out and after I get out if the shower and my hair dries it feels so soft and looks so healthy and shiny.
Xinran Z.
Brooklyn, NY
A freaking miracle worker!!! I bleached my hair recently, and the ends of my hair are so fried. I got this hair mask as a gift with purchase from living proof website and decided to try it on my dead hair. I used it in place of my conditioner and left it on for only a few minutes, because I'm impatient. My hair is brought back to life!!! The ends are still a little dry, but compared to the over brushed barbie hair I had before, this is amazing. I will continue to repurchase this, even though the price is a little steep
Maggie P.
Beverly Hills, CA
I looooove this mask. It is on the pricey side but if used as a treatment and not a conditioner replacement (as it’s intended) it works really amazingly. The key is seriously leaving it in and letting it sit. I have thick wavy hair that can tend to get a little dry on the bottom but this leaves my hair so soft and full. I love this stuff. Definitely recommend even just trying a samples because you won’t be disappointed.
Melissa V.
In a nutshell, the whole line left my hair feeling gross. It was as if I never rinsed the product out. My hair was tangled and felt as though it had a coating of something that dried it out more. I had just returned from the salon after getting highlights. Maybe that is what ruined my experience. I just really thought it weird that I actually needed conditioner after my conditioner.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
I've been on a Holy Grail Hair Mask finding mission lately. So I had been using the PhytoKeratin Extreme hair mask and I liked the long term results but at 60 dollars for that small jar I had to find something better. Even if it was just 10 dollars cheaper.
I was ready to pay 50 dollars if I absolutely had to because it had to be high end and salon quality. You go to the salon and have the best hair ever and get mad because you can never recreate it at home. Ask a salon professional and they will all tell you the same thing. They use expensive products and tools that can't be recreated with drugstore products. And that is very true. My best hair on drugstore irons and products is a nightmare compared to my hair with salon quality irons and products.
So I was going to purchase the Briogeo hair mask as I loved their blow dry protecting and perfecting cream and I had looked at the living proof mask but wasn't excited about it because of the minimal results I had seen using the living proof overnight hair mask/ treatment.
But I didn't want to spend 50 on any of them if I didn't know I loved them. Then sephora thankfully came out with the Hair Rescue Mask Set. It had over 8 oz of high end masks for 24 dollars. It included Ouai, Briogeo, Bumble and Bumble, Moroccan Oil, Living Proof and more.
I'd tried at least half of them when I reluctantly tried the living proof restore mask.
I applied an amount that covered my hair but wasn't wasteful. I didn't pre condition as usual. Instead I just washed my hair with my Lush Jason and the Argan Oil Bar Shampoo and then immediately added this. I left it in for about 10 min then rinsed under luke warm water completely not even leaving a little in my hair (it's a great idea to do that for more conditioning and moisture but I needed to know exactly how this stuff worked as directed.)
My hair felt super silky while rinsing and after. I was shocked. It hasn't felt that nice wet since I was a kid with no damage.
I do have super thick and slightly damaged spirally curly hair that is right past shoulder length. I have a ton of breakage and split ends. I flat iron daily and wash and blow dry every 4 to 6 days.
I blow dried my hair and it almost seem to dry quicker. Also I noticed a significant amount of less frizz which is amazing because when I blow dry my hair gets huge like I almost have an afro lol.
But it was cut in half in terms of size. That was shocking as this was the only item I changed during my wash and style process.
Then after flat ironing I noticed my hair was super soft and full of life. It had looked healthier and shinier. I loved it. Then after I had gone out and came home my hair had sucked up moisture as usual and frizzed up a bit but it was a lot less. Like another huge difference in frizz. It was actually so bearable that I didn't have to take the flat iron to it again.
I love this so much. It works more amazing than anything ive ever used and ive used thousands of dollars in products throughout the years.
I immediately got online and purchased the full size.
It is expensive but a little can go a long way if you're careful and over time I can definitely see this healing your hair after what its done for me after one use.
I don't love the scent and you do have to purchase from high end specialty type stores but I can't even deduct a star for that because this stuff is so amazing.
The packaging is cute, understated and modern while still being secure and functional. I had no trouble using it with wet hands.
I would definitely recommend to anyone.
Keep in mind to only buy from authorized dealers such as salons, sephora, and ULTA or you will get a fake and you won't get these results.
Shakeela L.
Littleton, NC
I started using this product about a year ago and I fell in love with it. It seemed to magically live up to its name as restored my once-healthy hair that became severely dehydrated through a year of intense color change back to a color that emulated my natural share (henna/indigo, bleach baths, and now demi-perm in light brown). This LP Restore mask was an absolutely necessity for a few months. I used it once a week, letting it sit on my wet head, covered, for at least 30 minutes before I rinsed it out as that's what my stylist instructed. A few weeks ago, I noticed it just isn't really working anymore. My hair feels coated, limp, dull, and coarse. But, strangely, it's shiny in the right light. Maybe it's just product build-up, maybe it's that the restore shampoo no longer works on my hair; whatever the reason, I'm finishing up my final tub on LPR mask and I am not sure that I'll purchase it again. It's pricey and I'm just not sure the results are worth it in the long run. I used Aveda for many years before trying LP and don't recall experiencing the feeling of build-up and coarseness/dryness. Again, it looks okay--pretty shiny. But it feels fake--almost
Elizabeth M.
I have been using this for about 2 weeks now... and I am very impressed. The mask is not to heavy and doesn't leave residue on my thick wavy hair. I have dry, split-ends because i have bleached and colored my hair multiple times. The Living Proof Restore Shampoo, Conditioner and Hair mask are helping to revive my hair. I noticed it get gradually softer and the elasticity is slowly coming back. I tried out sample sizes of this and I am purchasing the full size because I love the way my hair is feeling. It has been a while since I have had healthy feeling hair. I definitely recommend this line from Living Proof for those with damaged hair.
Cristie G.
I bought this off of Ipsy woth my points!! It cost me 250 points which is very very reasonable. I tried it last night in the shower and it wasn't what I thought it was going good to be. It was more like a regular conditioner. It did not pack the punch of moisture I expected. I thought it was going to leave my hair silky and smooth, while it did have. However, it didn't pack the punch I desired. I left it on for 5 minutes as instructed. It had the traditional medicinal herbal smell of the Living Proof line. I will not be buying this again.
Nawal G.
Elk Grove , CA
Lately my hair has been feeling blah so I decided to try out this hair mask in hopes that it would liven it up. I love the way this products smells!!! It's so refreshing! It is a cream that you put on ur hair after you shampoo, you are to leave it on for 5 minutes then wash out. After doing this and waking up the next morning I didn't really notice an extreme difference in my hair, I had heard so many great things about this product and I wanted it to work for me so bad but all it did was leave the ends very soft as for the roots it didn't really help. But my hair may be different then yours.
Madeline M.
Does this smell good?
Lillian R.
Orange Park, FL
What good is this hair mask? Compare with others Brands.? Moraconoil? Thanks
Lauren T.
Evansville , IN
Where can you find this brand?
Rea A.
Bend, OR
How thick is the consistency of the mask? Several comments said it was more like conditioner, so is it thin?
Nicole K.
Fresno, CA
I'm always hesitant to try masks because the effort and time involved. How does this one work?