BY LIVING PROOF

Living Proof Style Lab products combine effortless style with cutting-edge science to make your styling routine faster and easier than ever.

This first-of-its-kind hair primer is powered by Living Proof’s patented Healthy Hair Molecule (OFPMA). It perfects cuticles so weightlessly, it can used alone or layered under other styling products and is ideal for all hair types. Use this lightweight cream to prime hair and extend the life of styles up to two times longer.

Silicone-free, safe and formulated for color and chemically treated hair.

• Is this product worth splurging on? 1 Answers
  • Does this product help fine hair hold curls or waves?2 Answers
  • Okay, I've been eyeing this for some time now. Does it really wor...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "I have super frizzy hair, I pair this with the frizz control conditioner and I'm all ready for humid days, keeps frizzy hair under control for days" in 2 reviews
  • "I fit it as a sephora 100 point perk...a little goes a long way so it should last a while" in 2 reviews
  • "I use this and their anti-frizz spray together to blow dry my naturally curly bad frizzy hair in Florida humidity and they work wonders together." in 2 reviews
  • "My hair gets greasy by the days' end, but with the primer, i can go2 to 3 days without washing, it still looks fresh and smells great!!" in 1 review
  • "I have fine, thin hair and I tried this for the first time from a sample I received." in 1 review
emily b.
emily b.
New Orleans, LA
No exaggeration, this product has COMPLETELY changed my relationship with my hair. A very pricey stylist who I adored in Manhattan recommended it to me and I have bought it again and again ever since I first tried it (probably on my 5th bottle or so now, not counting the travel size I won't leave home without!). I have very thick, wavy hair that I ALWAYS straighten. It used to have a mind of its own. Not anymore. Now it's ready for the style I prefer it in, and doesn't go frizzy or flippy even in very humid weather. In fact, after repeated use, I find that I can skip using it after a shower or two and my hair STILL remembers what it's supposed to do! This is truly a miracle product. I'm not 100% convinced it speeds drying time as I've been told but I'd use it regardless, because it has given me the hair I've always wanted.
Grace C.
Grace C.
Hacienda Hts, CA
I have course, color treated, long hair that is prone to frizziness. I've repurchased the Living Proof Prime Style Extender at least 3 times. I can't be with out it now. I usually shower at night and apply the Prime Style Extender to my damp, but almost dry hair and let it air dry. The next morning, I wake up with no frizz and my hair is nice and smooth. Some people dislike the scent, but i like the fresh and light fragrance. I also have oily scalp and my hair can get greasy quickly, but this doesn't weigh my hair down at all. It's a gel- cream formula (more gel than cream, IMO) and it also helps to protect my hair on days that I choose to heat style. It also helps my style stay in place for longer, as well.
Stephany M.
Stephany M.
Raleigh, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have purchased this product 4 times at this point. I cannot live without it especially with my curly hair and living in a more humid climate. That being said I love the scent of this one. I have found that when I straighten my hair without this my hair has more frizz and is harder to stay straight. However using the product makes a huge difference. I don't feel like my hair is heavy when I use it and I do have coarse hair but a lot of straightening products make my hair limp, this one does not. I wish the primer did increase shine but I usually just top it off with the nourishing oil or any shine oil I may have.
Allana T.
Allana T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'll be honest, I was skeptical when I first received this. Not having gotten along with some Living Proof products in the past, I didn't have high hopes for this product. However, I was very wrong. I absolutely love using this under my other hair products (such as the Bumble and bumble Invisible oil), when I blow-dry and style my hair. It gives me such a polished looked when I'm done, and truly does help me go days without having to touch up or wash my hair. I'm not crazy about the smell, but it doesn't linger, so it's definitely not a deal breaker for me!
Tiffanie K.
Tiffanie K.
Orlando, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this as a sample (10 mL packet) in an online Sephora order. I got 4 applications out of it -- it's a think creamy/gel consistency, and a little goes a long way. I was very impressed with this product. I think that you could use this product on its own or combined with other hair products. It does exactly what it says: your style lasts longer whether you air dry or blow dry. I use it when I scrunch my hair, and I just let it air dry. I work 9 hour days and my style lasts the whole day.
Christine T.
Christine T.
Fresh Meadows, NY
This product really does what is says it will!! The day after I used this product is got sick and couldn't wash my hair for a very long time! Usually I can go 3 days without washing my hair but since I was so sick I couldn't wash it for 8 days!!! Gross I know but my hair didn'the get truly oily till the 6th day! I would definitely say it extended how long my hair was clean!!
Perri S.
Perri S.
Brooklyn, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I use this product every time after I wash my hair and I have to say it really does the trick. I find it is a simple way to tame my frizz so that I can get a quick blowout. I usually always heat style my hair after wards and I feel that this product really helps to hold that heat style in and keep it looking great for the next few days! Totally worth while product.
Anna T.
Anna T.
Smells sooo good and I love putting it in my hair before blow drying. It keeps my hair very smooth and protects it from heat damage. It also does "extend my style" noticeably because before I started using this product my naturally oily scalp would start turning into a greaseball if I didn't wash it within 16 hours between shampoos. I've purchased twice already!
Brooke W.
Brooke W.
Colorado Spgs, CO
This product is great for after washing hair. I love the scent and the feeling of the product on my hair. It's very lightweight but very effective at keeping my hair texture in line. I have naturally wavy hair but I always do a blow out on my hair (like at a salon) and my hair comes out straight so I need a product like this to keep it that way.
Kates L.
Kates L.
Peosta, IA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I naturally have straight hair but it does have some damage and it a little frizz, this product makes my hair feel much better when I use it. It's has a nice shine with no greasy feel. I do use quite a bit for my shoulder length hair, about 3 quarters size throughout different sections. And I love smell of living proof products!
Kathryn D.
Kathryn D.
Minneapolis, MN
Will I get the same benefits if use this and just let my hair air dry, or is it mostly for heat styled hair?
Cassidy K.
Cassidy K.
Have this and I'm unsure of what it's purpose is...
Brittany S.
Brittany S.
Arvada, CO
How do you use this product? Does it work well?
Alexis  J.
Alexis J.
Traverse City, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
Okay, I've been eyeing this for some time now. Does it really work? I have thin hair (but a lot of it) so it can get greasy and flat after a day even with me only washing it 3x a week.
Allison H.
Allison H.
Does this product help fine hair hold curls or waves?