BY LIVING PROOF #83 in Shampoo

Which hair type is it good for?
✔ Straight
✔ Wavy
✔ Curly
✔ Coiled
✔ Tightly Coiled

What it is:
A revolutionary shampoo that gently cleanses and refreshes hair.

Key benefits:
- Helps you wash less often
- Makes hair look healthier
- Improves visible hair health over time

If you want to know more…
This luxuriously lightweight shampoo lets you cleanse your way to gorgeous hair. Powered by a patented healthy hair molecule (OFPMA), this gentle formula creates hair that’s smoother, softer, and shinier.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
Safe and formulated for color and chemically treated hair, this product is silicone-free.

The Perfect Hair Day line works hard to keep hair looking and feeling healthy—delivering the five benefits for beautiful, healthy-looking hair: smoothness, volume, conditioning, strength, and polish. It helps you wash your hair less often, while making hair appear healthier instantly and over time.

• Do you think this is as good as some salon brands for dry...2 Answers
  • Does anyone else think this has just the best scent?3 Answers
  • I want to try this but don't want to shell out the cash, ...2 Answers
Chelsea C.
Larkspur
This is one of my favorite lines of shampoo and conditioner - specifically the PHD line of Living Proof. I have thin hair with a natural wave, and my biggest concerns are frizz and volume. That's usually  difficult because products are usually either for frizz or volume, not really both. The PHD line manages to mitigate frizz (I still have some, but less) and give me soft volume. It also claims that hair will 'stay clean' longer, and I can't really speak to that because it sounds a little...made up, BUT I will say I feel like I need to wash my hair maybe one day later than usual. The smell is okay, it's sort of sweet and spa-like with a hint of musk. It's not my favorite but it's not bad and it doesn't really last. This scent is shared throughout all the Living Proof products, so if you like it, you're in luck.
Caitlin L.
Tulsa, OK
I had been looking for a new shampoo since my hair stylist got rid of Kevin Murphy in her salon. I was looking for a new shampoo that was sulfate free and wouldn’t weigh down or dry out my fine hair. After having a terrible experience with Drybar, I bought this and the conditioner and have had a great experience with it! I definitely plan on repurchasing this or trying something else out from LP. This makes my hair feel cleansed and doesn’t dry it out. My hair always looks shiny and easy to manage. I’m also able to go about 3-4 days without washing my hair because this leaves no residue/grimey-feeling. I’m really happy with this purchase!
Tiffany G.
Overton, NE
This one is not for me. I tried it out cause I read that the conditioner was best for oily hair so I thought maybe the shampoo should be too. It was really thick and the first couple of times I used it wasn't fully cleaning the oils out of my hair. I found that I needed to do the repeat part or wash my hair in sections. So after doing that I found that though it did finally clean it now it was removing too much oil therefore causing my hair to over produce oil and now I have to wash my hair everyday, even if I use dry shampoo I still can't get second day hair unless it's in a bun so you can't see the oil.
Amy S.
I have fine highlighted blonde hair. I purchased both PHD shampoo and conditioner, for healthy hair. My hair has been doing great, healthy. So decided to try this combo to keep healthy hair. First day was ok, but hair very knotted, even after conditioner. I tried for over a week, really wanted to love this. So I tried extra conditioner in shower, and tried a wide toothed comb in shower. Sorry to say that didn't work for me either, still couldn't comb through. So I purchased restore detangling spray. Needless to say still had a lot of trouble getting out knots. After 7 days of struggle and noticeable breakage, I decided this combo isn't for me! I returned both. Sorry but maybe a different type of hair will do great, but not for me sad to say. I will not repurchase. It also made my hair heavy and weighed down, actually felt dirty in the shower.
Adrienne M.
Edgewood, KY
I love this stuff! At first I used way more than I should have because it doesn’t lather much and I felt like I wasn’t getting what I hoped for for the price. I was going through it too quickly. After I realized my mistake and used less, sectioned my hair better and really worked through, I was so happy. I have very fine color treated hair that flattens out easy and this doesn’t do it. It gives me volume, a nice accent, my hair stays cleaner longer, and it’s so shiny! Definitely use it with the Perfect Hair Day cream!
Nava S.
Living Proof is one of my favorite brands for hair products! I got this as a sample in my Sephora Play! box, however, I've tried this shampoo/conditioner before, so it wasn't new for me- still pumped about this sample though! Maybe I'm biased because I like this brand, but I honestly think my hair just looks better after I use these two. I feel like when I straighten/curl it, it just styles so nicely. If you want to purchase this, it will cost anywhere from $11 to $59, depending on the size.
Corrine S.
Foxboro, MA
I used my points to purchase this at ulta. I wanted to try the travel size first because it is very expensive. I am obsessed with the dry shampoo. I love the smell. How it makes my hair feel soft with volume. But I was disappointed with this product. It made my hair smell good, but it did not lather well. I had to use a lot of product. Also it made my hair feel tangled when I got out of the shower I even used the conditioner. Not worth it for the price.
Liz W.
Lancaster
I heard so many good things about this I finally decided to try it. First of all the smell is extremely strong. I had to leave my bathroom because of the scent. Second of all it leaves white on your hair no matter how far away you spray it and even working it in with your fingers that white stays and changes the color of the hair. It does seem to help the oil like a dry shampoo should but all the other factors make me not want to use it again.
Heather B.
Eagle Grove, IA
Perfect day hair products by living proof are my holy grail. At first, I was nervous to try them because of he price tag, but I quickly found out that they were worth every penny. This shampoo really does give you a perfect hair day! It leaves my hair soft and manageable with plenty of volume (especially when used with other products from this line). Wonderful for color treated and dry hair as well.
Emily R.
Pompano Beach, FL
There's nothing really exceptional about this shampoo that makes it worth buying over others. It has a pleasant scent and cleanses well, but the price tag is pretty steep. I do appreciate that its SLS and paraben free as I sometimes get my hair treated with keratin. I'll finish up the bottle I have, but do not plan on repurchasing.
Kaley K.
Is this shampoo okay to use with color treated hair?
Brittany J.
Springville , AL
How is this shampoo for oily roots, and fine hair that breaks easy at the ends?
Catherine B.
How is this shampoo?
Amber L.
Does anyone else think this has just the best scent?
Stacy T.
San Antonio, TX
Is this shampoo good for fine, oily hair? I usually go for volume shampoos, but I'm looking for something different.