BY LIVING PROOF #3 in Dry Shampoo

A dry shampoo that cleans beyond ordinary dry shampoos. It’s powered by a Triple-Action Cleaning Technology that makes your hair look, feel and smell clean.

• Absorbs and removes oil, sweat and odor
  • Works on all hair colors because it leaves virtually no visible residue or powdery build-up behind
  • Time-released fragrance delivers a light, clean scent throughout the day

Application tip: See a little white residue? No worries, that's the cleaning in action as the oil and sweat are absorbed by the dry shampoo. Just wait 30 seconds and brush gently to remove.

For all hair types. All Living Proof products are sulfate-free, silicone-free and oil-free. Safe and formulated for color and chemically treated hair.

• I have super oily hair, will this be my life saver?5 Answers
  • Does this leave a white cast on your hair?? Or does it blend in?2 Answers
  • What are some great dry shampoos that you love? My hair is long, ...6 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Sabrina H.
Bloomingdale, IL
I've tried at least a dozen dry shampoos, sprays and powders, high end and drugstore. I hated all the sprays, which had way too much residue and they didn't really deliver that holy grail volume everyone keeps talking about. The powders were better, but still the volumizing effects eluded me and my hair never really felt clean, although it did look somewhat less greasy. So I stayed with Bumble and Bumble Pret a Powder, Alterna and Oscar Blandi Pronto powders. But because I wasn't really a fan, I didn't use them that often, instead I just made time to wash my hair. However, the ingredients in this PHD dry shampoo must be unique because it works like nothing else I've used. I get incredible volume that lasts for two days, there's no residue and my hair truly looks clean and smells fresh. The difference is like night and day. I followed the directions to the letter, shaking the can up before each spritz and aiming only at the roots from about 8 inches away. I then massaged the product into the roots and then let it sit for several minutes. After about 10 minutes, I looked in the mirror and there was zero white powder to brush out, it had all been absorbed by the oil. My hair was Bridget Bardot voluminous and it still had its shine. There's no question that this PHD dry shampoo is different than the others I've used. There's simply no comparison. Before, I could take or leave dry shampoo because the results I had gotten had not been anywhere close to PHD. I used to use dry shampoo only in an emergency, i.e. too lazy to wash my hair. But with PHD I can actually see the benefits of using this regularly. With one application I can go two days without washing my hair. The volume is tremendous and it truly lasts a long time
emily b.
New Orleans, LA
I've used quite a few dry shampoos in my day and this is definitely the most convenient/revolutionary. As with other Living Proof spray products I do find it to be a little...how shall I put this...choke-y when you first spray it in an enclosed space (bathroom)? However it's so worth it in spite of this, just hold your breath for a bit while you're spraying. It really does make my hair feel fresh from the shower-- not just "covered over" or dried out with a powdery feel. This is the one dry shampoo product that makes me feel like I can keep away from a shower for another 2-3 days after spraying-- not just "oh gosh I'll last through work but then I can't wait to wash my hair" like some other dry shampoos.

My only serious "negative" about this product is that it very pronouncedly removes color from my semi-perm (blue) dyed hair. I doubt this would be a problem for others with "natural colored" dyed hair, but for semi-perm fantasy colors, be advised. After spraying when I work my hands through my hair, I notice a dusty blue coating on my hands, and the color of my hair is dulled, even with one use. Be advised if you're sporting a wild color like me!
Kimberly C.
Orlando, FL
This product certainly does the job! As soon as I applied the product to the roots of my hair, all of the grease and oil was immediately absorbed. The product also adds volume to the roots so that's another plus. I have black hair and I noticed that the powder is easily absorbed, and doesn't show at all, as long as you massage it out. Just be careful not to apply too much. I did notice it getting on my fingers throughout the day when I would run my hands through my hair, and this was even with just 3 sprays. Another con about this product would be that it sort of dries out my hair, giving it a straw-like texture. The product also makes it feel more like you have product in your hair, vs. a natural clean sensation. And this would last until the next day, so I'm still trying to find the right amount to apply for my hair, but the product truly does remove grease easily and has a nice refreshing scent to it.
Liane D.
Broomfield, CO
I can't say enough good things about this dry shampoo! I've tried almost every dry shampoo on the market and I always come right back to Living Proof. First off, it smells amazing. So if you're on second (even third) day hair, this is the perfect pick me up with volume AND scent.

The amount of volume this dry shampoo gives you is amazing. It does spray on your hair white but it's extremely easy to brush into your hair or if you use just a small amount, just rub it into your scalp with your fingers. It lasts all day with no problem.

It does give your hair a "thicker" texture (feeling) but it works wonders and is so worth spending the extra money compared to other brands.

I recommend using this Dry Shampoo as the instructions say and then quickly run over your hair with a straightener, flawless!

If you haven't jumped on the Living Proof Dry Shampoo bandwagon, you need to!
Traci K.
I tried several other brands of dry shampoo before I read a glowing review about this one and decided I just had to try it. Initial thoughts: The canister is easy to grip and spray near your roots. The product comes out initially as a white powder but is easily rubbed in. I took off one star because I really wasn't a fan of the smell, but I usually apply my dry shampoo at night, and the smell had faded away significantly by morning. When I brushed it out in the morning, my hair had tons of body and ACTUALLY FELT CLEAN. It didn't feel squeaky clean but it did make a huge difference. I normally can go 2 days without washing my hair without dry shampoo; with this, I was able to stretch it out for 4 days. It would definitely have been even longer if I had reapplied. Highly recommend, but again, the scent is hit or miss.
Britney D.
Spotsylvania, VA
Wow, yup this is revolutionary. If you're on the fence about buying this product- get over it and get it now. I've tried lot of dry shampoos. I only use salon quality shampoo & conditioner but still used Dove dry shampoo for years-until I found Living Proof Dry Shampoo. I go 2-3 days without washing my hair and this stuff actually cleans your hair. You spray it, leave it for 30 seconds and then tousle your roots with your fingers. And unlike Dove and other brands, it actuallys lasts all day leaving my hair look washed and never greasy. And let me tell you, my roots get sooo greasy 24 hours after a wash. I can't imagine this product not working for everyone. And it smells good, I don't think it smells like chemicals at all. I definitely recommend.
Tori S.
Edina, MN
Love love love this dry shampoo! i am a blonde with thin hair and i have never been able to use an actual dry shampoo since it leaves my hair looking worse than it did before and very flat and having a nasty texture. i just used baby powder before which was a hassle since it was white and then i smelled like a baby (ew). but NOW i use this and it works like a complete gem! i just spritz it on my hair and then it lasts for more than just the day, i can go without washing my hair for another 1-2 days after. it's amazing! the ONLY little downfalls i have about it is 1. price and 2. the fragrance which is a bit strong and lasts. they definitely outweigh the con of having greasy hair though. this is a must have product!
Shelley F.
I've read reviews about this product for ages...and I didn't believe any of them.
It cleans your hair and leaves no residue.
Yeah, right!
It adds texture and volume!
Uh huh...sure.

But then I finally broke down and bought a trial size at Ulta a few days ago...I used it that night and I was ASTOUNDED! Like seriously, make my husband look closely at my hair astounded. Like...there's no way that really just did what I think it did, and I must be dreaming astounded.

Guys...this is for real! I'm not kidding. By far, THE BEST dry shampoo I've ever tried. And I have been a loyal Batiste girl for years now. But now that I've tried this...I don't think I can go back. Pretty positive I won't be going back.
Lindsey K.
Austin, TX
I love Living Proof dry shampoo!! I used to be devoted to cheaper drugstore brands and didn't see the value in spending big money on dry shampoo, but Living Proof has changed that. I use it 2-3 times a week and it works wonders on my thick way hair. My hair always feel truly clean and refreshed after using this product. The only downside I've experienced is that it seems to run out so darn quickly! I used to get more mileage out of the cheaper drugstore brands, but am willing to compromise on that given Living Proof doesn't work just temporarily only to leave my hair feeling grimy later. It really does leave my hair feeling as clean as it would had I have been able to wash it. Smells great too!
Laken R.
Rockford, IL
I do not even know where to begin with describing my love for this product. I have tried countless dry shampoos, different hairstyles, etc. to get away with washing my hair no more than 2 times a week and until Living Proofs dry shampoo, I had no luck. Not only does this product absorb any oil, it doesn't leave my roots looking like I got antiqued by my friends at a sleepover. On top of that, with previous dry shampoos I would still have to give in and go for a pony tail after day two or three because I would cause buildup and weigh down my already flat hair. But not this stuff. I can wear my hair down every day - and my hair looks clean and has volume. Basically, I'm in love with it.
Cassidy M.
Corpus Christi, TX
Does this dry shampoo leave a fresh smell for a while or does the smell fade quickly?
Anna K.
Brooklyn, NY
How long does a can of this typically last for you?
Connie L.
Shirley, NY
I want to know if this is worth the hype? I currently use batiste and am very happy with the results. Is this product worth the price? Does it work well with fine, thick, curly hair?
Haley P.
Millen, GA
How does this dry shampoo compare to drugstore brands?
Sarah M.
Can I buy this at drugstores?