BY LIVING PROOF #5 in Dry Shampoo

A dry shampoo that cleans beyond ordinary dry shampoos. It’s powered by a Triple-Action Cleaning Technology that makes your hair look, feel and smell clean.

• Absorbs and removes oil, sweat and odor
  • Works on all hair colors because it leaves virtually no visible residue or powdery build-up behind
  • Time-released fragrance delivers a light, clean scent throughout the day

Application tip: See a little white residue? No worries, that's the cleaning in action as the oil and sweat are absorbed by the dry shampoo. Just wait 30 seconds and brush gently to remove.

For all hair types. All Living Proof products are sulfate-free, silicone-free and oil-free. Safe and formulated for color and chemically treated hair.

• I have super oily hair, will this be my life saver?6 Answers
  • Is It worth It??3 Answers
  • How well would you say this smells after using it?!?!2 Answers
Meghan K.
Mc Kees Rocks, PA
Going from being completely bald in 2015 (thank you Cancer), to having a head full of new growth hair entering 2018...the adjustment back to womanhood and hair styling is tough work! I remember the days of throwing a hat or glitter on my head and getting ready in 5 mins—- those days are over girlfriend! But I am so so so very happy and thankful they are! As you all know, I am VERY picky with my hair care products! But my life just got a little bit easier, thanks to this incredible dry shampoo from @livingproofinc Let me explain... this is NOt your average dry shampoo ladies and gents! This is magic in a single spray! You know how some dry shampoos make you feel even dirtier than going with greasy roots, well this spray leaves you feeling refreshed! A spray, a shake, and literally I am on my way! Bet you couldn’t tell I haven’t washed my hair in 3 days! Heck, my hair has more volume than if I did wash it! The smell of this product is not too strong but just fresh enough to make me feel clean. Hint: spray is on your roots, wait about 10 seconds before giving your roots a shake. I swear I see this product getting to work by soaking up Tony hair grease! I love it!!! Go get your hands on this product NOW! It is truly a must try product!
Senica L.
Astoria, NY
I like to limit my hair washing to 1 to 2 times a week and sometimes my hair needs a little pick me up in between washes. When my hair gets too greasy and I don’t want to put gel in it or put it in a ponytail I’ll use dry shampoo to spruce up my hair, so I am definitely familiar with using dry shampoos. This living proof dry shampoo definitely cleaned better than other products I’ve tried in the past. It completely eliminated the oil from the roots of my hair. I like that the spray nozzle was formulated in a way to make a product come out evenly and forcefully. The smell was fresh but a bit overpowering. I was concerned that the smell would clash with my perfume. The other thing I noticed was if I use the dry shampoo two days in a row there would definitely be small clumps of powder in my hair that looked like dandruff which is definitely not cute.
Elizabeth S.
Edmonds, WA
I have been looking for a new dry shampoo and when Influenster announced that this one was part of a contest they were having I was super stoked! This product works great. When I tested it my hair looked super fresh and clean, it was easy to use, and it didn't feel like there was product in my hair. Although, the reason why I only give this product two stars is because of the scent. I could smell the product the entire time I was wearing it. Over time the light fresh scent became overwhelming to the point where it gave me a headache; I couldn't wait to go home and take a shower. Therefore, if you are not sensitive to smells I would totally recommend this product, but if you are I would say give it a test run before investing.
lydia g.
Pensacola, FL
I have extremely fine, oily hair. I try to only wash my hair every other day and would like to go longer than that, but my hair becomes so greasy I can't hide it in a messy bun any longer. Every dry shampoo I've tried has made my hair feel stiff and somehow even more first. They made my hair smell nice but besides that they didn't do anything. This dry shampoo, though, has changed the game for me. You spray it in, wait about 30 seconds, and brush it through your hair with either a brush or your fingers. My hair feels almost like it does after a fresh wash. It seems to clean my hair rather than cover up the gross parts. It gives great volume and smells amazing. I even woke up the morning after the fay I used it, and my hair still didn't seem oily! I'm incredibly impressed! I'm going to be buying this for years to come! I received it free from Influenster to test it out, but it'll be worth every penny I pay for it from now on!
Kristina R.
I love this dry shampoo. I also use a ton of other Living Proof products and love them all.
As some others mentioned, yes there is a strong scent, but I actually really enjoy it and it's one of the reasons I buy their products. However, if you have a sensitive nose, I recommend smelling it in store before purchasing.
This works great at decreasing my oil and did not leave behind any white residue.
Also, I do not use it multiple days in a row, I don't like feeling a build up of residue and feel like my hair gets oily fast so I just prefer to wash it and use the dry shampoo on occasion. I use it to either add texture to my hair before styling it or on a second day without washing.
I've never used it after working out (because I prefer the feeling of washed hair) so I'm not sure how well it would work after post-workout sweat.
Kelsey S.
Morristown, TN
I thought this was an "okay" dry shampoo. I used it after 3 days of not washing my hair to see how it would do. It actually did a good job of soaking up the oils and sweat I had produced from being in the Florida sun. I have dark brunette hair and it definitely gave a white cast to the hair if you fo not work it in all the way. It has a very strong perfume/floral scent to it as well so, if you do not like strong scents this may not be for you. I thought it did well with absorbing the oils and grease from my roots after 3 days of not washing my hair though. It took a while to work it in and to work the white cast out of my hair. I believe with blonde or lighter color hair it would be easier to work with and take less time to work in without leaving a white cast on the hair. All in all this product does the job!
Shakeela P.
Littleton, NC
This is a great dry shampoo powder. It has a nice, clean smell without being overpowering. I’ve actually gone through two bottles of this and my husband is constantly stealing it from me! I like this, but it can make my hair “ashy” if I overuse it. I would recommend Shampure for blondes or if you have highlights. The product is lightweight and does not weigh my hair down. I think this would be ideal for thin or fine hair, but it works for thick hair too. This does not add any texture to your hair, its just a lightweight powder that absorbs oil. Pretty standard, but works really well.
Michelle H.
This stuff is great - it doesn't weigh my thin, fine, hair down and it doesn't make my scalp itch or leave any greasy or flaky white residue on my dark roots (I have shadow rooted blonde hair, but have naturally black hair to begin with!). It smells fresh, and I love how I can use it for two consecutive days without noticing my hair becoming any greasier or weighed down than the day prior. It doesn't feel sticky when I run my fingers through it, and while it doesn't provide a TON of volume or anything, it works beautifully as a dry shampoo. Runs laps around Batiste (which makes me itchy like no other and does not soak up nearly enough grease and weighs my roots down too much).
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
This is a fantastic dry shampoo. I've tried many high end dry shampoo like the elizabeth and james nirvana dry shampoos in all scents, Ouai dry shampoo, and my favorite Drybar Dry shampoo.
I have a go to but had been pretty blown away with this brands products that i had tried like the restore system and the frizz free spray and the nightcap overnight conditioner so i knew i had to try everything and since i use dry shampoo a lot this was the next logical product for me to try.
Now i have naturally very thick and very curly hair thats slightly damaged from daily heat from flat, curling and waving irons as well as blow dryers. I wash my hair every 4 to 6 days the day after its so oily i cant stand it. I only get oily at the roots even by that time so dry shampoo is the logical option for me to make that oily hair manageable.
This bottle has a good amount of product in it and you dont need very much. It does go on white but using a brush to brush through my hair with it on and shaking my hair out with my fingers and massaging the roots it sinks in very quickly. It leaves no residue behind or any weird powder pieces like the Nirvana dry shampoo and it keeps the oil at bay until my wash the next day.
The only thing i dont love is the scent. Its the same scent as every other living proof item. A bit clean but with an undertone of peppery patchouli type smell. I really dont like it but its not very strong so its nothing that makes me not use the line.
Overall its a high quality and good priced per ounce dry shampoo that i would recommend to any hair color or type.
Lily A.
Los Angeles
This is an amazing dry shampoo. As a student, life can get super hectic and there are periods when I don't have the time to spare to pamper myself. At times like these, my Living Proof dry shampoo comes in super handy. Last semester, every time I couldn't fit in a shower, I would just spray this and leave with my hair looking decent. Only a handful could tell I hadn't taken a shower and because of the nice scent from the spray, it could easily be mistaken for the smell of shampoo. Furthermore, when I was considering buying this and reading the reviews, I noticed how some people commented on a white residue, which could potentially be mistaken for dandruff. It didn't happen often but I suppose there were cases when some people pointed out what they assumed to be dandruff in my head but were in fact just the white residue from the spray. I'm sure this can be solved by shaking the can well and my only comment for those debating whether or not to buy this product is to keep in mind the spray is pricier than those you can find at convenience stores. I wouldn't say it's significantly better but it definitely feels like you get more product each time you spray. Best to buy this if you're the type of person who won't be using up bottle after bottle of dry shampoo. Otherwise, a cheaper alternative would be better.
Cassidy M.
Corpus Christi, TX
Does this dry shampoo leave a fresh smell for a while or does the smell fade quickly?
Anna K.
Brooklyn, NY
How long does a can of this typically last for you?
Connie L.
Shirley, NY
I want to know if this is worth the hype? I currently use batiste and am very happy with the results. Is this product worth the price? Does it work well with fine, thick, curly hair?
Haley P.
Millen, GA
How does this dry shampoo compare to drugstore brands?
Sarah M.
Can I buy this at drugstores?