What it is:
An innovative formula that is applied in the shower and lightly rinsed, leaving behind only what you need to create beautiful, air-dried styles. How it works? As hair dries, it contracts, enhancing natural waves. Living Proof's thickening molecule PBAE creates separation between your strands for body, while a blend of lightweight conditioners deliver natural shine and softness. And there you have it, beautiful air dried hair without the trade-offs.

Key benefits:
- Applied in shower and quickly rinsed
- Creates beautiful, wave enhanced, air-dried styles
- Won't weigh hair down

Suggested Usage:
-Shampoo and condition hair as usual.
-Apply product to coat hair from roots to ends while still in the shower.
-Lightly rinse, towel dry, scrunch, braid, or bun, and air dry.
-Not sure how much to rinse? Make sure you can still feel some product on your hair.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
If you have naturally straight hair, try putting your hair in braids or buns and letting it air dry for best results.

Buy on Sephora
Rebecca N.
Woodbury, MN
I generally like to put minimal effort into my
hair routine since I have a habit of hitting the snooze button a few to many
times and usually end up throwing my hair up in a bun. I wanted to wear my hair
down more often but not have to put in too much effort either so I decided to
try this out with the cheaper travel size to see if I liked it. My hair’s
texture is not quite straight but not textured enough to fall into the curly
category either and tends to be on the frizzy side. After failed attempts with
other products like sea spray and air dry mousse that left my hair looking more
cave woman than beach babe, I was pleasantly surprised by the nice wavy texture
I got using PhD In Shower Styler.

shampooing and conditioning my hair in the evening I simply work this product
through while still in the shower, combing through it to remove any tangles and
lightly rinse. I then towel dry my hair until it’s just damp and then throw it
up into a simple sock bun on the crown of my head with an invisibobble (to
avoid the kink from a standard hair binder). The next morning I take my hair down and have some nice soft workable waves in my hair.
Alex G.
To start, I'll talk about my hair type. I have wavy, frizzy hair and I always have trouble finding products that will bring out my waves. I tried this product and I have to say it did work SOMETIMES once you figure out the right amount of product to put in your hair. However, it's not worth it to be because it's difficlut to use. It didn't work for my hair if i put too much product or too little product so it was stressful trying to figure out the right amount. It just wan't very consistent and I didn't know if my hair would end looking good or bad the day I use the product. Also. I found that I'd much rather just put in my product after the shower. That way, I can comb out my hair and then put product it and scrunch it. It was a fine product but for the price I didn't want to continue using it.
Rachel B.
I thought this product would be total junk when I first heard of it. It was included in a value set I purchased so I gave it a try. And holy cow I am so glad I did! I have long, thick, course, wavy hair. I have never been able to just let my hair air dry and look presentable. After shampooing and conditioning my hair, I put a generous amount of product in my hair. I step hunter the shower for 3-5 seconds. Step back and then ring my hair out. I typically use my fingers to comb a hair oil through to prevent frizz. Shake my hair a bit and then don’t touch it until it’s dry. I have had great luck sleeping on it.
Katelyn A.
I really wanted to like this product. I’ve tried it multiple times before writing this review. Even when changed how much I rinsed out of my hair, this product just doesn’t do much for me. My hair is either still frizzy (even after rough drying my hair) or too weighed down and greasy-looking. I’m glad I only bought the sample size. I’ll keep trying the product, but I wouldn’t recommend it right now.
McKenna B.
College Station, TX
Love this product!! I use this only about once or twice a week...depends on what I’m doing after I shower. I have a slight wave in my hair and when I use this product my hair dries just like it would if I had blow dried it. There’s no frizz and it makes my hair look like I put effort into it. It’s a little pricey but if you use it only a few times a week, it can last a long time. Also, a little goes a long way.
madison n.
Carteret, NJ
I had high expectations for this product because it is from a great brand. The price point is awesome for the amoumt of product you get as well. This product was sort of a miss for me though. Thats because i put it on after i conditioned my hair and it made it feel like i didnt condition it in the first place. I continued to follow my normal after shower hair care routine which just consists of combing it, putting oil in my hair, scrunching my hair up and letting it air dry. Once it dried i didnt really see any major differences in my hair. Everything looked the same. Im not sure if i would reccomend this, but hey, it may work for you :) i have wavy, color treated, frizzy hair btw
Julia P.
Toronto, ON
Not the best. I bought this product at Sephora after reading great reviews. It's quite pricey for how much you get but I figured I'd try. I have naturally wavy/straight hair and I wanted it to be fully wavy with no effort. I use this product in the shower and then scrunch my hair when I get out. Maybe it would work better if I braided my hair? It works, just not as well as my curl enhancer that I bought for half the price.
Afifa D.
I've never been so excited about a hair product until now!! Got this gem in one of my subscription boxes and I'm in love. It's easy to use in the shower with a very nice scent, I'm guessing grapefruit. It leaves my hair beautiful and soft. This is perfect for me since I always let my hair air dry. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day In-Shower Styler
Brittany B.
Saco, ME
This may be my very favorite living proof product. I have super curly hair and I use it regularly in the shower because it likes to air dry and that’s how I prefer to let my hair go in an effort to avoid heat damage. It smells amazing and leaves my hair feeling soft and light xo it keeps my hair in check for about two days- the photo used is a “day 2” when my curls have started to stretch out.
Victoria K.
I thought that this product was a hit or miss. Sometimes it would work. Sometimes it wouldn’t. I’m not going to complain about how nice this smell though because it really did smell good. I would probably not repurchase this.
Jennifer W.
Tappan, NY
I need to know... does this actually work and what can I reasonably expect this to do? Any additional products (i.e. Hairspray) necessary to hold style? Thanks!
Mallarie J.
Colorado Spgs, CO
How do you use this product
Cassandra S.
Toluca Lake, CA
Is this a lightweight conditioner? Used along with conditioner?
Oyuky R.
Can this be used everyday? Or is it like a once a week treatment?
Brionna P.
Palmyra, NJ
Do you need to use a lot of product to get results? I have long, thick, wavy hair and I'm afraid I will go through the bottle very quickly.