BY LIVING PROOF #2 in Dry Shampoo

A dry shampoo that cleans beyond ordinary dry shampoos. It’s powered by our patented Healthy Hair Molecule (OFPMA) and Triple-Action Cleaning Technology that:

• absorbs and removes oil, sweat and odor

• makes your hair look, feel and smell clean

• works on all hair colours because it leaves virtually no visible residue or powdery build-up behind

• has a time-released fragrance to deliver a light, clean scent throughout the day

• Application tip: See a little white residue? No worries, that's the cleaning in action as the oil and sweat are absorbed by the dry shampoo. Just wait 30 seconds and brush gently to remove.

Perfect hair Day (PhD) Dry Shampoo is ideal for all hair types. It is silicone-free. Safe and formulated for colour and chemically treated hair.

• I love this stuff!! Anyone else love it as much as me!!!?...3 Answers
  • How well does this dry shampoo perform? Do you feel clean...6 Answers
  • I have super oily hair, will this be my life saver?6 Answers
Reviews (2019)
Buy on Sephora*
Meghan K.
Mc Kees Rocks, PA
Going from being completely bald in 2015 (thank you Cancer), to having a head full of new growth hair entering 2018...the adjustment back to womanhood and hair styling is tough work! I remember the days of throwing a hat or glitter on my head and getting ready in 5 mins—- those days are over girlfriend! But I am so so so very happy and thankful they are! As you all know, I am VERY picky with my hair care products! But my life just got a little bit easier, thanks to this incredible dry shampoo from @livingproofinc Let me explain... this is NOt your average dry shampoo ladies and gents! This is magic in a single spray! You know how some dry shampoos make you feel even dirtier than going with greasy roots, well this spray leaves you feeling refreshed! A spray, a shake, and literally I am on my way! Bet you couldn’t tell I haven’t washed my hair in 3 days! Heck, my hair has more volume than if I did wash it! The smell of this product is not too strong but just fresh enough to make me feel clean. Hint: spray is on your roots, wait about 10 seconds before giving your roots a shake. I swear I see this product getting to work by soaking up Tony hair grease! I love it!!! Go get your hands on this product NOW! It is truly a must try product!
Senica L.
Long Is City, NY
I like to limit my hair washing to 1 to 2 times a week and sometimes my hair needs a little pick me up in between washes. When my hair gets too greasy and I don’t want to put gel in it or put it in a ponytail I’ll use dry shampoo to spruce up my hair, so I am definitely familiar with using dry shampoos. This living proof dry shampoo definitely cleaned better than other products I’ve tried in the past. It completely eliminated the oil from the roots of my hair. I like that the spray nozzle was formulated in a way to make a product come out evenly and forcefully. The smell was fresh but a bit overpowering. I was concerned that the smell would clash with my perfume. The other thing I noticed was if I use the dry shampoo two days in a row there would definitely be small clumps of powder in my hair that looked like dandruff which is definitely not cute.
lydia g.
Greene, ME
I have extremely fine, oily hair. I try to only wash my hair every other day and would like to go longer than that, but my hair becomes so greasy I can't hide it in a messy bun any longer. Every dry shampoo I've tried has made my hair feel stiff and somehow even more first. They made my hair smell nice but besides that they didn't do anything. This dry shampoo, though, has changed the game for me. You spray it in, wait about 30 seconds, and brush it through your hair with either a brush or your fingers. My hair feels almost like it does after a fresh wash. It seems to clean my hair rather than cover up the gross parts. It gives great volume and smells amazing. I even woke up the morning after the fay I used it, and my hair still didn't seem oily! I'm incredibly impressed! I'm going to be buying this for years to come! I received it free from Influenster to test it out, but it'll be worth every penny I pay for it from now on!
Alyssa B.
Landers, CA
This dry shampoo does a EXCELLENT job of reducing the appearance of oil in my hair without a white cast like some others. I am not a avid dry shampoo user and will only use it when my hair really needs some support and I am in a hurry. The scent is very pleasant although it can sometimes be over powering. The only downside to this dry shampoo is, like many others, it can cause my scalp to become fairly dry and sometimes cause some flaking. I never use it twice in a row or more than once a week/every two weeks. Overall, I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who likes to limit their hair washing and could use some pick me ups every now and then.
Kristina R.
I love this dry shampoo. I also use a ton of other Living Proof products and love them all.
As some others mentioned, yes there is a strong scent, but I actually really enjoy it and it's one of the reasons I buy their products. However, if you have a sensitive nose, I recommend smelling it in store before purchasing.
This works great at decreasing my oil and did not leave behind any white residue.
Also, I do not use it multiple days in a row, I don't like feeling a build up of residue and feel like my hair gets oily fast so I just prefer to wash it and use the dry shampoo on occasion. I use it to either add texture to my hair before styling it or on a second day without washing.
I've never used it after working out (because I prefer the feeling of washed hair) so I'm not sure how well it would work after post-workout sweat.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
This is a fantastic dry shampoo. I've tried many high end dry shampoo like the elizabeth and james nirvana dry shampoos in all scents, Ouai dry shampoo, and my favorite Drybar Dry shampoo.
I have a go to but had been pretty blown away with this brands products that i had tried like the restore system and the frizz free spray and the nightcap overnight conditioner so i knew i had to try everything and since i use dry shampoo a lot this was the next logical product for me to try.
Now i have naturally very thick and very curly hair thats slightly damaged from daily heat from flat, curling and waving irons as well as blow dryers. I wash my hair every 4 to 6 days the day after its so oily i cant stand it. I only get oily at the roots even by that time so dry shampoo is the logical option for me to make that oily hair manageable.
This bottle has a good amount of product in it and you dont need very much. It does go on white but using a brush to brush through my hair with it on and shaking my hair out with my fingers and massaging the roots it sinks in very quickly. It leaves no residue behind or any weird powder pieces like the Nirvana dry shampoo and it keeps the oil at bay until my wash the next day.
The only thing i dont love is the scent. Its the same scent as every other living proof item. A bit clean but with an undertone of peppery patchouli type smell. I really dont like it but its not very strong so its nothing that makes me not use the line.
Overall its a high quality and good priced per ounce dry shampoo that i would recommend to any hair color or type.
Alyssa H.
This is by far the best dry shampoo. My favorite one isnt sold anywhere anymore so had to find a new one and this i the only other one that works good for me. My hair felt clean and fresh and didnt leave any residue or weird feeling like alot of others do. I didnt really give me volume but for how good it made my hair look and feel thats ok, i just paired it with a volume texture spray to add volume. But the big negative for me which is why i only gave it 4 stars is the price. Its $23 for only a 4oz. Can. Now dont get me wrong its a high quality product but for someone like me that cant afford it puts it out of my reach to ever buy it. I was lucky enough to get this one from a friend, i would have never got to even try it otherwise. If i could afford it tho i would defidently buy it 100%. So if u can afford this i highly reccommend u try it.
Kelsey S.
Morristown, TN
I thought this was an "okay" dry shampoo. I used it after 3 days of not washing my hair to see how it would do. It actually did a good job of soaking up the oils and sweat I had produced from being in the Florida sun. I have dark brunette hair and it definitely gave a white cast to the hair if you fo not work it in all the way. It has a very strong perfume/floral scent to it as well so, if you do not like strong scents this may not be for you. I thought it did well with absorbing the oils and grease from my roots after 3 days of not washing my hair though. It took a while to work it in and to work the white cast out of my hair. I believe with blonde or lighter color hair it would be easier to work with and take less time to work in without leaving a white cast on the hair. All in all this product does the job!
Catherine J.
Alpharetta, GA
My one and only, holy grail, can’t be without it product. I’ve tried out so many dry shampoos since I decided to stop washing my hair as often.

It took me a while to try the Living Proof PHD Dry Shampoo, mostly because of the price. At $23 for just over 4 oz of product, this is pretty expensive. Just one use was all it took to convince me that this dry shampoo is worth it.

Most dry shampoos leave tons of gross residue in your hair and only mask oil, but Living Proof PHD Dry Shampoo actually cleans your hair and leaves it feeling fresh.

I recently decided to try Wella’s dry shampoo, but I ended up returning it. Living Proof has ruined me for other dry shampoos.
Jessica L.
I was watching the review on Facebook, where Living Proof sprayed all the girls in the cycling class with their dry shampoo, and they came out with fresh hair, and I though, well... I can at least try it. This dry shampoo is so awesome! The smell is a little overpowering for me, kind of smells grapefruit-y, but it's not bad.  It's amazing spray, definitely can tell a difference between using it and a cheaper spray, like Baptiste. I like to spray it at night and sleep in it, and then when I wake up shake it out. (Obviously you can do it when you wake up, I just like the fact that I wake up with hair that looks clean.
Cassidy M.
Corpus Christi, TX
Does this dry shampoo leave a fresh smell for a while or does the smell fade quickly?
Anna K.
Brooklyn, NY
How long does a can of this typically last for you?
Tiffany S.
COLUMBIA CITY, IN
Does this product leave a residue on your hair? I hate feeling like there is grit on my hair versus soft and lightweight hair. How dot you use it?
Connie L.
Shirley, NY
I want to know if this is worth the hype? I currently use batiste and am very happy with the results. Is this product worth the price? Does it work well with fine, thick, curly hair?
Haley P.
Millen, GA
How does this dry shampoo compare to drugstore brands?