BY LIVING PROOF

What it is:
A customizable body building hairspray that creates instant, buildable body with airiness, movement, and light hold.

Key benefits:
- Customizable nozzle for instant, buildable body
- Provides heat protection up to 450 degrees
- Adds airiness and movement to styled hair

If you want to know more…

Ingredients: Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denat., Butane, VP/Vinyl Caprolactam/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Vinyl Caprolactam/VP/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Linoleamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate, Propylene Glycol Dibenzoate, PPG‐5‐Ceteth‐20, Polyglyceryl‐10 Pentaoleate, Fragrance, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene.

Suggested Usage:
-Turn nozzle for more (M) or less (L) body.
-Hold can six to 10 inches away from styled, dry hair. Section hair and spray.
-Finish with a final spray for extra body and hold.

Precautions:
-DO NOT turn the nozzle past the (M) and (L) markings on silver ring.

Kat J.
Purchased at: Sephora
I went to my local Sephora to check out this new Living Proof product,... I was excited to try this because my limp fine hair has absolutely no volume or body whatsoever LOL

PRICE: $29 (or $15 for the travel size)

CLAIMS: Powered by a customizable nozzle that adjusts the particle size and spray rate, this formula contains a blend of flexible and firm polymers to create body with softness no matter which setting you use. An emollient blend adds shine and anti-static agents improve the brushability. The result is instant buildable body with airiness, movement, and light, touchable hold.

INSTRUCTIONS: Turn nozzle for more (M) or less (L) body. Hold can six to 10 inches away from styled, dry hair. Section hair and spray. Finish with a final spray for extra body and hold. Precautions: DO NOT turn the nozzle past the (M) and (L) markings on silver ring.

I split my hair into sections and followed the instructions, spraying generously. I loved seeing how fine the mist was, but buyer beware: this spray comes out fast, so be gentle with the application because one extra second could overdo it. Also keep in mind that there is nothing stopping the nozzle from going past the markings, so attention is needed when setting this up to spray. This product has the classic Living Proof fresh scent: sweet, light, and not overpowering. It was easy to use and apply, and the can wasn’t heavy or difficult to hold.

RESULTS: My hair definitely had the light touchable hold Living Proof claims to give with this Body Builder Spray,... Not one strand of my hair was sticky or tangled after using this. As for the volume, I was pleasantly surprised by the natural-looking added body to the top of my hair. It took some “zhuzhing” to see results, but that’s to be expected with most volumizing hair products. The spraying made my hair a little frizzy, but once I brushed my hair out, the body remained and my ‘do was smooth and full. My results lasted only a few hours, but I imagine they would’ve lasted longer had I used other products in conjunction with this one (like hairspray).

Overall, this product is great for a little extra body for piecey or casual hairstyles, but don’t expect a volumizing miracle. I would definitely consider buying, but maybe just the travel size for occasional use. I tried and reviewed this product as part of a VirtualVox for Influenster, but my thoughts and opinions are entirely my own.

OTHER INFO: This product is ideal for most hair types and is silicone-free, safe, and formulated for color and chemically treated hair. It is also formulated without parabens and phthalates.

OVERALL GRADE: 4 / 5 STARS
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Anna M.
Long Beach, CA
Purchased at: ULTA
I LOVE Living Proof and everything I’ve tried from this brand so far. This body builder is great for adding volume to hair, even if it has been colored like mine. I didn’t notice any flakes from the formula, and it didn’t make my hair feel stiff or heavy. I sprayed it a total of 3 times (one to the lowest concentration all the way to the “Less” sign, one all the way to highest concentration all the way to the “More”, and one in the middle). Even after leaving it on overnight, it still looks great.

Personally, I liked using Less then building it up, but if you like more volume or have less time, then I can see the More setting being very convenient for this. Overall I think the customizable nozzle is a great idea, easy to use, and definitely helps achieve different looks better. Highly recommend their dry shampoo too.
Marissa G.
Omaha, NE
I have thick hair that I curl daily. I typically struggle with it falling flat by the end of the day. To combat this I have been using hairspray along with a dry volume spray and sea spray. The reason that I like this product is that it combines all these products together. I only have to use one product in my hair, rather than three. Additionally the scent is amazing. I’ve tried other living proof products in the past and the scent hasn’t always been my favorite, especially since I notice it turn throughout the day. This product had a different scent that I liked a lot more. Only downside is that it did provide a gummy texture when I applied closer to the roots so this just needs to be used in moderation. Otherwise a great deal and worth checking out. Thanks to Influenster for giving me the opportunity to get #yourbesthair with #LivingProofatSephora !! #contest
Kimberly F.
Hayward, CA
Purchased at: ULTA
I bought the travel size of this Body Builder hairspray from Ulta to test it out. I like how innovative the hair products are from Living Proof, so I was willing to pay the $15 for a small bottle of hairspray. I was intrigued by the before and after pictures of how voluminous hair looked after using it. The nozzle is easy to adjust to allow how much product comes out and how much body I want to add.

After trying it a few times, I don't see a big difference in how big my hair looks after using it. It makes my hair feel a bit tacky and textured after using it similar to sea salt spray. The fragrance smells like the scent of the dry shampoo but I would prefer products with no added fragrance.

Overall, it's an effective hairspray but I wouldn't want to spray a ton on my hair.
Sabah H.
sugar land
Purchased at: Sephora
So I’ve been using this for about 2 weeks now, I have color treated hair that’s naturally very thick and curly. I usually use this product when I straighten my hair to give me more volume at the roots. When I apply this product, even on the low setting, I feel like it just clumps up my hair together without giving me volume. It acts more like a hairspray than a texturizing spray that gives volume. I don’t see much of a difference in my hair when using it. I’ve tried spraying it further away and using my hands to tease it, but it hasn’t really worked for me. I will keep trying to use it to see if it works, but I didn’t get that instant wow from it just yet. I would try it in store before buying it.
Sandy C.
Tooele, UT
Okay, so I’m not a fan of #Living Proof. I don’t get what the big deal is or why their products are so expensive. When #Sephora first introduced their line a few years back, I tried almost all of their products, and felt like my hair still needed to be washed and conditioned. My hair is long, and dry from coloring. Still, I was disappointed by Living proof Perfect Hair Day Body Builder, it really fell flat.
Kathleen K.
Purchased at: Sephora
Brought my boyfriend (the really hair product junkie) into Sephora to try out Living proof Perfect Hair Day Body Builder #LivingProofAtSephora. Overall the product provides a soft flexible hold and nice body. #YourBestHair He found the scent to be too strong and I couldn’t really tell the difference between the high and low nozzle rate so that’s why I couldn’t rate it 5 stars
Cassandra W.
North Ridgeville
Purchased at: Sephora
Living Proof Body Builder Hairspray is amazing for any occasion and is extremely easy to use ! I especially love to use it to boost in some volume and hold my hair all day long in updos😍 I love that you can adjust the knob to give yourself more or less volume. #YourBestHair #LivingProofAtSephora #Contest @LivingProofInc @Influenster
jessica h.
Louisa, KY
I was already a huge fan of the living proof brand so I felt that this was going to be a great product. I was delighted by how easy the bottle was to use and it really helped build volume in my flat, boring hair. I highly recommend this product although it can be pricey but you get what you pay for and its totally worth it. I did write this review as part if a contest but all opinions are my own. #YourBestHair #LivingProofAtUlta #Contest
Lindsey S.
Used this product on my recent trip to Europe when my converter didn’t work with any of my hot tools. In dyer need a a trim for my weighed down natural waves, I sprayed this in my hair EVERY MORNING. Funny enough, I got more compliments using this products in my wavy hair than ever straightening it! Thank #livingproof #wavyhair #lifesaver #influencer #perfecthairdayLiving proof Perfect Hair Day Body Builder
emily a.
Is this good for curly hair?
Jayda N.
Macon
Im dying to try this! What are your experience with it?
Shannon D.
How does this compare to their volume spray? Does this double as a dry shampoo?
Vanessa G.
mission
how Is the nozzle on this spray? what does it claim to do?
Simona I.
Herkimer, NY
what do you think if the living proof hairspray? Living proof Perfect Hair Day Body Builder