BY LIVE STRONG #53 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• Have you ever bought one of these bracelet’s in support o...3 Answers
  • Where can you buy a Livestrong bracelet?3 Answers
  • has this died completely?14 Answers
Live Strong
  • "Its unfortunate that Lance Armstrong was not a good role model or person but the organization still does good to help others." in 16 reviews
  • "Live Strong supports a great cause, they also dish out the greatest tips for athletes to weight losers to your ordinary joe." in 13 reviews
  • "Even though this organization was sort of a "fad" years ago and associated with Lance Armstrong it is still a great organization " in 12 reviews
  • "I love the message of livestrong and I'm an owner of the yellow bracelet despite the controversy it stands for a good cause. " in 12 reviews
  • "I love how these bands are not only fashionable but convey a great and inspirational message and is a great way to support cancer!" in 10 reviews
Bonnie L.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 2
The Live Strong organization is an amazing organization. They really are trying to find a cure for cancer. Your money goes towards research. You can go online to donate. Overall, the Live Strong organization is a great organization that I support.
Connie T.
I actually found out about this when I was buying shoes from a store about 5 years ago and one of the employees of the store told me what it was for. It's a great thing and at the end of my purchase I ended up donating about $10 to it and they gave me the bracelet as well as a token of my donation.
Emily P.
Wauwatosa, WI
I had a Live Strong band from back in middle school when it was the cool thing to have. But I'm really impressed with how Live Strong has been able to evolve into a health and wellness expert online. They have great articles about how to maintain a balanced lifestyle.
Jasmina I.
Ankeny , IA
I remember this growing up and in high school. When you receive the bracelet you just feel good that you helped donate to a good cause. I haven't heard anything new from them in years but I'm sure they are still around
Rocio H.
Phoenix, AZ
Cancer. Anything to find the cure to this nasty disease. Definitely will always try to donate but I'm always up for a marathon LOVE to run next to survivors makes my run 1000 x better! I will continue to run for this charity!
Abby K.
Mt Pleasant, WI
I used to love this bracelet. It stands for a lot of good in the world. To just keep going, and keep being well strong! Its comfortable bracelet that you can put on and take off easily!
Rachel Y.
Winston Salem, NC
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
I remember when this organization first took off. It was for a really good purpose and all the wristbands really got people's attention. They still have a really strong online community and the information is still really helpful for health.
Amanda K.
Dallas, TX
A few years ago, everybody was wearing their Live Strong bands EVERYWHERE. Now, they're substantially less prevalent.

I've lived in Austin, Texas for the past ~20 years, so I really saw the launch and plateau of this organization. Even their galas and other events aren't getting the press and attendance they used to get. Though, this might change with Lance Armstrong stepping down as chairman of Live Strong.

All of that being said, the Live Strong bands make great gifts when traveling internationally. My family brings bags of Live Strong bands on every trip we take; we give them out to tour guides, waiters, cabbies...basically anybody and everybody we interact with. Since Live Strong is a global organization and has really developed a brand identity, people overseas are usually quite excited to get a Live Strong band.
Brittney B.
Mahopac, NY
Again these bracelets were a staple in showing unity and strength, therefor other diseases have taken this idea to help raise money for their diseases and causes. A great way for people to help organizations raise money or for a family who is in need of money to pay for their medical expenses. Many people I know made bracelets like the live strong with their loved ones name on it to help raise money or to show how many people care in their recovery.
Grace V.
Fort Collins, CO
My mother was diagnosed with cancer in the summer of 2011. I chose to take off a semester to stay home so I could drive her to her appointments and help out around the house. Having a loved one with cancer can be stressful, and the livestrong website provided me with wonderful information on how to are for my mom, as well as understand the sort of cancer she had better. Not only did it benefit me, it helped give her peace of mind with their tips for getting through chemo therapy. My mom is now recovered after 6 months of chemo and I couldn't be happier. I truly appreciate all of the information we were provided by the livestrong organization during those trying times.
Rebecca U.
Woodford, VA
Where can you buy a Livestrong bracelet? (Besides the Internet)
Sydney E.
Who all owns a livestrong bracelet ?🙋🏼
Rachel H.
London
Is this really a good organization with all the controversy over Lance Armstrong and the lies that he has told?
Kerby C.
Do they still make these?
Dominique D.
What cause do you support?