- "Its unfortunate that Lance Armstrong was not a good role model or person but the organization still does good to help others." in 16 reviews
- "Live Strong supports a great cause, they also dish out the greatest tips for athletes to weight losers to your ordinary joe." in 13 reviews
- "Even though this organization was sort of a "fad" years ago and associated with Lance Armstrong it is still a great organization " in 12 reviews
- "I love the message of livestrong and I'm an owner of the yellow bracelet despite the controversy it stands for a good cause. " in 12 reviews
- "I love how these bands are not only fashionable but convey a great and inspirational message and is a great way to support cancer!" in 10 reviews
I've lived in Austin, Texas for the past ~20 years, so I really saw the launch and plateau of this organization. Even their galas and other events aren't getting the press and attendance they used to get. Though, this might change with Lance Armstrong stepping down as chairman of Live Strong.
All of that being said, the Live Strong bands make great gifts when traveling internationally. My family brings bags of Live Strong bands on every trip we take; we give them out to tour guides, waiters, cabbies...basically anybody and everybody we interact with. Since Live Strong is a global organization and has really developed a brand identity, people overseas are usually quite excited to get a Live Strong band.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos