BY LITTLEBITS #16 in Toys

• Besides online can I buy the premium kits in any stores locally i...3 Answers
LEAR17497 Isabella P.
Miami, Florida
There are two big heavy hitters in this market- LittleBits and SnapCircuits. A quick rule of thumb is that LittleBits requires a little more investment and parental imagination before getting started, but they also go farther- LittleBits makes modules that adults use to quickly test out a variety of types of circuits from sensors to synthesizers. SnapCircuits is much easier for younger kids and solo play, but doesn't extend far past its marketed age level. Either of these kits is wonderful for children and adults alike- but you should consider what you're looking for. Do you just want a toy for young children to learn the basics of electrical engineering (get SnapCircuits)? Do you want a child-appropriate introductory toolkit that has a little less LEGO-style play up-front but can fuel a healthy imagination well into adulthood (get LittleBits)? Another comparison might be that if SnapCircuits were like LEGO blocks, LittleBits is more like an Erector set- not necessarily harder, just not as suited to outright play for small children, and more appropriate for experimentation.
Dee D.
Greeley, CO
f you need a gift on the spot then this is a perfect place to stop! Little girls and boys were in heaven with squeals of delight and intrigue as they tried to decide what item to invest more of their energies. The three female employees were bebind the sales counter periodically catching the eye of the adults and giving them warm cheerfing welcome as if they were friends with and everyone of them. The Playmobil stock has lots of choices,and styles which was nice to see. There were old fashion board games. The kits werevery cooly. The Magic Trick boxes and how to build dragon paper airplanes. So many items in the store that I could not decide what I liked best myself..I did like the learning sets that showed how electricity worked and such. Some of the prices were upwards of$20 over the price I would get online.
მარიამ ხ.
Dover, DE
This set was gifted to my sister care center, where we have school aged children as well as preschoolers. The kids absolutely LOVE it. Reading other reviews I
noted that many had an issue with the simplicity of the projects that can be done with this basic kit. In my opinion it is a great starter kit for younger (3-5) children. That they can actually put together a simple circuit that DOES something seems to never get old. This is a big deal for them!!! For the olders (8-11) they enjoy the more advanced projects in the manual, and this kit is a great starter kit that allows add-ons as they become more adept (and I do as well!)
Montana S.
visalia, CA
This is an amazing teaching tool, and the snap-together interconnectivity of the pieces is a proven design. MIT's Scratch programming system works in the same way. As a future parent, and overgrown kid, I love this product and can see it inspiring in kids a life-long love with tinkering and possibly sparking interest in a career in science and engineering. For the US, which is falling behind globally in the areas of math and science, this is a much needed area we need to work on as a country if we are to stay competitive with the rest of the world. Aside from this big-picture perspective, these things are just fun!
Meaad S.
Springfield Gardens, NY
Describe your product in 3 words.

Simple. Playful. Powerful.

littleBits is more than a product, it is a platform for large and small inventions. We spend more than eleven hours a day with technology, but most people don’t know how it works, and spend the majority of their time consuming media. We believe people are born creative, and our electronic building blocks help to unleash the inventor within by engaging them in an incredibly powerful, exhilarating and most importantly, fun process of invention, rather than prescribing one-off experiences.
Shakira J.
This set includes a whopping 19 bits plus some awesome accessories including mounting boards, wheels and attachments for the servo bit. These make for a lot of different project possibilities and will complement other littleBits sets you might already have very well. This was my first time getting to play with a temperature sensor and I’m already thinking of possible projects to make with it.
Luz Paola M.
One of the best options of intelligent toys to develop the mind of the children, it makes me see how my nephew develops skills and becomes more independent when he learns to use the pieces, it is a great gift because it stimulates his intelligence and does more Ready, is super dudactic and makes me spend a lot of time to build to get results, is very good quality, I love this alternative
I bought this for my 10 year old nephew who lives across the country. I get regular videos of him with his latest creation! I love that he has so many options for invention, even with this base kit. But I can see that I'll need to support his inventing habit with more kits, which is fine by me! So much better for him than video games, etc. And he enjoys it so much more!
Krystina D.
Macedon, NY
We use LIttleBits at work with the kids, and they really love them. They work very well for kids of any skill level, because they are color coded and magnetic. It's hard to mess up! It's also great that they come with manuals with a wide variety of projects that range from simple to very complicated. They're pricey for home use, but they're a great learning tool!
Amanda R.
Otsego, MI
My 9 year old loves science and she is always building and creating amazing adventures with the toys she has all ready but I am shocked at how beyond my expectations little-bits is I thought like anything else she would play with only for a short while but my daughter can play with the little bits base kit for hours. This year I want to get her the premium kit.
Amanda R.
Otsego, MI
Besides online can I buy the premium kits in any stores locally in Kalamazoo, Michigan?