Little Fires Everywhere

by Hulu

The runaway New York Times bestseller!

Named a Best Book of the Year by:
People, The Washington Post, Bustle, Esquire, Southern Living, The Daily Beast, GQ, Entertainment Weekly, NPR, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iBooks, Audible, Goodreads, Library Reads, Book of the Month, PasteKirkus ReviewsSt. Louis Post-Dispatch, and many more!

"I read Little Fires Everywhere in a single, breathless sitting." –Jodi Picoult

“To say I love this book is an understatement. It’s a deep psychological mystery about the power of motherhood, the intensity of teenage love, and the danger of perfection. It moved me to tears.” - Reese Witherspoon

“I am loving Little Fires Everywhere. Maybe my favorite novel I've read this year.”—John Green

"Witty, wise, and tender. It's a marvel." – Paula Hawkins

From the bestselling author of Everything I Never Told You, a riveting novel that traces the intertwined fates of the picture-perfect Richardson family and the enigmatic mother and daughter who upend their lives.

In Shaker Heights, a placid, progressive suburb of Cleveland, everything is planned – from the layout of the winding roads, to the colors of the houses, to the successful lives its residents will go on to lead. And no one embodies this spirit more than Elena Richardson, whose guiding principle is playing by the rules.

Enter Mia Warren – an enigmatic artist and single mother – who arrives in this idyllic bubble with her teenaged daughter Pearl, and rents a house from the Richardsons. Soon Mia and Pearl become more than tenants: all four Richardson children are drawn to the mother-daughter pair. But Mia carries with her a mysterious past and a disregard for the status quo that threatens to upend this carefully ordered community.

When old family friends of the Richardsons attempt to adopt a Chinese-American baby, a custody battle erupts that dramatically divides the town--and puts Mia and Elena on opposing sides.  Suspicious of Mia and her motives, Elena is determined to uncover the secrets in Mia's past. But her obsession will come at unexpected and devastating costs.

Little Fires Everywhere explores the weight of secrets, the nature of art and identity, and the ferocious pull of motherhood – and the danger of believing that following the rules can avert disaster.

Perfect for book clubs! Visit celesteng.com for discussion guides and more.

Does Little Fires Everywhere follow the book closely?
Thoights on Little Fires Everywhere? Would you recommend the book or the show?
Is the book better than the show?
Start your review of Little Fires Everywhere!
Tammy B.
Hephzibah, GA
I really enjoyed the first season of this show. I can't wait to see what season 2 will have in store for us. I gave always been a Reese Witherspoon fan, so I binge watched this as soon as it came out.
Morgan H.
Manchester, NJ
This show is SO good!! The cast truly makes this series phenomenal... Kerry Washington and Reese Witherspoon shine. The show is about how the two women become intertwined in each other’s lives whether they like it or not and their family members play crucial roles in it as well. Reese Witherspoon’s character rents out an apartment to Kerry Washington and then hires her and everything unravels from there...Little Fires Everywhere is addicting! You can’t stop watching. I tried to just watch one episode at a time but I ended up binging the whole season at once. I can’t wait for the next season!!
Jackie F.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This show might be better if it wasn’t based on a book... by that, I mean I’m only on the second episode and they’ve already changed SO much from the book. It’s awful when a show or movie is based on a book and they completely change all the details that make up the story. The show has a really weird dynamic between Mia and the other characters (she comes off as very rude to everyone else, including Pearl) and she engages in drugs and other acts that didn’t exist at all in the book, so even the characters aren’t true to the original story. I don’t understand why they changed the things they did, and I feel it takes away from the story and tries to turn it into something it’s not.
Molly A.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Little Fires Everywhere uploaded by Molly A.
This is a really good book and show! I enjoyed the book the most. It has a really good story line. It had me wanting to read more and more. I will definitely be adding to my list to re-read in the future.
Samantha J.
N Las Vegas, NV
This limited series was great. I love the story that it takes me back in the late 90s. I was able to go down memory lane. My favorite character was played by Kerry Washington.
Brittany A.
Decatur, GA
I loved watching this series. So suspenseful it kept me glued to my TV. I raved about it on my Facebook and my Facebook friends watched and agreed that it is a really good show. I got my girlfriend hooked as well. We’re all waiting for the next season to drop.
Nicole T.
Jersey City, NJ
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This book was so good and the film adaptation on Hulu is just fantastic! Underlying issues of racism and class system in America with some deep dark secrets.
Tali K.
Studio City, CA
This show was entertaining and kept me on my toes. The acting is unbelievable. Every single actor in the show was impeccable. I can see this show winning awards. I am giving it 5/5 because the story is great as well. I would recommend this show to others.
Maeve J.
Staff
This show was thrilling even though the concept sounds fairly tame. It has a similar vibe that Big Little Lies has in it's family-centric drama with secrets and snark galore and wonderful child actors. The acting all around is phenomenal - Reese Witherspoon truly makes you seethe.
Bree
Orlando, FL
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I'm a sucker for story featuring a parent and child relationship at the forefront so I loved this. It was so captivating.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Mackenzie M.
Buford, GA
il y a un an
Does Little Fires Everywhere follow the book closely?
Brittany K. il y a un an
It does follow the book closely! I will say that they add a lot more drama on the show. They incorporate different issues that are recognized in modern society. I recommend both!
Katie S.
Kansas City
il y a un an
Thoights on Little Fires Everywhere? Would you recommend the book or the show?
Emily C. il y a un an
Definitely would recommend the book over the show! I read the book and liked it (though I wouldn’t give it a “book of the year” award personally, but thought the show was truly awful!