BY LITTLE BROWN CO

• The book to me was so much better then the movie!! Did you prefer...1 Answers
Jessyca S.
Jessyca S.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I first read this book about 13 years ago, and I remember really enjoying the journey that you were taking on through the character's eyes. I recently reread the book, and loved it just as much the second time around. It's a heartbreaking but wonderful story about a young girl who gets murdered in the 1970s and her perspective as she watches down on those who she loves and the journey that they go through once she has passed.
Alondra D.
Alondra D.
I actually read this book a while ago and I remember feeling so at peace while reading it. It was a beautiful read. I didn't know it was a movie until a little while ago, and after watching it I can say it was also pretty good, though not as good as the book.
Gladys S.
Gladys S.
fort worth, TX
This is a nice easy read. i love how the story is told from the point of view of Susie Salmon, the girl who was murdered. It definitely makes this book unique. I haven't read other books from this author but i plan to and recommend this book to everyone.
Holly R.
Holly R.
Murfreesboro, TN
I absolutely hated this book. The premise is interesting but reading about how a young girl is raped, from her perspective, then murdered, is beyond my realm of enjoyment. She watches her family fall apart because of her death. It was miserable.
MaryCaroline G.
MaryCaroline G.
St Petersburg, FL
This book was exceptionally well written. I had high hopes for the movie, but was disappointed. Honestly, the book isn't as scary as the movie, it is just raw and emotional. I would highly recommend reading it, but it is NOT a book for children.
Alexis T.
Alexis T.
This was an amazing read. It makes you feel every emotion you can think of. The storyline keeps your attention and you want to finish it to know if she got justice. If you like haunting and crime books, you'll like this book.
Jennifer  D.
Jennifer D.
Cumberland, RI
This book was so well written and I love how the narration is from the girls perspective of overlooking. It really makes you think about your loved ones looking over you.
Vanessa W.
Vanessa W.
Very well written. Was sad, but also made me angry. Really makes one think. Do NOT waste your timer seeing the movie. As with most, it pales in comparison to the book.
Samantha A.
Samantha A.
Walker, LA
A wonderfully sad book. A must read that keeps you on edge and wanting more. Well written and easily understood, easily to follow along with. A great read!
Jonbenet M.
Jonbenet M.
Amazing book. I really recommend it. My friend recommended it to me and told me I would love it. I told her that I probably wouldn't but she was right.
Nicole A.
Nicole A.
Las Vegas , NV
The book to me was so much better then the movie!! Did you prefer the book or the movie?