BY LITTLE BROWN CO

• The book to me was so much better then the movie!! Did you prefer...1 Answers
Buy on Target*
Taylor F.
Toledo, OH
Holy Moly this is an amazing book. It's been a few years since I've read it but it's still one of my favorites. It's definitely dark, and hard to get through some parts because of the intense emotions it conveys, but completely worth the tears in the end. This book follows a young girl who has been murdered, as her spirit comes back and tries to help bring her killer to justice. This book is insanely creative and well written, and I would recommend to everyone. Definitely a must read.
Megan V.
Aurora, CO
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This is a great book for adults and young adults alike. The main characters narration keeps you on your toes as she takes you through the events leading up to her death to solve the mystery of what happened. Once you finish the book, the movie is amazingly adapted (minus a few details) which was an awesome plus!
Tayler H.
Richardson, TX
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This book is very intense. It keeps you on your toes the entire time. It's an excellent story line although also very emotional. It's about a young girl you disappears and her families (especially her fathers) relentless effort to find her. It's a great book and a great movie! Definitely recommend both!
Lisa R.
Wilmerding, PA
This was superbly written. The young girl narrating her own horrible death. Watching her family stop at nothing to solve the mystery. Seeing her father in agony over lossing her daughter. It was truly moving. I had feelings of disgust, anger, love, heartbreak, sorrow. The list goes on.
Stephanie F.
Benbrook, TX
The Lovely Bones is a beautifully tragic read. It was written exceptionally well and captured your attention from the first moment. It was heartbreaking and full of love at the very same moment. It was definitely better than the movie. If you haven't read this book, you need to.
Janet B.
Boothbay Hbr, ME
The lovely bones is a wonderful novel. I have read it many times over. It draws the reader in. The sadness and heartbreak of the victim is palpable. You want to reach through the pages and help.
Brooke K.
Bookworm Expert Level 2
Alice Sebold is such a great author. The Lovely Bones was one of the first mystery novels I read when I was younger. I love her writing style and the imagery she builds in this book.
Kasey L.
Milton, WV
I love this book. I'm actually reading it again now! I got the movie at a going out of business sale and immediately after watching the movie I searched for the book. I got the book and could not put it down. I read it at the gym, on the way to work... it's just an incredible book. You're hooked before the first chapter even ends.

I recently found her book Lucky at Habitat for Humanity's Restore for 10 cents and KNEW I had to get it because I loved this book so much. I hope to read it soon.

This is a must read for anyone who loves mystery or drama!
Kristýna B.
Ralston, NE
Super interesting book. I really enjoyed it. It's a totally different perspective from any book I've read and I really enjoyed the character development throughout. It's a bit of a mystery, a little suspenseful, a little odd in nature given the voice of main character, but at times you get lost and it feels normal and you totally forget that one of these people are no longer alive.
Jordyn L.
Awe man, all I can say this was really really well written. This was definitely one of the first books to make me cry, even though it's so sad it has you hoping that just maybe the girl can make things clear for everyone.
Nicole A.
Las Vegas , NV
The book to me was so much better then the movie!! Did you prefer the book or the movie?